Skiathos X released! (topic closed)

What is the difference between these two resolutions? One is 0.3m/pixel, one 5m/pixel? Never understood that...

The difference is that 5m is the Mesh terrain (so the altitude of the ground so to say) while 0.3m/pixel is the resolution of the photographic texture on the mesh.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in fact it's both "per pixel". A mesh can be a greyscale image. Ours has a resolution of 5m/px. The satellite imagery has a resolution of 0.3m/px.

The difference is that 5m is the Mesh terrain (so the altitude of the ground so to say) while 0.3m/pixel is the resolution of the photographic texture on the mesh.

Thanks for your answers :)

Just to keep this thread up-to-date, here are those screenshots again :)

New ones will come next week. It's quite a task to fill 90km² with Autogen!

And btw. those 3-story buildings already are replaced with more accurate ones.

post-66739-0-70084300-1363952575_thumb.j

post-66739-0-65897000-1363952577_thumb.j

post-66739-0-24721700-1363952579_thumb.j

It's not fine to think you are preparing Skiatos scenery, while so many simmers expect Rome Fiumicino FSX. Aerosoft has messed with Rome Fiumicino FSX. Really a bad impression. Excuse me for sincerity.

Anyway i'll buy Skiatos. Again, if you do not delete my message.

Rome for FSX is in development as you can see in the Preview forums.

The developer doing this is a whole different team which has nothing to do with those doing Rome.

And just to add: Your offtopic writing would be a reason to deleate your message and propably it's going to be done lateron as this is absoluty not the correct place to complain.

Welcome to Europe's St. Maarten! Coming closer to release...

http://youtu.be/ukIIzNx4DVI&fmt=22">http://youtu.be/ukIIzNx4DVI&fmt=18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

Now that is simply beautiful. I can't thank you enough for adding another gem in my country's virtual aerodromes. Ευχαριστώ!

Great video!!!!

You know it's funny: one of the things I like most about your sceneries? The rooftops. Might sound silly but SO many developers don't add any detail there, and it's something I've always noticed. You gave a few seconds to show that off in the video and it looks amazing, just like everything else! Can't wait for it!

Archived