Urowings 2004 Airbus nav

mjrhealth

I have being having problems with the autopilot and Nav system. Being flying from LFPN to LFPG. Niece to de gaul. I noticed that the GPSand ARC have abt an8 or 9 degree discrepincy. I am not sure what the green diamond is below the heading triange but it is usually 9 degrees to the left and occasionaly it wil jump to the heading bug.When this happens the speed suddenly increases but a huge amt 250 ias to 350 and the plane may slew wildly for a tic. This may happen after abt 20 minutes flying Did first ILS landin in APP mode and seemed to work ok. Any ideas.

Forgot ver 3.4

Hello mjrhealth,

Can you post a screenshot of the problem please, it may help to see whats going on.

But what I suspect is that you are seeing is the difference between course flown and heading due to to wind.

If you are using real weather does the plane move when the weather is updated as this happens every 15 mins in FS9 this may explain why the plane moves the way it does every so often..

Also is what your seeing the difference between the course of the aircraft to the next waypoint and the heading the aircraft is actually flying. When flying in wind the aircraft needs to fly at a different heading to what the course is so it can compensate for the wind and arrive at the correct point, if the wind is strong this is very noticeable. If you look from a top down view you will notice this by the aircraft nose pointing in a different direction than what the aircraft is actually flying. Remember the course and heading can be different due to wind etc.

If you've ever seen a pilot do a crosswind landing on TV you'll notice that he lands with the nose pointing a different direction than that of the runway. This is the same thing but more dramatic.

You may be right. Wont be home for a while to check. I will do a flight with no weather and see. I did notice the other day when flying into cairns during a storm that the ATR would suddenly veer a little but i happened to notice that the wind direction was suddenly changing occasionaly. I also fly with static weather its not updated from the web. Thanks for the response. But what is the green diamond for is it the real heading bug??