Loosing checklist function / Throttle configuration

jimble

I discovered something today after two reinstalls of AEX. The configuration tool for the throttles is the culprit that makes the checklists unusable, it happened last night and again today. Some users report that they are unable to save the cold and dark state., same here, when clicking to save cold and dark state, the sim would freeze for about five seconds. I read the instructions from hanse went to edit the setup ABX file and discovered that there was no entry for set1_AB_ACFTState_Default=. I deleted the ABX file, and restarted the sim and it rebuilt the ABX file, and after rebuilding it the entry was there, and i was able to save the user state.. This may all be just my system that this happens on..but that is what i have discovered.

Regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jimble,

thanks for the tip. I will pass this information on to the developer of the throttle configuration tool.........

Hanse

Dear Jimble,

are you sure this issue is related to config tool (Aerosoft.AirbusX.Configurator.exe)?

This tool only loads and edits files listed below:

• NavData.ini
  • AsInput.ini
  • FBW.ini
  • FMGS.ini
  • AB_ND_GDI.ini
  • AirbusXConnectExtended.ini

We are looking into it and any information from you will be very helpful.

1. What windows version do you have (Vista, 7, 8)? 32 or 64 bits?
  2. Have you tried deleting Setup.abx prior to re-install?
  3. Also what do you mean by "that makes the checklists unusable"?

I am very keen to help you but I can't see how config tool can affect checklists and aircraft states.

Hello Robert,

To make sure i reinstalled AS_AIRBUS-X-EXTENDED_DocumentSearcher.exe and can confirm that the checklists are not working. (greyed out and non functioning). I did delete the setup ABX file but still no checklists. Will have to reinstall AEX which is no big deal, five minutes at the most.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. AMD Phenom 2x4 945 processor, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5450

Selected cold and dark and confirmed exit open, selected checklists to on...checklists greyed out. Reinstalled AEX, selected cold and dark checklists to on....cockpit preperation is orange and functions when clicked.

Regards.

By the way Robert, this isn't a problem, i have the AEX running nicely. Just thought this information might be helpful. You guys have done a great job with this airbus model and i am very pleased with it.

Selected cold and dark and confirmed exit open, selected checklists to on...checklists greyed out. Reinstalled AEX, selected cold and dark checklists to on....cockpit preperation is orange and functions when clicked.

Regards.

So you say it's solved? The problem is we can't recreate this issue and it seems strongly PC dependent.

By the way Robert, this isn't a problem, i have the AEX running nicely. Just thought this information might be helpful. You guys have done a great job with this airbus model and i am very pleased with it.

I am very happy you enjoy Airbus X ;)

Archived