Go Around ALT Set Downwind

G-BOVY

Hi Support,

Not sure if this has been reported but...

When flying downwind for planned runway RWY28 LSZH (loaded in RAD NAV), cleared to altitude 5000FT from FL080, the glideslope alive call was made (as it tracked back up the PFD) , just afterwards the ALT set in the FCU of 5000FT changed to the Go Around altitude 7000FT, correct for RWY28 LSZH.

This also occurred when downwind for RWY34 LOWW at around the same time (downwind roughly abeam the point at which the Final checklist occurs). In both cases as the aircraft was lower than the Go Around altitude, and a climb was initiated by the autopilot, which I caught both times and re-set the cleared altitude. I didn't capture this behavior in a screenshot as I was fairly busy, apologies.

FYI on both occasions the Go Around ALT was set again at the correct point in the Final Checklist by the Copilot.

Cheers

So the aircraft climbs when you set the go-around altitude?

I think the problem is that you push the knob, you aren't supposed to push it (so just enter the altitude and don't push the knob).

Hi Adrijan,

Thanks for the post.

Yes it is, but the issue is with the Go Around ALT being set on a downwind leg without any pilot input, overriding the cleared altitude in the FCU.

Cheers

Rob

I've seen that happen at Tulcan (SETU) too, the copilot sets 17,000' when turning back inbound after the NDB. Altitude after the NDB is 14,200' and then is 13,200' after turning inbound, so if you aren't watching, the aircraft starts a climb to 17,000' at that point, screwing up an already difficult approach.

Hi

This happened twice with me, also on downwind des 3000ft and it sets the go around altitude adn start to climb, where I quicly readjust and back to a smooth appr/landing.

Jead

this happenes in the landing checklist at which the bus already following the GS....strange that this happenes before capturing the GS

also strange that the bus climbs....with me the copi set the alt only but never push the knob to climb

• 1 month later...

Archived