I have a big problem with my system!! I bought a new cooler for my CPU so I can OC higher @ 4.5GHZ! I tested the system with all programs (PRIME95, Intel burn test, FureMark) and I have a good stable PC but my frames are now 17FPS with stock airplanes at stock airports, I don't understand what is the problem. Before my cooler upgrade, CPU was at 4.2GHZ and I was getting 25FPS everywhere with any addon including PMDG 737...!!!! I have formated the HDD 3 times, the same problem, I have reverted to the settings I was before the upgrade and still 17FPS, I have deleted my FSX.cfg and build and tweak a new one and still no change. My temps are 15C lower on my system than before so no overheating problems (CPU in full load 55C, GPU in full load 60C, motherboard 26C, HDD 29C)

I reverted to default settings in bios and the FPS still 17 so no improvements with OC, wtf !!!???? I have searched my motherboard for missing jumper's, I have clear CMOS, search my HDD for errors, updated all my drivers.........!!!!!!!!!

I think i'm getting gray hair with this problem, I'm very frustrated............... And now the candy on the cake, even my FS2004 is getting 20fps with stock planes and stock airports.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! :eyepop_s::mecry_s:

No FPS limiter. I'm now using FSX + SP1 + SP2 with FSX.cfg tweaked thats all, stock FSX and getting 17FPS.. When I was getting good FPS I was using FSX + SP1 +SP2 + GEX Europe + GEX USA + GEX Canada and Alaska + PMDG 737,747,MD11 + AXE + FEX + ASEvo + Payware airports + REX and I was getting 25FPS limited in FSX, no stutters, perfect simming. I now have a very high fluctuating FPS from 17 to 300FPS if I'm standing on KLAX stock airport!

So the problem is not FSX as you see in my first post, because I have bad fps with FS2004 as well, only 20FPS!!! Something is wrong with my PC and I don't know what, or something is about to break, motherboard or GPU..!!

Can this be related to NET Framework 3.0 or 3.5, I only have installed 4.0 and 4.5. I know that win7 has 3.5 installed but just asking!? Is another program for windows that could affect Flight Sim that I'm not aware of, or win7 miss to install some vital software???

I had oc and there was no difference. I have a gaming computer and my FSX runs like crap! So much lag and everything takes long to load. I oc to 4.5ghz. Many people on youtube have computers that arent that good and their FSX is a lot better then mine! Im really over FSX.

I understand you and I know FSX is old and bad coded, but my problem is that a week ago I was playing FSX like a dream, no stutters no lag, smooth as butter with high end addons and now is just like I have a low end PC, altow nothing was changed in it beside a f...ing cooler!!!! That's why i'm very frustrated and I can no longer play FSX, I need a way to sort this thinks out!!!

I understand you and I know FSX is old and bad coded, but my problem is that a week ago I was playing FSX like a dream, no stutters no lag, smooth as butter with high end addons and now is just like I have a low end PC, altow nothing was changed in it beside a f...ing cooler!!!! That's why i'm very frustrated and I can no longer play FSX, I need a way to sort this thinks out!!!

When my computer kept stuffing up i dont play FSX anymore. I have a good computer and i always experience lag etc. i wish i never had lag and run smooth.

Hi

It is frustrating indeed. I had a similar situation with a very healthy and performing pc, and suddenly very strange things happening, one of wich what you are reporting. After long searches and trials, it turned out that there was a defect in memory. Memory issues can lead to very strange behavior. I dont know it this helps but best of luck with this issue.

Jead

Hi

It is frustrating indeed. I had a similar situation with a very healthy and performing pc, and suddenly very strange things happening, one of wich what you are reporting. After long searches and trials, it turned out that there was a defect in memory. Memory issues can lead to very strange behavior. I dont know it this helps but best of luck with this issue.

Jead

I took my computer to the computer store and they said its fine. Which i personally belive its not. I quit FSX due to all the problems im having.

Hi

Jead

Thank you!! I will try with one stick at a time to see if this is the problem, but if I remove memory wouldn't result in performance loss?

nope ram only store data so next time you open that particular program its faster.

I have i5 2500k OC 4.3ghz 8gb ram 30+fps :D

Try taking out the ram and put them 1 each time

I have 4gb x 2. So i put 1 ram first and boot up see how it goes. And after that take out the current one and put another one in. Repeat the steps until you find the faulty one

Actually more ram = as good as having a SSD :D

nope ram only store data so next time you open that particular program its faster.

