Spanish or German Airports? which would you reccomend?

tomcollingwood

Hi,

I am keen to buy either all the Spanish Airports or German Airports + Scenery from Aerosoft as I would like to decide on a European country to make my flying HQ, as I cant really be bothered with very long distance flights ill stick to domestic, would anyone reccomend 1 above the other? they both look great in terms of pics, not sure if its worth getting the Scenery for Germany as I fly by IFR flight plans usually with the Airbus or PMGD Beechcraft C so might not see so much of it. From pics online and country terrain im a bit more in favour of the Spanish ones at present but if anyone knows better then let me know!!!! :lol:

Thanks!!

Tom

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I am keen to buy either all the Spanish Airports or German Airports + Scenery from Aerosoft as I would like to decide on a European country to make my flying HQ, as I cant really be bothered with very long distance flights ill stick to domestic, would anyone reccomend 1 above the other? they both look great in terms of pics, not sure if its worth getting the Scenery for Germany as I fly by IFR flight plans usually with the Airbus or PMGD Beechcraft C so might not see so much of it. From pics online and country terrain im a bit more in favour of the Spanish ones at present but if anyone knows better then let me know!!!! :lol:

Thanks!!

Tom

Well, there is no doubt, for Germany there is a lot more available, both from us and in freeware. What I like a lot about Germany is that fact you get a lot of different stuff, winter and summer, flat country and alps, the biggest and the smallest airports in Europe. I seriously believe it is the best covered area in the world for FS.

Thanks I have taken your advice and blown 222 Euros in the download shop on German Scenery lol I was surprised how nicely the new Frankfurt airport ran on my computer, since I installed XP-64 it has changed my FS experience, suddenly it feels like my comp is breathing rather than running out of breath! the lowest frame rate I got with the airport was 28FPS and most of the time around 34!!!!. I remember when I had world airports 2 looking at around 8.

All of the software I have purchased from Aerosoft has been superb and I will not be bothering with anyone else from now on.

New topic: are credit cards a bad thing? :twisted: :lol: :? :(:D

• Aerosoft
Thanks I have taken your advice and blown 222 Euros in the download shop on German Scenery lol I was surprised how nicely the new Frankfurt airport ran on my computer, since I installed XP-64 it has changed my FS experience, suddenly it feels like my comp is breathing rather than running out of breath! the lowest frame rate I got with the airport was 28FPS and most of the time around 34!!!!. I remember when I had world airports 2 looking at around 8.

All of the software I have purchased from Aerosoft has been superb and I will not be bothering with anyone else from now on.

New topic: are credit cards a bad thing? :twisted: :lol: :? :(:D

Credit cards are like knifes... useful but in the wrong hands a danger.

That is one impressive order, Tom. Could we offer you a free aircraft as a token of our appreciation? I recommend the Super Cub or the Katana for the scenery you bought. Or the Beech if you want to go a bit faster.

Thanks a lot that would be great, I will take your advice and go for the Piper Super Cub if I may, looks more fun out of the two and I prefer the pannel, is one generally more popular in Germany than the other?

Thanks again! My printer is going to be working overtime to get all these Manuals printed!!

Best Regards,

Tom

I was surprised how nicely the new Frankfurt airport ran on my computer, since I installed XP-64 it has changed my FS experience, suddenly it feels like my comp is breathing rather than running out of breath! the lowest frame rate I got with the airport was 28FPS and most of the time around 34!!!!. I remember when I had world airports 2 looking at around 8.

Seriously? Hmm I should consider ... I heard there were driver issues in XP 64.

• Aerosoft
Thanks a lot that would be great, I will take your advice and go for the Piper Super Cub if I may, looks more fun out of the two and I prefer the pannel, is one generally more popular in Germany than the other?

Thanks again! My printer is going to be working overtime to get all these Manuals printed!!

Best Regards,

Tom

Our pleasure... really. Write to Shaun on info@aerosoft-shop.com and you'll get instructions on how to get that freebie. And don't forget that you can always open the manuals from the Aerosoft menu inside FS2004.

I actually meant the OS system. should this not be happening?? I am seeing a clear difference on my system which is an AMD 64 3000 (which is rated around 2Ghz) mobile chip (along with a ATI 9700), maybe it means something was not right in the setup with 32 bit windows? It really has made a difference, I have all settings maxed with the exception of weather which is left on ultra-high and I get frame rates of between 28-45 (which I have it locked at otherwise you will see higher but more stable obviously locking it) running Flight Enviroment, German airports + scenery, including Frankfurty which is pretty stunning.

You can get XP-64 for 90 quid OEM official copy of course from a few comps on the net. I know some people have driver issues, windows seemeed to detect all my drivers for me, the only thing I cant do so easily is run video card ATI software to muck about with my graphics settings but I dont mind, I think there is a way to sort it out but I have no need

If MSFS should not run any differently on XP-64 then I guess someone was up with my previous OS but hey, I dont mind :wink: Im amazed how good it is, thought one would have to buy Alienware or something to get a nice performance like this

I actually meant the OS system. should this not be happening?? I am seeing a clear difference on my system which is an AMD 64 3000 (which is rated around 2Ghz) mobile chip (along with a ATI 9700), maybe it means something was not right in the setup with 32 bit windows? It really has made a difference, I have all settings maxed with the exception of weather which is left on ultra-high and I get frame rates of between 28-45 (which I have it locked at otherwise you will see higher but more stable obviously locking it) running Flight Enviroment, German airports + scenery, including Frankfurty which is pretty stunning.

You can get XP-64 for 90 quid OEM official copy of course from a few comps on the net. I know some people have driver issues, windows seemeed to detect all my drivers for me, the only thing I cant do so easily is run video card ATI software to muck about with my graphics settings but I dont mind, I think there is a way to sort it out but I have no need

If MSFS should not run any differently on XP-64 then I guess someone was up with my previous OS but hey, I dont mind :wink: Im amazed how good it is, thought one would have to buy Alienware or something to get a nice performance like this

Wow, nevermind then. So what will happen to XP-64 when Vista comes out? For some reason I thought XP-64 was just a beta version of Vista.

Yeah I wondered about that, Im not going to bother with Vista when it comes out as XP-64 does the job I need and if Microsoft are going to make the new FS only really run nicely on Vista and not even XP-64 which is still pretty recent then I will not go near it as I think this is bang out of order and to be honest I think fairly typical of some of the things they have done, but I wont say too much more seeing as im using its Flight Sim!!!

I think my next project after I have paid off my present credit card :twisted: :lol: is to look at ways to make FS2004 more real, for example getting a massive 29 inch TV monitor or somthing like that rather than keep buying the latest FS when it comes out and getting usually an adverage frame rate before realising most of my add-ons which I spent loads on are worthless and then needing a whole new PC to run it in a way that really feels good. The potential of FS2004 for me will not have been used up for a long time, I cant claim to be able to fly Aircraft like the PSS concorde or LevelD 767 knowing everything about the craft and all the ways of using the systems so until I do why change...... the ATC is the only thing that really bugs me!

Regards,

Tom