Seahawk to speed

markopete

From the London flight tutorial for the Seahawk"

"Increase forward speed to 55 knots by rotating the

LONG VEL knob (with the upgrade to version 1.02 it

will be possible to increase this to 115 knots), see

the image for the correct setting at this point."

I cant get a top speed of abpout 60knts??

All patches up to 1.15 applied

Cheers

Pete

Shaun, Actually I decided to uninstall and reinstall the whole package and updates, (including the clearwindsceen modification) and I still cant get over 60 knts at seal level.

BTW could u please check my other response "Seahawk sitting on the water under the Boxer"

Thanks

Pete :)

Shaun, Actually I decided to uninstall and reinstall the whole package and updates, (including the clearwindsceen modification) and I still cant get over 60 knts at seal level.

BTW could u please check my other response "Seahawk sitting on the water under the Boxer"

Thanks

Pete :)

Hi Shaun,

Ok loaded the KSEA default flight and aircraft, Then loaded the Seahawk and 63 knts is the max speed?

Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall in the order u have suggested?

One other problem I have is the Seahawk will not follow any of my FS2004 flightplans, it just continues to follow the heading it is already on and wont turn towards the first waypoint, Even on the london tutorial flight all was fine until the 3rd last waypoint and instead of turning towards it it just kept going?

I take the Seahawk to altitude, flight plan is loaded and showing Nav details, I then engage: APPR HVR / DEPART / BAR ALT and auto NAV as per tutorial.

Something very starnge going on??

These are the only files you need to install.

Seahawk - Navy amphibious support AO_HAWK_111.zip (first)

Seahawk - Navy amphibious support AO_HAWK_LHD4_HONOLULU.zip (second)

Seahawk - Navy amphibious support AO_HAWK_115_UPD.zip (third)

Seahawk - Navy amphibious support AO_HAWK_CLEAR_WINDOW_PATCH.zip (Optional)

I take it its ok to install the other country files for the boxer, I already have them all. I did notice some of cfg files for those were dated so I always left the newer copy installed.

Thanks for all your help so far :)

Cheers

Pete

Hello Pete,

Lets start afresh un-install the Seahawk then try re-installing just the large V1.11 file and no others, then start the default flight at KSEA. Change to the Seahawk, make sure that its running as per the startup sequence and then go for a flight.

Hi Shaun,

I feel a little embarrased, it seems to be ok now??, I can get about 115 - 117 knts out of it today? The only thing I have done is shut the computer down and cold reboot from yesterday.

Anyway Im very happy with it now :) This only leaves me with one other issue:

One other problem I have is the Seahawk will not follow any of my FS2004 flightplans, it just continues to follow the heading it is already on and wont turn towards the first waypoint, Even on the london tutorial flight all was fine until the 3rd last waypoint and instead of turning towards it it just kept going?

I take the Seahawk to altitude, flight plan is loaded and showing Nav details, I then engage: APPR HVR / DEPART / BAR ALT and auto NAV as per tutorial.

Cheers

Pete

Hello Pete,

I dont understand why it wont follow the complete plan to EGLC, I tried and it worked, if it follows the first ones then one can assume that is indeed following something.

Can you try making a differnet flight plan using the internal flight planner and see if it follows the route completely.

Yes I have tried that and its the same, from what I understand it should follow any FS2004 flight plan, is that correct, maybe Im not setting the navaid frequencies correctly?

Cheers

Pete

Hello Pete,

I did'nt set the nav frequencies just used AutoNav to follow the flight plan. Make up a short flight somewhere else using the flight planner and see if it follows it. Dont use any nav points from the default flights from the Seahawk.

Hi again Shaun, I have tried another flight plan and still no change, it has me baffled, it does look as though Im doing something incorrectly, but I dont know what it is??? Flight plan shows in the display no problem, when I select autonav, it just wont follow it?

Cheers

Pete

• 5 years later...

I know this is an ancient post, but I bet I know the answer, for those currently looking. AutoNAV wont work if you have forgotten to use the NAV button lower left on the PFD display bezel and scrolled its setting to TNAV. I had this same problem and that was the cause.