Cruise Aircraft State...

Maxloading

Hi, this is what happens when I am in cruise mode.

I have climed up to cruise level 340 manually without the check list or the co-pilot .After a while I decide use the set up cruise mode, 2 things happens.

1 Regardless of the FL you are at, it resets itself at FL 320 and the a/c climbs up/down depending on the level you were at.

2 realign the IRS on the FMGC shows .

If you are at FL320 ok, but you still have to re align the IRS.This happens everytime you use a set up mode.Cold and dark not a problem but with the others ...annoying.

Apart from that I find th Airbus is getting better all the time.

AlainV

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Alain,

so today I tried to reproduce your two problems (flight level and IRS not aligned). But I cannot confirm your findings.

I started with a fully setup MCDU (which is the normal case = reality) and a FL of 340. After reaching FL 340 I used the ACFT STATE "CRUISE". I only got some oral warnings - but that is normal if you load a state.... The FL stayed at 340 - no climbs up or downs - only the FCU showed FL 320. I changed this to 340 and everything was OK. I also got no warning "IRS not aligned".

So I believe that this has something to do with "manually" as you wrote. I do not know if you followed exactly the checklist- and procedures as described in the Vol6 StepbyStep Tuitorial and used a fully set up MCDU. If this was not the case then weird things might happen because the design of the AXE is based on reality........

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, I will try another flight with with different FL and will see what happens.

I do everything by the book and normally I have no problems.

Alain

Hi Alain,

try it also with Checklist- and Copilot-Functionality = ON. Then you can compare that maybe you made a mistake......

Regards,

Hanse

HI Hanse,

I did another flight here is what happened.

1. climb up to FL 280 and did set up to cruise mode.

The MCDU showed 32000 with a VS +300.I reset it at FL280 no problem.Now if you go to FMC and click on INI, it will show in yellow :ALIGN IRS.

2. Same flight ,I now change the cruise LVL to FL340 in the FMC and change to 34000 on the PFD.pulled the knob and the a/c climbs normally.

It shows OP CLIMB and the speed shows 0.78.

3.Same scenario,set up cruise mode and it showed FL320,but like you no up/down this time.I put FL340 and the a/c continued as before.

On the FMC click :INI it will show again ALIGN IRS.As a matter of fact,everytime you chose a set up ,the ALIGN IRS will show up.

I hope this will help.I now know what to do and it's not a major problem.

Regards,

Alain

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Alain,

from my point of view you are using the CRUISE state in a way it was not "invented" for. Why you want to use the CRUISE state if you are already at cruise altitude? Normally you load an aircraft state if your are in a different state then the one you select i.e. you want to "jump" and save time like starting with TAKEOFF state instead of DRAK&COLD. Or in your case if you are already in the air p. e. at CLIMB and want to "jump" to CRUISE. If I am wrong please let me know......

I tested that and the only real issue I have is that on the MCDU INIT A page it says "ALIGN IRS". I will look at that respectively pass it on to the responsible developer.

Hanse

HI Hanse,

The only reason I do it that way is because sometimes I do everything manually but on the way down I decide to use the co-pilot and the check list,that is all.

Thanks for your reply.

Alain

Archived