DH-2 reinstall

Oldog

I purchased DH-2 Beaver in 06/22/04. I had to reinstall FS9 and now need to reinstall DH-2. I have backup copies of all of the verisons, but I can't copy them over to my FS-9 aircraft. I have a very slow dial-up connection. Am I going to have to re-download the DH-2 Beaver again? I tried this once, however it got hungup on my registration and I had to reboot.

Hello Oldog,

If you have'nt kept the main installer file and update files the chances are you'll need the main installer download link extending as it will have expired. I can do this for you if you leave me your order number. But we do advise that nce downloaded the installer files etc should be archived to a suitable offline medium such as CDr.

If you have problems with the online registration process check the "No Secure Connection" post in the General FAQs thread at the top of the forum.

Hey Shaun,

I appreciate your help, but I want to touch base with you one more time before I get into over 16 hours of downloads. (very slow phone connect).

As I said in my first post, I have backup copies of all versions. They are on a DVD. All install into FS9 OK except that there are some panel issues. (Not all guages install in some of the old style panels, and NO center RPM and Manifold guages). I have the original Setup.exe file version 2.11.15.0, but can't get past the Online Registration window. It hangs up and I have to reboot. I have the Aerosoft calculator installed and working. I was just hoping that I could avoid the full download task if I could. I realize that I don't know enough about this, however I thank you for your patience. Oldog

I don't expect any special treatment, but I am going to need a little more help here. I have downloaded all of the required files and tried to install first

AO_BEA_100.zip. Everything goes OK until I get to the Online Registration, and it just runs without going any further. I am using fireFox, and Windows Firewall. Due to my very slow internet situation, I have to download late at night after I retire and I don't want to leave my firewall protection turned off. I use registered GetRight and I have never had any problem with any downloads up to now, If that is what my problem is. I followed Aerosoft's advice from the time I purchased this product in June, 2004. I have backed up DH-2 on two different DVDs, however I have not been able to fully re-install from them for some reason as I stated in my previous reply. I wonder why you advise to backup these files if I can't reinstall from them. I would buy the DH-2 CD however $50 US is a little steep after I have already purchased this product once. Please take just an extra minute and give me some advice on soving my problems. Thanks

Hello Oldog,

You only need turn your Firewall off during the validation process and also make Internet Explorer the default browser, after this if you can turn the firewall back on and then make Firefox your default browser again. If after that you still have a problem then i'll make a checkfile for you.

Hi Shaun, Back again. As you directed, I made IE my default browser, and turned off my firewall. As before, every thing does fine untill I hit the Installshield Online Registration. At that point it will run forever and not do anything other than lock up my system. I have done this so many times I have practically memorized my registration key.

As an aside, in the past couple of days I have downloaded several addon AC. I just downloaded and installed Flight1 A36 upgrade with no problems what so ever. My internet connection is very slow, but it works.

If you send me a check file, please take a few seconds and give me directions to use it. I don't know much about thsoe things (obviously)

Thanks for your patience. Oldog

Hey Shaun,

I still have not recieved the check file. I checked my profile, and it is the correct e-mail address. I recieve topic notifications, and e-mails from others in the flight sim community, so I can't understand what might be the problem. Perhaps you might figure it out. Regards Oldog.

Hello Oldog,

Can you check that your mail is set to allow mail with attachments as it may be blocking it, as I have had no return mail from the address.

Also if you have another e-mail address we could try to use that, you can mail it to me at shaunaerosoft@aol.com