Issues

Arkangel

Hi Guys

Just purchased holiday destinations and have the following issues:

CTD when loading Monastir( loads to 57% then ctd ,Faro and Kos load OK)

Afcad files for airports not loaded ( checked for duplicate afcads only stock afcads found)

Have reinstalled 4 times to no avail. Your help would be appreciated.

Ark

Hello Ark,

Can you try dis-abling all other 3rd party scenery except Monastir and see if it loads without crashing.

As for the afcads can you check for the files below in your FS9 setup.

:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9aerosoftLTU2005_DTMBsceneryLTU2004_DTMB.bgl

:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon ScenerysceneryLTU2004_LGKO.bgl

If you are missing the LFPR Afcad it can be downloaded from http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/~images/FARO/LTU2004_LPFR.bgl

Hi SAF

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the AFCADS. I have found the afcad for DTMB but can't check because of CTD. The others are missing.If you could provide a link for Kos that would be appreciated.

I will report back ref Monastir.

Ark

Hello Ark,

I have attached a file with the LGKO afcad. If you get a download.php file just rename the extension to zip and it should unzip fine.

As for the crash I've not heard of it happening at Monastir before, there was an instance in the German forums but I do believe it was to do with another scenery.

Do you have any third party roads or textures installed for Europe.

You may also want to try on the off chance re-installing the original

gps_export.DLL and gps.DLL which can be found on Disc 2 in the MSGAME3.CAB file.

Just double click on this file if you have Winzip installed find the files and just drag the files to your FS9 modules folder and allow them to overwrite.

There should be no need to re-install FS9 to get these files back in.

Another could be to remove your fs9.cfg file to safe location and restart FS9 and let it write a new one.

Hi SAF

Thanks for your reply.

I have been at it on and off all day and come up with the following:

I have got Monastir to load from 17.30pm to 5.45am all other times scenery crashes out. So its all right with night textures. I do have Rudd fabers FScene textures for Europe but as the scenery loads at night I doubt if it is down to them. I have replaced the 2 dll files as you suggested without success. As this is the only scenery that ctd is it possible that there could be a corrupted file from the installer?

If you could be of further help Iwould appreciate it.

Ark

Hello Ark,

Have you tried without Ruuds textures as there is an issue with another scenery regarding 3rd party textures and flights crashing during the day, but the developers are not mentioned.

Q: Scenery Germany 3 crashes at daytime, but not during night flights

A: Scenery Germany 3 is not the source of this problem. It is caused by replacement texture sets. Often these sets contain damaged textures which are not used by the default scenery. But Scenery Germany 3 uses those textures and if they are damaged a crash to desktop (CTD) appears.

There is no sollution for this problem known yet. But you won't have those crashes anymore after uninstalling all replacement textures.

Can you try replacing the default textures and see what happens as they should have been backed up in a folder.

Hi SAF

Thanks for your reply.

Following your last reply , replacing Rudds FScene textures has solved the problem at Monastir. I must thank you for your help with this matter. Excellent service as always. Looking forward to buying future products from Aerosoft.

Ark

• Aerosoft
Hi SAF

Thanks for your reply.

Following your last reply , replacing Rudds FScene textures has solved the problem at Monastir. I must thank you for your help with this matter. Excellent service as always. Looking forward to buying future products from Aerosoft.

Ark

Next time I see Ruud I will discuss this with him, we have seen this issue before.

Hi Mathjiskok

Thanks for the reply.

That will be great. Now I know what caused the problem its just a case of switching textures when I use Monastir. What I do not understand though is , I have other payware scenery of Europe as I do of other parts of the world and have not a CTD when loading. What makes Monastir different to other scenery from other developers?

Ark

Hi Mathjiskok

Thanks for the reply.

That will be great. Now I know what caused the problem its just a case of switching textures when I use Monastir. What I do not understand though is , I have other payware scenery of Europe as I do of other parts of the world and have not a CTD when loading. What makes Monastir different to other scenery from other developers?

Ark