CF18 Hornet for a project

seahawk09

Hey all,

I was wondering if it would be possible if Aerosoft could do the CF18 Hornet for one of their projects it would certainly be something to behold I have decicded only to use Aerosoft addon's in FS2004 there the only addon that truley work flawlessly and mkae my flight simming great. if they can do the warthog the CF18Hornet should be no problem???

Thanks

Richard :D

I know you say you only want Aerosoft addons indstalled, but concerning the CF-18 Hornet, you really should take a look at Aerialfoundry's CF-18. I have it and it's awesome :)

It doesn't have custom sounds, but there are a lot of free sound packages available on avsim.

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1363

Yeah, I think you are seriously limiting your FS experience buy only using aerosoft products. While they are mostly great products, there are many others that are as well and the Aerial foundry hornets are quite good!!

It's all about making a profit for the time invested and with such a small market, you have to carefully pic your projects.

There's no problem to find a F18 external model (Aerialfoundry already mentioned), but I have yet to see a F18 with a decent interior/panel/vc.

Also, (beware, I'm gonna be rude now) I'd rather have Cloud9 make it (MB339 style) if the Worthhog still is the Aerosoft way – it has way to detailed and cpu-demanding textures/model, and waaaaaay to slow gauge refresh rate. A fighter imho MUST be flyable with fluid ... everything. Things happen fast, and you can't take a cofee brake to wait for the gauges to refresh ;).

In a plane like the Beech 18 (which I adore) the refresh rate isn't that cruical, slow as it is, but a fighter ...

Aerosoft staff, please don't get me wrong, I love your work/company/service, but I think it's high time you jump on the the "new" VC wagon.

Btw, I had a flight with the Seahawk yesterday (vc section 4,5,6,7 commented out in order to get decent refresh rate). The screenshots should speak for themselves, but just to let you know – the Seahawk is the only chopper I like to fly in FS9:

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...6&mode=full

Eagle

I understand completely what you're saying ORN, but in fairness to AEROSOFT, the A-10 was released before these virtual cockpit technologies to increase refresh rates were fully discovered/honed.

However, since many companies now use these methods, I would hope future AEROSOFT releases would incorporate them :D

However, since many companies now use these methods, I would hope future AEROSOFT releases would incorporate them :D

Good point Kofi Superuser with strange name and 18 pixel high fonts ;). I would certainly hope that too! Of course I would welcome a "New VC Tech" F18 from Aerosoft or any other high end addon developer for that matter. I must admit though (although, as I said, it is not THAT critical) I was a bit surprised when the Twin Beech came with 6 vc sections, I have only kept 4 of them in order to get acceptable refresh rate.

Eagle

• Aerosoft
Not to mention all the freeware ones - This would be a difficult sell for Aerosoft at best....

Indeed, and with FSx around the corner it would not be wise to start working on these very large projects. When we got more info on FSx we'll know more and start planning.

ORN;

Get a decent system and don't complain about the textures ..... LOL, just kidding...... dumdidumdidum :D:D:D I could always reduce them to 256x256 for your system 8) Just kidding again :D

On the other hand, you could always wish for a CF-18 with a clickable cockpit but I cannot see Aerosoft selling it for the above reasons.

Best

Dag

you´re THE painter, so I can understand why you like the hog. Just a brief look at Vin's latest screenies leaves no doubt, Aerosoft did a good job with that model.

Actually I have decent system with a nVidia 7800GT and AMD Athlon 3500+. The texture loading time is not the worst part either (on my old system it was), the gauge refresh rate is the reason why I don't feel like flying the hog. Which again is no big deal, there are other planes to fly :).

Btw, have you considered making a paint for the Beech 18? How about a really weary rugged and rusty bush Beech for smugglers. It would make a different challenge for you i guess, your paints are usually very detailed and well done, but also very new and shiny :). Just a thought ...

Eagle

Hmm... soo much to paint, Øyvind, so little time..... :( Yep, I've considered the Beech but not at the moment. Clean..... well maybe, go have a look over at IRIS on the F-14 (VF-32 previews) in their forum and you'll see something not that clean and shiney :)

best

That's a nice paint Dag!

With your style and class I'm sure you could make an awesome Twin Beech with more of a style like the Beaver below, B U T with this in mind:

1. Cool: Spare part from another plane (tail fin)

2. Not so cool: Weathering a bit overdone

With more detailed and varied work, but the same general approach I think you could have fun making a rusty 18 :).

Eagle

14.jpg

13.jpg