New Simulator ... Why not?

Jeroen Doorman

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've been enjoying FSX over the past few years and have used FS9 before that ... X-Plane 10 is something I own as well but it hasn't pulled me over that line so far ...

What I'm wondering is why doesn't Aerosoft or any other developer, which are well known for their products, pull themselves over that line at make a new sim.

They all have the knowledge and ability to do so as far as I know but what is holding them back in doing so, does anyone have a clear answer on that?

Looking at MS Flight, which was de biggest microsoft blooper in flight sim history next to the poor performance of FSX, I'm not getting that developers don't create a new FSX like simulator which will be the next and follow up simulator for FSX ...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking forward to the end result :)

Hi Jeroen,

In the meantime, did you try or consider LM Prepar3D? It is still FSX, but at least being fixed and developed further (waiting for DX11 now).

I made the switch from FSX to P3D and I am enjoying it.

Well in terms of flight model, default graphics and smoothness MS Flight was outstanding. And not only because some of the basic features such as AI, ATC etc were missing. It was made for modern HW (multicore). It was the business model which was wrong. Looking forward to AS' results whenever they might come.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jeroen,

In the meantime, did you try or consider LM Prepar3D? It is still FSX, but at least being fixed and developed further (waiting for DX11 now).

I made the switch from FSX to P3D and I am enjoying it.

Hi Eric,

I know and I've looked at it but the switch ensures that the work I do with FSX is less stable ... certain things as fsrecorder most likely will not work and I might encounter more issues a long the way.

I'm for now staying with FSX because it is something I know how to handle :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well in terms of flight model, default graphics and smoothness MS Flight was outstanding. And not only because some of the basic features such as AI, ATC etc were missing. It was made for modern HW (multicore). It was the business model which was wrong. Looking forward to AS' results whenever they might come.

I installed it and played it for 5 minutes and then started crying as it looked even worse then FSX imho ... the way they brought it to the market excluding third party content was even more stupid and ensured the downfall of this arcade game as it wasn't a real sim in the first place :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you like VFR flying and can live with a small region do try AeroFS, it is in a class of it's own.

That sure looks nice indeed and we've got outera which looks amazing as well but it's all 'un finished' and not like FSX which includes the whole world :)

That is good news Mathijs.

Aeroflyfs- it really needs navigation and more 3d objects, plus a replay feature. The next version should have all these, but a darned good start.

MS flight was stunning IMHO, superb lighting and insane fps, great FM. Anyone who can grab their code and manage it properly (eg contract out multiple regions at a time) will do very well. I hope this might be happening already!

Aerofly FS is a great program... Superb FPS, detail, textures, graphics... I see it will be a great upcoming simulator , they've built the WHOLE of Switzerland!!

Unfortunately, cockpits aren't clickable, no nav-aids and some airports are just flat sat-images, however it really pulled me in. Recommend it 100% to all!

Archived