Freight Dogs Scenery AFCADs

CapHavoc

Howdy,

Just downloaded "Freight Dogs The Scenery" this afternoon; and, in my infinite wisdom, noticed that the three scenery files contained AFCAD files. Being the smart littl' cookie I is, I promptly moved them to a dedicated AFCAD folder I have set up outside FS. (I did leave the ones placed by the installer into Scenery/World/Scenery where they were, that much I do know :lol: ).

Will this move mess things up right royally? Or should I place them back where they belong? (And, if so, could someone please provide me with which AFCAD goes into what scenery folder?)

TIA.

Regards,

Dorian

PS> What little of Freight Dogs I've seen looks greeeeeat! Thanks, guys.

Hello Dorian,

I'm under the impression as long as your scenery library can read the folder your afcads are in it should use them.

However the correct location is your :Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftFreight Dogs The SceneryFreightDogs airportsscenery folder for the afcads..

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, as far as I know they need to be in the FS9 Scenery/World/scenery folder. Holger put them there in the initial release of the terrain for the scenery. Apparently the scenery engine needs them to be there in order to read altitudes correctly for them before drawing the terrain. If you look closely, you'll see that there are duplicates of those three AFCAD files elsewhere in the Freight Dogs files structure. As long as they're identical, it's not a problem to have two. I'd recommend against putting them in a different folder, however.

thanks,