A-10 Update

Jarm

First, I want to say that the Aerosoft A-10 is a very good sim and I thoroughly enjoy flying it with virtual United States Airforce. Now, my question is: Are there any plans to update the orginal aircraft to allow more switches and gauges to work in the cockpit? It's too bad the beautifully rendered A-10 cockpit does not allow more controls manipulation by pilots as do several other high quality products on the market.

Bottom right panel: Engine Instrument switch, Flight Instrument switch, Cabin Air Conditioning controls, Flare jettison toggle switch, UPPER RIGHT PANEL: Canopy open/close switch, ECM switch (and simulate HUD), Inverter switch (currently frozen in STBY position), MAIN PANEL: EXT Stores Jett (and actually have the weapons, ext tank, etc, fall from aircraft), weapons stations buttons, fire exting dischg (simulate engine fire) ....just to name a few. It would just be nice to have more realism in the panel array. PMDG, Level-D, and Captain Sim products have the lead in workable panels. Today's technology makes this possible.

Again, the Aerosoft-10 is a very nice sim, but more makes it even better. An update patch would be worth $12 - $15 U.S. Dollars to see these kinds of improvements to the A-10. Such improvements would then place the Aerosoft model in the same league with Captain Sims C-130 Herc (perhaps).

Hello Jarm,

The Seahawk had been built already to the limits, to add switches that dont really do anything takes up resources, also cost to develope. If they dont actually do anything then why add a switch that just moves.

You can only add so much to an aircraft without it hogging down a system and the Seahawk has reached that limit. Be lovley to have every animation on an aircraft but computers and limits dont allow this.

If you also want to compare Capt Sim C-130 to the A-10 Seahawk etc, then you only need look at the time it took to develope the C-130 and we would'nt be putting out much business if we took that much time with all products.

Shaun,

I believe you missed the point. I'm speaking of the A-10 Thunderbolt (I'm not familiar with the SeaHawk). Also, you've got to be kidding about the switches. Come on. The Captain Sim C130, Level-D's 767, just to mention two, are blessed with many workable switches, guages, buttons, not to mention the FMC and I could go on. The Aerosoft A-10 Thunderbolt has a small panal array compared to the C130 and B767-300, yet the percentages of working guages, electronic equip, with accompanying switches, buttons, etc. is miniscule. And yes, technology makes it very possible for much more to be "workable" within the Aerosoft A-10 Thunderbolt. Again, the C130 and B757s proves it can be done. It's just a matter of whether the creator's of the A-10 Thunderbolt see monetary benefit to develop an upgrade to the originial product release.

Cheers,

Jarm

Hello Jarm,

Your right, I do apologise, what did I mention the Seahawk for!! :oops:

As for the A-10 I dont think that a future upgrade would be on the cards as I do believe that its hard for the developement department to contact the person who did the aircraft..