Skiathos X released! (topic closed)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Well, I guess it's someting really interesting. More interesting than the plane and the woman next to him :D

Amazing how far we gone in a few years. I remember when Paris was a one large grey rectangular (!) polygon and we loved it. Now we see a newspaper and are close to being able to see what's in it. And you also see the problem we are into as developer/publisher, We gone from a detail level of a single polygon to show a major city to a newspaper where we can see headlines and pictures even though prices for add-ons are more or less the same.

Very true!

It makes you wonder what level of detail we will be seeing in a few years down the line from now.... we'll be able to smell the souvlakis bbq'ing in Skiathos X let alone be able to read the sunseekers papers!!

Exciting times ahead and i'd like to personally thank all involved for making our hobby what it is today! :excellenttext_s:

Good ones guys! :)

Well, the women wears a top at least! The scenery is designed for extensive use all year long so even if it's christmas, hop in a 757 heading Skiathos and feel the warmth. But not like 30°C and that's the point!

;)

Some more shots from a little testflight I did this evening. The night lighting already is in an advanced stage while with all settings maxed the framerate varies around 50-80FPS. The last image shows the scenery manager that will be shiped with the add-on and should ensure good performance even on Stone Age PCs. Well, hopefully ;)

post-66739-0-89150200-1366927511_thumb.j

post-66739-0-91304400-1366927512_thumb.j

post-66739-0-85753800-1366927513_thumb.j

post-66739-0-95050700-1366927514_thumb.j

Good ones guys! :)

Well, the women wears a top at least! The scenery is designed for extensive use all year long so even if it's christmas, hop in a 757 heading Skiathos and feel the warmth. But not like 30°C and that's the point!

;)

Some more shots from a little testflight I did this evening. The night lighting already is in an advanced stage while with all settings maxed the framerate varies around 50-80FPS. The last image shows the scenery manager that will be shiped with the add-on and should ensure good performance even on Stone Age PCs. Well, hopefully ;)

Looking mighty fantastic Lars! Looking forward to flying some charters into there or the Q400 from one of the nearby islands!

Any chance for a release this or next week?

Am I too impatient by asking what exactly the smoke effect on Rwy02 is?? Does it blow some dust towards the beach when you hit TOGA? Does it work with AI too? This doesn't sound like something we are used to in FSX although we see something like that on wet runways. Or is it just a randomly timed effect?

Very true!

It makes you wonder what level of detail we will be seeing in a few years down the line from now.... we'll be able to smell the souvlakis bbq'ing in Skiathos X let alone be able to read the sunseekers papers!!

Exciting times ahead and i'd like to personally thank all involved for making our hobby what it is today! :excellenttext_s:

Was thinking the exact same thing the other day while watching the video above and realised that it would be really amazing if the grass around the runway could somehow move while the plane does the 180 degree turn and spools up for take off! We have moving boats, cars, people, fauna, why not flora!!!!

Well I know that 8GHz proccessors are not here yet, just wishful thinking!

On the other hand I usually do not even spot such details as I mostly stay inside my "cockpit".

• Deputy Sheriffs

And a couple more shots ... working on another little preview video just to get everyone excited (most of you probably already are :))

Still a WIP so keep that in mind ;)

Hope you like the shots!

i9CwW.jpg

wLG20.jpg

StFiv.jpg

Archived