Navdata-Pro Cycle for Majestic Dash8-Q400?

Martin Müller

• Deputy Sheriffs

When installing, make sure that in the dialogbox you choose "Cycle V.13xx .. (Aerosoft Server)" and not "... (Local)".

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 uses the Wilco/Feelthere 737 Navdata.

There are 3 (737, Airbus, Embraer) Wilco/Feelthere datasets, that all point to the same directory -> <FSX>\Feelthere.

I suspect they are all the same files, it doesn't matter which one I select. Correct?

There are 3 (737, Airbus, Embraer) Wilco/Feelthere datasets, that all point to the same directory -> <FSX>\Feelthere.

I suspect they are all the same files, it doesn't matter which one I select. Correct?

Disregard the question. I see now that whatever the user chooses, the application considers all 5 (and not 3) installed.

When installing, make sure that in the dialogbox you choose "Cycle V.13xx .. (Aerosoft Server)" and not "... (Local)".

Can't seem to do that without purchasing a new cycle.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can't seem to do that without purchasing a new cycle.

Well, if you only bought one cycle in the past, now only the new ones are available, so you have to purchase a new cycle. You also might contact the support directly to ask them to give you an old cycle fitting to your purchase.

Well, if you only bought one cycle in the past, now only the new ones are available, so you have to purchase a new cycle. You also might contact the support directly to ask them to give you an old cycle fitting to your purchase.

I only update every two to three months, I'll try asking support, its no big deal though, going to do an update soon, thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

After two months still no answer if NavDataPro will support the Q400. That's it for me, I don't see any reason to extend my NavData Pro subscription which is more expensive than Navigraph. Sorry, but your support is horrible.

Best regards,

Tim

After two months still no answer if NavDataPro will support the Q400.

The Q400 is already supported as described in the posts above. It's just one file copy. As far as I know Aerosoft is still negotiating with Majestic so it can be added as officially supported addon.

• 2 months later...

Any update on this?

Richard

The Q400 is already supported as described in the posts above. It's just one file copy. As far as I know Aerosoft is still negotiating with Majestic so it can be added as officially supported addon.

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

It's just a shame to see how Majestic/Navigraph are playing the blackmail game on the customer's back. There is NO, I repeat NO technical reason why NDP should not be able to provide the WILCO dataset to the Majestic Q400. It's obviously just a stupid game of Majestic/Navigraph to try to keep customers.

Thanks God the method of copying the WILCO data (as described above) works flawlessly for me from the beginning. Whatever the "team" Majestic/Navigraph's thoughts are about such behaviour it is far beyond the fairplay idea within competitors. Basta! There are no other words to describe this situation and I would strongly recommend the parties involved to quickly rethink their position!!

Oskar

There is NO, I repeat NO technical reason why NDP should not be able to provide the WILCO dataset to the Majestic Q400.

Exactly! In fact (due to the XML structure) it is very very easy to add a corresponding entry for the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 to NavDataPro. I did this right after the release of the Dash 8 and it worked absolutely flawless so far.

Greetings

Tim

Exactly! In fact (due to the XML structure) it is very very easy to add a corresponding entry for the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 to NavDataPro. I did this right after the release of the Dash 8 and it worked absolutely flawless so far.

Greetings

Tim

The technical asphect of adding it is indeed not the problem. The problem is that we do not have a contract with Majestic and as long as we don't have it we are not allowed to implement it.

The technical asphect of adding it is indeed not the problem.

Of course that's not the problem :)

It was just a small hint that, in the meantime, it does not require much work to add the entry by oneself. I mean, copying the files manually from one folder to another is just not very elegant.

Greetings

Tim

Of course that's not the problem :)

It was just a small hint that, in the meantime, it does not require much work to add the entry by oneself. I mean, copying the files manually from one folder to another is just not very elegant.

Greetings

Tim

Tim,

if you want to you could post the lines which a user has to enter in the files (just make sure not to post anything of our copyrighted material!) and tell where the users would have to enter it.

Make sure to note the user that this is a modification they do on their own and that they do it at their own risk!

if you want to you could post the lines which a user has to enter in the files (just make sure not to post anything of our copyrighted material!) and tell where the users would have to enter it.

Hi Emanuel,

thanks, I was not sure if Aerosoft would allow that.

I will be glad to post a short instruction tomorrow :)

Greetings

Tim

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 and NavDataPro

As promised here is my small instruction on how to add the entry for the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 to NavDataPro :)

First of all, as Emanuel already said, be aware that you are doing this at your own risk! No one can be held responsible if something goes wrong and you might damage your NavDataPro installation. Also Aerosoft will not supply support for any of these changes.

Ok, let's start: Locate your NavDataPro directory (usually 'C:\Aerosoft\NavDataPro\') and open the "bin" folder. Inside this folder you will find two xml-files: base_ini.xml and prop_ini.xml

Very important: Don't forget to make your backups before modifying these files!

Open the base_ini.xml with the Windows Editor. Below the "<products>" line you will find several entries for all kind of addons. Scroll down until you see the "</products>" line. Add the following lines just above the "</products>" line and below the last entry (with version 1.0.0.9 this is the entry for "Professional Flight Planner X Prepar3D"):

<!--Majestic-->
<name>Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400</name>
<dataset>Feelthere</dataset>
<product_path>$SimPath\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400</product_path>
<install_path>$ProductPath\nav</install_path>
<cycle_info_path>$ProductPath\nav</cycle_info_path>
<category>FSX</category>
Save and close the file.

Next step is to open the prop_ini.xml. Again locate the "</products>" line and add these lines just above the "</products>" line:

<name>Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400</name>
<update>true</update>
<dataset>Feelthere</dataset>
<product_path>$SimPath\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400</product_path>
<category>FSX</category>
Again save and close the file. That's all - you're done :)

Now the entry for the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 should appear like this in NavDataPro:

navdatapropfcm4.jpg

What is further noteworthy is that you will have to repeat this procedure with every new version of NavDataPro as the update usually overwrites the two xml-files with newer versions.

Greetings

Tim

• 1 month later...

Works a treat. Any chance of having this incorporated as update to save having to change the ini. files after each new AIRAC?

You only have to change the two xml files again after you have installed a new version of NavDataPro. A new AIRAC will not affect these files :)

Greetings

Tim

Archived