Navdata-Pro Cycle for Majestic Dash8-Q400?

Martin Müller

Has it even been announced as to whether the Q400 is going to be supported? I would guess so, given its nature as an addon. I would assume that it is going to be released with the current airac, possibly from the other provider. AE Andrew Entwistle

it´s released whit data from navigraph but lets se what format it´s gona use if it´s used to other planes it might be easy if it´s already used whit Navdata-Pro.. but i guess we have to wait and see how it´s gona look

Edit a note on face book from developer:

As far as I know there are issues when using Aerosoft database. We didn't investigate this yet, as our current agreement is with Navigraph.

I fully agree with you Martin, but on the other side I'll have to buy Navigraph if any major change in procedures here in Germany happens which will for sure be the case when Berlin Brandenburg airport is opened, so I really hope that, sooner or later, the Q400 will be supported by NavDataPro.

That's quite simple: Flying online I need to be able to fly the current procedures. As waypoints will be renamened and procedures in general will be changed in Berlin when Tegel is closed and the new airport is opened I will need to be able to comply with the new procedures and so I'll need a new navdata cycle when the new airport in Berlin is opened.

[...]As waypoints will be renamened and procedures in general will be changed in Berlin when Tegel is closed and the new airport is opened [...]

Before BBI opens, the Q400 is as old as "Tante Ju" is today. ;)

Back to topic: I'd also really appreciate if there would be a NavData Pro solution for the Q aswell, despite I have both Navigraph and Aerosoft cycles currently.

That's quite simple: Flying online I need to be able to fly the current procedures. As waypoints will be renamened and procedures in general will be changed in Berlin when Tegel is closed and the new airport is opened I will need to be able to comply with the new procedures and so I'll need a new navdata cycle when the new airport in Berlin is opened.

Hmm OK but you can install Navdata or Navigraph. Booth sources should be up-to-date.

I don't understand why you want to buy navigraph, if an navdata cycle is available and you still have navdata pro.

Hmm OK but you can install Navdata or Navigraph. Booth sources should be up-to-date.

I don't understand why you want to buy navigraph, if an navdata cycle is available and you still have navdata pro.

Navigraph has data that aerosoft doesn't have in their current offering.. for some unspecifed reason.. I am still waiting for a reply...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I imagine Navigraph let Majestic bundle the nav data in exchange for exclusive updates from them, at least for a limited time.

No, nothing special here. They simply deliver it with a dataset valid at the time of release. For all further updates you have to buy the cycles at Navigraph as usual.

No, nothing special here. They simply deliver it with a dataset valid at the time of release. For all further updates you have to buy the cycles at Navigraph as usual.

That's a disappointing situation for me. Some delevopers (as MJC) are supporting Navigraph, some others (e.g. Flightsimsoft with PFPX) seemed to support NavDataPro only, at first. If I have to renew my cycles in autumm, I don't want to decide between Navigraph and NavDataPro because of AddOn availability, but of product quality. I, as a customer, expect at least one official statement if there will be active support for the Dash by NavDataPro in near future or not - even a "we are talking to MJC at the moment" would be satisfying. But simply ignoring this easy kind of questions is not the way I expect a company to deal with customers. :boohoo_s: (The support at Navigraph in their forums is way better and they answer such questions in normally less than 24 hrs.) PS: Even if you can use Feelthere AIRACs as stated above, I'd rather have "official" support within the NavDataPro Software, that's why I bought it - no need to copy files.

So, I tested feelthere database with the majestic dash8 q400 and this database is better than navigraph!

In navigraph I have airway problem (no or wrrong waypoints on some airways) and other problem (no vnav ToD calculation on some waypoints).

This problem are not with navdata pro. Very good.

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 uses the Wilco/Feelthere 737 Navdata.

So I guess that simply install the Wilco navdata via Navdatapro and then copy the content into the Majestic navdata folder should do the trick.

Though I might be biased, I think the Navdatapro data is more up to date and comprehensive than Navigraph data.

EDIT...

I simply made a new folder in the FSX root folder and named it \feelthere\, then installed the Wilco/Feelthere 737 navdata via Navdatapro and then copied the two files found in \feelthere\ND\ into the \Nav\ folder of the majestic aircraft folder (Backup the old files first).

Finn

So maybe Navdata pro could add a automatic install function to place the feelthere navdata into the Majestic folder, so we don't have to do the manual copying ourself.

• 2 weeks later...

@Finn or others

Hi out there,

I discovered bad FMC programming problems with the majestic Dash and Navigraph database. Maybe somebody who uses the feel there data base of navdata pro is willing to try to programm the dash fmc with the following valid route (1305) from EDDN to EDDL. This route is an example there are more which causing problems.

EDDN SULUS L604 MASEK Z52 ARPEG Z850 ADEMI T854 DOMUX EDDL

Selecting Airway L604 from SULUS to MASEK gives me 16 pages of waypoints, but there are only 5 wpts. I did the FMC programming several times and did the same with a restarted computer, always the same error. And after MASEK I cannot choose airway Z52 cause it is not in the list, but anyway the complete FMC routing is totally wrong.

It is very interesting to know if the database is the problem or the dash itself.

Kind Regards Tom

*Shameless bump*

Is there any news on this? Just bought the Q400 and would love to use my navdatapro package(s) with this A/C.

Just try to copy the NavData Pro Feelthere AIRAC nd.mdb into FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav folder. Works fine for me.

@Finn or others

Hi out there,

I discovered bad FMC programming problems with the majestic Dash and Navigraph database. Maybe somebody who uses the feel there data base of navdata pro is willing to try to programm the dash fmc with the following valid route (1305) from EDDN to EDDL. This route is an example there are more which causing problems.

EDDN SULUS L604 MASEK Z52 ARPEG Z850 ADEMI T854 DOMUX EDDL

Selecting Airway L604 from SULUS to MASEK gives me 16 pages of waypoints, but there are only 5 wpts. I did the FMC programming several times and did the same with a restarted computer, always the same error. And after MASEK I cannot choose airway Z52 cause it is not in the list, but anyway the complete FMC routing is totally wrong.

It is very interesting to know if the database is the problem or the dash itself.

Kind Regards Tom

I got to MASEK alright without any fuss. But as you I didn't get any Z52 in the waypoint list. But by a little trial and error I found out that it was present, but not in the list, so I entered a few numbers above the list and I think Z52 was #8. So it is present, but not showing. I guess thats a bug that belongs to Majestic.

I am using the Navdata Pro dataset.

• 2 weeks later...

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 uses the Wilco/Feelthere 737 Navdata.

So I guess that simply install the Wilco navdata via Navdatapro and then copy the content into the Majestic navdata folder should do the trick.

Though I might be biased, I think the Navdatapro data is more up to date and comprehensive than Navigraph data.

EDIT...

I simply made a new folder in the FSX root folder and named it \feelthere\, then installed the Wilco/Feelthere 737 navdata via Navdatapro and then copied the two files found in \feelthere\ND\ into the \Nav\ folder of the majestic aircraft folder (Backup the old files first).

Finn

Im trying to use the feelthere 737/777 data, i don't own any of these products, i did what you said (created a feelthere folder in the fsx root directory) then through the navdat UI i select that folder as the path, press the install the just get an error saying File not found Feelthere.zip, what am i doing wrong ?

Archived