MCDU2 written confused

Giap

Happens with the most latest version 1.04 with all hotfixes installed...

I think the problem is in "MOVE SIDESTICK FULL LEFT" which continues to flash even though it has been done...

Hi guys,

I've found this mostly happens if you move to quickly. I'm not saying bring it to a standstill, but try slowing down in your actions, specifically the flight control checks. A good thing is this doesn't stop the checklist function from working. When this does happen though, if you aren't yet familiar with the checklists/have them basically memorized, use the Step by Step checklists as your guide in performing the correct action.

Hi guys,

I've found this mostly happens if you move to quickly. I'm not saying bring it to a standstill, but try slowing down in your actions, specifically the flight control checks. A good thing is this doesn't stop the checklist function from working. When this does happen though, if you aren't yet familiar with the checklists/have them basically memorized, use the Step by Step checklists as your guide in performing the correct action.

Thanks for the suggestion... usually when I do it I try to compete to beat my record with the fastest time of flight controls check :D

Anyway it doesn't bug me because I don't even use the right MCDU a lot of the time :P

Thank you my friends for your answers.

My version is 1.04

No one hotfixes installed.

This problem happens even if I move normally, not quickly. This screenshot is taken before parking checklist. Is it possible some my mistakes due to my low experience, about the checklists.

:confused_s: But can cause it an error in the script of MCDU?!?

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Giap,

you are writing that this happens before the "Parking Checklist". Looking at the "message" I can read something with "engines" i. e. to me that it might be already a part of the "Parking Checklist" because the "engines" are already a part of this checklist.

To Identify the problem I would like you to use the infobar option because this means the message is allways displayed at the top of your screen - so it is always in sight and you see what happens.

After Landing there are only four messages:

1. LEAVE RUNWAY
  2. SET PARKBRAKE TO ON
  3. ENGINE 1 AND 2 OFF
  4. CHECKLIST RESTART IN .......

So please try another flight and follow exactly the procedure as described in Vol6 StepbyStep Guide 5.23 and 5.24 and then report back what excatly happens on the Infobar respectively at which step which of the above messages does not disappear and is overwritten by the next one. I only can imagine that you did not follow the sequence of procedures or forgot one.......

Regards,

Hanse

Thank you for your answer, Hanse.

I 'll make another flight and I 'll post the results to better understand the source of the problem (if any).

However, I can not tell you what signals the infobar because it does not appears to me as you can see from the screen (from 1.04 version, yes in the previous). The only one indication about the checklist/action appear to me only by green indication of the 'MCDU2.

The beep is heard (beginning checklist), but no indication in the infobar. I press "1" and the checklist begins .

This screen below is taken after:

1)Both batteries ON

2) Ext PWR ON

3) activation checklist in the MCDU2

Thank you

8569474935_ab11af1fcf_b.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gipa,

to see the INFOBAR you need to set the option to ON (MENU OPTIONS / CHECKLIST) please see the attached screenshot as well as Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 4.6.3 ----- then you see the INFOBAR message on top of your screen (same content as on the MCDU 2) as per attached screenshot.

Hanse

post-30406-0-38393600-1363685705_thumb.j

post-30406-0-96662400-1363685721_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Giap,

does this mean the problem is solved and I can close this thread?

Regards,

Hanse

Yes, hanse, the flight that I made, went ok. PROBLEM SOLVED.

A question about a sidebar: If the sidebar disappear (for my possible error), despite it is selected ON in the MCDU2, is there a way to show it again?

Thank you for your excellent support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Giap,

if you closed the viewbar based on your error there is on top of its current place still a small white triangle. Just click on it and the complete viewbar reappears....

Hanse

Archived