I'm on P3D at last!!!!

jcomm

Well,

afer a year rumbling across simulators, I ended up with the perfect choice - for me... DCS World for flying to the limits and beyond of the flight envelope, and P3D for leisure GA, gliding, or even airline-type flying around the World.

I know some are successfully using CumulusX! with P3D. I welcome any comments / reports / suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello jcomm, and sorry for the late reply. I too went for P3D but found my G940 Flight System has a bit of a problem with it. My solution at the time was to just keep flying FSX and fly P3D occasionally. But since that time I cannot even remember the last time I've flown in either, sad to say on my part. So at the moment, I cannot give you much as far as suggestions, I should probably even see if there have been any updates to P3D.

Scott

Hi Scott,

sorry to know about your joystick problems :-(

I hadn't had any probloems with my Saitek x56 pro + saitek rudder + saitek cyborg X

Prepar3d'd controller configuration menu is tricky! You should take care to disabel some axis that are automatically assigned sometimes :-/

Hope your sort it out, because Prepar3d is a much more stable platform, at least for me, than FSX Gold was ....

I will sooner or latter install CumulusX! too and the Aerosoft DiscusX! ;-)

Well,

CumulusX! version 1.9 works OK with LM Prepar3d.

We just have to disable the AI aircraft labels because otherwise the program-generated clouds will have fancy labels and the sky will be populated by them :-)

Ah! Also no birds in LM Prepar3d. I believe the stock FSX birds weren't imported to P3D...

Yes, those fancy labels on the clouds is a dead give away, also not so pleasing to the eye (virtual senses), but I can live with that for now. I guess I should try to fly without aircraft labels sometime and see if I can get a feel for it. I've always flown with aircraft labels ON so that I can locate, identify the aircraft, and see if it's rising or falling. But, maybe I should just give in and turn it off to keep things authentic or real.

The comment about the stock birds may be of importance to others, so thanks for sharing your findings, because I hadn't heard of that problem yet. But I think there was some talk in the past about importing one of the native birds of the area flown (not sure if that was ever set in concrete).

Scott

Cumulusx! is a great add-on Peter, please consider making it compatible with P3D... even if we have to loose those birds :-)

Archived