FO Problem (Checklist Section Problem)

Alpaslan

Hi everyone. Lady Fo pilot on Airbus X extended sometimes gets offended to me without a reason and she stops working with me. Checklist section goes off and she isnt working anymore. :)

Anyone can help me how not to offend her :)

Hello Alpaslan,

The cockpit is a small area, is there a danger you may have accidentally touched her inappropriately and she has taken offense?? :argue_s:

Seriously though, if you are having a problem much more detail is needed such as exactly what stage of what checklist does she stop, what are you doing just prior to the cessation of her, do you have all the updates installed etc.....

Kind regards

Dave W

Alpaslan

That's happened to me too. It may be because of my very dodgy approach into Oslo airport, she may have been barfing into a bag, or because there seemed to be a mess up of the sequence of events on finals. The captain called for gear down but the FO didn't actually perform the action. At that point I noticed that there was no more voice from the FO, apart from when I manually selected the gear and she said Gear Down. It's only happened to me on finals and I wonder if it's something to do with the fact I reset the minimums altitude after the descent CL.

Andrew

Obviously there is a problem with the virtual FO. Even I have all the hotfixes about the system, I sometimes having these kind of bugs with the software. I request from the moderators of the forum that they will forward these problems to the software department of the airbus x extended to solve these bugs.

It would help if you provided screenshots to help work out what the issue is.

for example, if the copilot is not responding, make sure that the copilot option has not turned off. check this via the options / checklist screen.Screenshot showing that the copilot is still on but not responding.Not sure what you mean when you say the checklist goes off.

If you are not using it, activate the info bar. This will help determine that there is not some procedure that the copilot is waiting for you to respond to her with such as checking memo is all green. perhaps she is not talking to you because you stopped talking to her.

Let the guys in support know what was being run at the time of the issue. With what I read above I would say there is very little information for the support guys to have a chance in working out where the issue is.

Also press number 3 which should turn off the first officer checklist... then press 3 to turn it back on. With other addons also sometimes using the number 3 in their procedures you may have turned off the airbus copilot when you pressed 3.

And again......If you have issues make sure the info bar is enabled because it helps you remember that you have a function to do.

If you have not already done so, reboot your computer,

Roy

How do you get a female FO? Mine is a heavily accented english speaking male.

That's you actually.

The man is the captain, aka you.

The woman is the F/O.

It would help if you provided screenshots to help work out what the issue is.

for example, if the copilot is not responding, make sure that the copilot option has not turned off. check this via the options / checklist screen.Screenshot showing that the copilot is still on but not responding.Not sure what you mean when you say the checklist goes off.

If you are not using it, activate the info bar. This will help determine that there is not some procedure that the copilot is waiting for you to respond to her with such as checking memo is all green. perhaps she is not talking to you because you stopped talking to her.

Let the guys in support know what was being run at the time of the issue. With what I read above I would say there is very little information for the support guys to have a chance in working out where the issue is.

Also press number 3 which should turn off the first officer checklist... then press 3 to turn it back on. With other addons also sometimes using the number 3 in their procedures you may have turned off the airbus copilot when you pressed 3.

And again......If you have issues make sure the info bar is enabled because it helps you remember that you have a function to do.

If you have not already done so, reboot your computer,

Roy

Thanx for answering sir, gonna try the sections what you have mentioned. My problem occurs with fo like, she goes offline, not any green part in checklist, even I tried to make off / on of the checklist button, it wont start again working.

Any serious answer from the administrators? :)

This one got missed probably because it is not posted in the correct forum. I'll move it over now.

When you go to the right MCDU, you take the option for Checklist. When that screen comes on you press the top left button and the pilot checklist shows ON in green.

You then press the top right button and this changes the copilot checklist ON in green.

The current checklist to be performed will be in orange below that.

If the checklist stops working, this is the first place to look to make sure you have not accidently turned the copilot checklist off.

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Alpaslan,

looking through all the mails and your explanation that the F/O (PnF) sometimes stops doing anything (and no repeated calls to do anything) is a clear indication to me that the copilot functionality is switched off accidentily. Hereby I assume that the checklist functionality itself is still working.......

The copilot functionality can be switched off using "2" from the keyboard (please see chapter 4.6.3 of the StepbyStep guide). You maybe used "2" for any other functionality of a running addon. To avoid this conflict please set this functionality (starting checklist- and copilot functionlity from the keyboard) = HOTKEY to OFF (same chapter but on the next page of the guide)......

Regards,

Hanse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because I did not get any response I think the problem has been solved. So I will close this topic.

Hanse

Archived