I have i5 2500k OC 4.3ghz 8gb ram 30+fps :D

Try taking out the ram and put them 1 each time

I have 4gb x 2. So i put 1 ram first and boot up see how it goes. And after that take out the current one and put another one in. Repeat the steps until you find the faulty one

Actually more ram = as good as having a SSD :D

Thank you!!! O man, I am now praying to have a fault ram, can you imagine :cheer up_s: ?? I hope that this is the problem so I can eliminate it! I will do this as soon as I get home! I have 2gb+2gb and 4gb+4gb

I understand your frustration. Therefore next time you will remember the still valid slogan from the good old PC ages: Never change a running system...

I know man! But I never intended to change anything, just a cooler to keep the temp as low as possible. Who knows maybe the ram was faulty before and now as I move it to get the cooler installed it died.

I will come back with my report about the RAM.

My system was working well and nice and smooth and I had to reinstall the airbus x extended . When I went into Prepar3d for my next flight after the reinstall I was dismayed to find that I had very poor frame rates and my flight sim was like a slide show.

I thought how come..... I had done no changes to the flight sim itself.

The solution in my case was to simply reboot my computer , went back into the sim and all was back to normal again.

I also use ultimate defrag and have set it so that my flight sim files / addons are all placed on the outer edge of the disk...makes a huge difference in my case. Perhaps your system is in need of a defrag.

Roy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are fantastic, I have a F***Ing Ram stick fault!!!!!!!!!!! My sim is now running 25FPS smooth again!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I've never been so happy that I lost 4gb of ram, in fact I'm so happy that I broke in half that module of RAM!!!!!!!!!! I have mised FSX for a full week!!

Jead and IAmNice3fy you guys are THE BEST,THE BEST,THE BEST,THE BEST!! I would never, ever would imagine that stick of RAM could cause such a problem!!!!!!
I now have only 8GB of RAM until my next salary...........

• Deputy Sheriffs

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are fantastic, I have a F***Ing Ram stick fault!!!!!!!!!!! My sim is now running 25FPS smooth again!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I've never been so happy that I lost 4gb of ram, in fact I'm so happy that I broke in half that module of RAM!!!!!!!!!! I have mised FSX for a full week!!

Jead and IAmNice3fy you guys are THE BEST,THE BEST,THE BEST,THE BEST!! I would never, ever would imagine that stick of RAM could cause such a problem!!!!!!
I now have only 8GB of RAM until my next salary...........

I think your problem lies in the combination of different RAM modules with different/not fitting specifications. One of the most common errors when trying to get a "cheap" solution. ;)

And your combination 2GB+2GB+4GB+4GB is anything else then usual or recommended.

I have 16gb of ram, windows 7, GTX580 grapchis card,i7 2600K 3.40ghz. My computer runs FSX like crap! So much lag and doesnt run smooth at all. Its been 1month i quit FSX due to this lag. Yesterday i took my PC to computer store and they're checking it out. I hope there is a solution to fix my FSX. Thanks

Anthony99

Your solution is in OC your CPU, you can run 4GHZ easy with stock coler and default Vcore. Mine was running 4.2GHZ with stock cooler and offset of -0.050V. Try a simple O.C and you will be surprise, and I'm sure you have to lower your Vcore for just 4.2GHZ, just like me!!! You have a fully unlock processor!!

mopperle

I know many people throw in any ram modules that they can get, but not me, I have read the motherboard manual and I bought only supported memory brands, it's just that I was unlucky to find one with problems.

Anthony99

Your solution is in OC your CPU, you can run 4GHZ easy with stock coler and default Vcore. Mine was running 4.2GHZ with stock cooler and offset of -0.050V. Try a simple O.C and you will be surprise, and I'm sure you have to lower your Vcore for just 4.2GHZ, just like me!!! You have a fully unlock processor!!

mopperle

I know many people throw in any ram modules that they can get, but not me, I have read the motherboard manual and I bought only supported memory brands, it's just that I was unlucky to find one with problems.

hello

At store they said it should smash FSX at 3.40. Maybe i did my over clocking wrong. i think i did it wrong im not sure. thanks

When over clocking it seems best to populate only 2 of the 4 ram banks with modules when using boards with dual channel DDR3 chipsets. Given that the memory controllers are on the core of the i7s, it can cause issues. I recently dropped back from 16Gb DDR3-1600 (4X4) at 1.65V to 8Gb DDR3-2133 (2x4) rated at 1.5V. The result was a far more stable overclock at 4.8GHz on the 2700K. I run HD resolution and can easily keep 20+ at mostly high settings (within reason of course) over such territories as OrbX in an NGX or MD11X. The important thing is to match the components of your system. Don't overload any one single item. A Andrew Entwistle

Archived