Freight Dogs, FS Cargo...Caribbean version

SkyMaster

DON'T BUY THIS SCENERY!!! IT HAS PROBLEMS. I GET BUILDING CRASHES EVERYTIME I TRY TO MAKE AN APPROACH TO THE RUNWAY. WHEN I SENT A MESSAGE TO THE AUTHORS THE ONLY RESPONSE I GOT WAS TO TURN ON "IGNORE CRASHES". THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND I TOLD THEM THIS. I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM SINCE. THEY GOT MY MONEY FOR A BROKEN PRODUCT, DON'T GIVE THEM YOURS. :evil:

Yes, unfortunately you have to turn 'crash detection OFF' for it to work :cry:

That should really be mentioned in the description before someone purchases it. I NEVER would have bought it had I known that. :x

That should really be mentioned in the description before someone purchases it. I NEVER would have bought it had I known that. :x

Oooh, I don't know... I have crash detection off anyway. Some of the bridges in some of the sceneries are "solid" as far as FS9 is concerned Crash detection is too sensitive for my liking... (flying under things and close to the terrain. For instance... I have seen real world helicopters take out one inch thick braches with no ill effect. And a few small twigs won't necessarily pull you out of the sky if you are heavy out of emma Field on rwy 36.

And as for the rest of the time... the imagination is a good thing and it saves time reloading if you do fluff it after a two hour flight.

Swings and roundabouts...

DON'T BUY THIS SCENERY!!! IT HAS PROBLEMS. I GET BUILDING CRASHES EVERYTIME I TRY TO MAKE AN APPROACH TO THE RUNWAY. WHEN I SENT A MESSAGE TO THE AUTHORS THE ONLY RESPONSE I GOT WAS TO TURN ON "IGNORE CRASHES". THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND I TOLD THEM THIS. I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM SINCE. THEY GOT MY MONEY FOR A BROKEN PRODUCT, DON'T GIVE THEM YOURS. :evil:

In defense of them:

- It does state you must turn off crashes in the manual

In the defense of you:

- You can't download the manual

:?: :(

Hm looking at the screenies I don't understand why you woiuld get crashes while on approach to the sandstrip. Doesn't sound like smart modeling to me. :shock:

Scenery looks very cool though and I love the idea behind it. Personally I wish more developers would dare to develop such projects. So on that note, thumbs up to FS Addon and Aerosoft for the recent developments. :)

In defense of them:

- It does state you must turn off crashes in the manual

In the defense of you:

- You can't download the manual

:?: :(

How about in defense of me show me where it says that?

INSTALLATION

To install "Smugglers of the Caribbean - Cabo Key" simply run the installer and you will be

guided through the next steps.

Having completed this, it will be necessary to manually add the scenery into the Flight Simulator

Scenery Library.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Start FS2004 and on the main screen click Settings, then click Scenery Library. If

FS2004 does not open into the main screen, you must exit your current flight to access the

main screen.

2. In the Scenery Library click Add Area.

3. In the Select Scenery Directory window, navigate to the following folder “Program

Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Pimp Aviation/Cabo Key”. You will see a

folder named Scenery, and a Texture folder. Check that the name 'Cabo Key' appears in the

Scenery Area Title window.

4. Click OK.

5. Shutdown Flight Simulator, and then restart it again to establish the scenery in the library.

Display Settings

1. On the main screen click

Settings, then click Display.

2. In the Settings Display

window uncheck

Ground scenery casts

shadow.

3. Click OK.

4. Having done this you are

ready to go. Enjoy!

FLYING CABO KEY

To get a quick start, click Select a Flight on the FS2004 main screen. Here you will find

some flights that will take you directly to Cabo Key. You will also find different flights that put

you directly into the drivers seat of the various Pimp Aviation vehicles.

When I called them on this they replied:

"We have just noticed that in the installation part of our manual this point has been forgotten. We apologize!"

Come on, I don't fly with crashes turned off so this scenery is useless to me. They need to make this right. Can you say refund? By the way, another day has gone by without a response to my email to them about this. Great customer support!! :evil:

Hm looking at the screenies I don't understand why you woiuld get crashes while on approach to the sandstrip. Doesn't sound like smart modeling to me. :shock:

I agree. And if you can't provide proper support for your scenery then you shouldn't charge for it. It is a really cool idea for a scenery but this is one "little detail" that you can't leave out. :x

Why are you challenging me on this one? Dude I'm telling you that it doesn't. I was one of the first people to buy it and as they said they forgot it. So the version that you have is a "fixed version" manual. They admitted it themselves. They forgot it in the initial version. Didn't you read my prior post? What page is that in your manual? Whatever page you tell me I'll copy the same page and post it here. Hell, I'll email you my manual and you show it to me.

Why are you challenging me on this one? Dude I'm telling you that it doesn't. I was one of the first people to buy it and as they said they forgot it. So the version that you have is a "fixed version" manual. They admitted it themselves. They forgot it in the initial version. Didn't you read my prior post? What page is that in your manual? Whatever page you tell me I'll copy the same page and post it here. Hell, I'll email you my manual and you show it to me.

Okay mate,

If they did say the "forgot" it, then that is NOT correct and they definitely should refund your money.... 8)

I should add that since the product is sold through SIMMARKET, perhaps Francois Dumas can help you get your money back.... :D

Well, I am always happy to help a fellow simmer.... but I am not responsible for each and every product that happens to be distributed by simMarket. I just run simFlight and FSAddon.... the 'commercial part' is not my turf really..... :lol::lol:

Having said that, Miguel is a reasonable fella and if you have a reasonable claim, they will do 'the right thing'. :)

• Aerosoft

It says it right here :shock:

quote]

It's a but strange that because something is non existing in the real world it would create building crashes, in fact I would say that that is nonsense. That and the fact the people are not able to created an installer that adds the scenery to the library makes me think they are gifted designers, but do not really understand that a commercial product really needs those things these days.

• Aerosoft
Yup, they are 'beginning FS developers' from a commercial (and to some extent technical) perspective. But good potential with good help..... :wink:

But there is no need to hide what I consider a bug behind an incorrect explanation that blames Microsoft. We'll I am not one of their customers and we should not misuse this forum to attack a competitor.