IK have a big problem. After 5-20 minutes in the air my FSX freezing. FSX says " Microsoft Flight simulator X not answer". After a stop in abouth 10 minutes the FSX going again. I have try many helps on the internet forum but any not help me. Any on this forum who can help me?

I have have a good computer with Intel i7 processor . My Op is Windows 7.

Kjell

A common cause is a partial incompatibility between the UIAutomationcore.dll of W7 and FSX.

You can search for "UIAutomationcore.dll" here in the Aerosoft forums or head for that FSX hardware and software guide over there at AVSIM.com, for example.

The additional UIAutomationcore.dll you need for FSX (to be placed in the root folder of FSX) would be the dll-version for Vista(!), 32 bit(!).

As stated by Matt we'll need more details (other than those 2 bits missing from your OS ;-) ):

- Does it happen in every scenery/around every airport?

- ... with every aircraft?

- Addons, you use (weather addons, in particular, may cause freezes on occasions)

- tweaks you apply

- basically everything you can state as far as sim environment and that particular situation are concerned

Guest Geir Haukland

I have tested UIAutomationcore.dll" but my problem is left. I have Windows 7 62 bits. FSX freezing all flights.

Kjell

As MATT said, we need more info that causes this to happend. There has to be more info in the event log, tell us what module causes this and in most cases it is a dll file missing or corrupted..

As MATT said, we need more info that causes this to happend. There has to be more info in the event log, tell us what module causes this and in most cases it is a dll file missing or corrupted..

Hallo.

I have FSX Gold edition with many addons, ex REX, FS Global 2008, 10 Aerosoft airports + more aircraft addons, ex PMDG 737 NGX. I try fly with deafult aircraft but the problem is same.

FSX was tweaking on venetubo.com.

I have UIAutomationcore.dll in my FSX-folder on my harddrive, not in my FSX-folder in AppDAta/Roaming/Microsoft/ FSX. IT is ok?

Here is my computer: Intel Core i7-3770 processor, Gainward Geforce GTX 670 2GB, ASUS P8X77-V LX Socket-1155, disk 1000 GB plus SSD-disk 130 MB.

Kjell

The UIAuto... is placed where the FSX.exe is located. That's o.k.

As a first try, you could shift your FSX.cfg to some backup folder (just to have it removed from its default place).

Start FSX to build a new *.cfg and try out that one. (You'll have to put the HIGHMEMFIX=1 back into the *.cfg when you've shut down FSX again, but that should not affect the freezing issue at all.)

Please report back, whether a fresh fsx.cfg might have cured your problem already.

Yesterday I did so. I build a new cfg-file but the most of my aircraft removed so I put the old cfg-file back again. Why removed many of my aircraft?

Kjell

You need to add an entry to the graphics section of the fsx.cfg (every time FSX has built a new one):

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Start FSX after having inserted it.

On FSX start, and when loading an aircraft, you have to acknowledge all those addon dll's which FSX is loading with it.

Hallo.

I try this now. Now this windows pop up: "To acces new features, we recommendet that you accept the new deafult key mappings. Otherwise, you will not be able to acces the new features untill you assign keys to them. Would you like Flight simulator set the new key mappiungs now? YES or NO?"

Wat i do now?

Haven't seen this before. Doesn't look good.

Delete that brand new *.cfg and have a fresh one built.

Be careful to insert the extra line. Don't delete anything in the default *.cfg.

Enter a new line first in the graphics section (below the headline reading [graphics]).

After that enter the string HIGHMEMFIX=1 there.

Check that it's spelled exactly as here in my post.

Save the *.cfg to the same folder where you opened it.

I have try a flight now and now FSX not freesing. But, I have no AI-aircraft and REX is no aktivated. Many aircraft are too left. I have my favorite PMDG 737 but anly in PMDGs colours. Not SAS and other company.

Are you Running FSX off the SSD? Does it happen every time? Does FSX shutdown or continue after the freeze, I didn't fully understand your post. The SSD might be performing a TRIM, which can cause this freeze. FSX then continues as normal after the TRIM had completed. A Andrew Entwistle

AI: they have an entry in the *cfg, as well. See your AI addon installer or configurator.

REX: Not sure. Could be the same as with the AI.

737: Liveries, as far as I remeber, should not be affected. You can reinstall them, though.

One idea, in general, is to copy the missing entries from the *.cfg which you backed up, into the current one.

Archived