Flight Keeper Pre-Purchase Info

Wilson Hines

I have a few short quick questions in regards to this great product.

I have completed four flights with it and I currently am on my fith flight (EGKK to WIII). I have found it particularly detailed (which I love) and very rewarding. I only have some simple questions before I purchase:

a. Version 2.7 (Build 770) - When was it released? Is there a plan for further 2.x updates?

b. If I purchase 2.7 will I have to buy verison 3, especially if you put it out relativly close to my purchase?

c. Is there any modifications/alterations that could make it work BETTER with the PMDG 747-400?

Thanks

Hi,

1. v2.7 was released 6 weeks ago. So rather new. ;)

2. v3.0 won't be released before FSX is released. So for sure not before the end of this year and we currently don't have any decisions made about pricing.

3. What do you mean with "BETTER"? FSFK works fine with the 747. There are some things which I can't access (like the autopilot), but this is caused by the fact that PMDG does not release a SDK for it. Thus nothing to improve here.

Regards

Thomas

Questions #2: Will you have an upgrade scheme or will it be an out-right purchase, again. I must admit, if it is, Flight Tracker may be the way I need to go - just from a T.C.O standpoint, as it does give sufficient information and storage needs.

Question #3: Well, I am hoping that PMDG would allow you to work in some way with them on being able to read their auto-pilot. This isn't a decision maker problem as far as purchasing, but it may be something you would like to persue. There are other utilities on the market (not anything dealing with flight tracking) that interact with the PMDG 737, so maybe they would be interested and you could maybe even sell the PMDG functions as an add-on module. I would like to see the "events" page even log when I am turning on the packs and hydraulics and making changes in the FMC. Maybe I am just dreaming here. It could prove useful, for example, I took a maxed out ZFW load last night from EGKK to WIII (Jakarta, Indonesia). During the night, the alarms went nuts, it woke me up and I came in and fixed the problem. However, the flight log didn't give me all the information I would have like to have in regards to what was going on - probably because of the lack of interface with the PMDG systems.

This is just a suggestion.

Thanks for your response, Paul. And I am looking forward to your response, however I am leaving today to go to Laredo, TX, USA - about 1,600 miles one way (I am a truck driver in North Carolina, USA). I will try to check the forum online, but sometimes I can't get a WIFI. So, if I don't respond right away you will understand.

Thanks again,

We will have upgrade discounts for current v2.x users, but I can not tell you how much this will be as I am still in the planning phase for v3.0.

Which tools do you mean? There are some hardware vendors, that have direct support from PMDG, but no software as far as I know. Maybe those tools just "hacked" some FSUIPC offsets PMDG are using, but I really don't want to do this.

Regards

Thomas