How to set up a system with 4 monitors wits airbus x extended

Flying_mouse

How i can tweak the ND display 2d to ajust his size? I can ajust window size but ND remain in same size.

With PFD is all ok; with ECAM1 ECAM2 is all ok. Just ND .

i write this. but don't turn ND suitable.

For a suitable size of ND I write:

[Window08]

size_mm = 750, 400

window_size = 1

position = 8

Background_color = 0,0,0

VISIBLE = 0

ident = PFD

gauge00 =.. / SimObjects / Airplanes / Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base / Panel_Fallback / Displays! PFD, 0,20,340,340

gauge01 =.. / SimObjects / Airplanes / Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base / Panel_Fallback / ND / AB_ND_GDI! AB_ND_Gauge, 390,20,340,340

• 1 month later...

Alvaro, thanks for the info on how to create the 2d view of the screens.

I'm only concerned about practicing navigation, so I was really bummed out when I found out that there were no 2D views of the PFD, ND, and ECAM displays. But now am really stoked to test out AXE, just need to get the FCU in the right place.

Do you or anybody else know how to increase the size of the ND?

As seen on the photo below, I was able to increase the window but the ND stayed the same size.

Also, anyone know how to create a standalone view of the FCU? If not standalone, then how to have it displayed on the top of the screen? I'd like to have it displayed on top of the ND window.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to read this.

1000950_630894833610706_790109347_n.jpg

How many monitors do you use?

Have you tried the default VC/3D F9 view ("Captain's glareshield view")? It displays the complete FCU and a good deal more of the other control panels and displays. I put this particular view onto my primary monitor and drag only a minimum of 2D windows to my secondary monitor.

• 1 month later...

Oka okay,,,, i do it, my problem was i don't understood what COMMENTING mean.... I read the following comments to it and do it...

I have 3 problems:

1- Okay the ND open good but i cannot modified its size to be suitable with the size of my bezels (squares) in my cockpit plate...

2- And when i change the size the ND stay in its size and the window size only increase and decrease and the ND still at its size.

3- Also when i change the size of the undocked ND window many times the fsx stops and have a problem ?

Oka okay,,,, i do it, my problem was i don't understood what COMMENTING mean.... I read the following comments to it and do it...

I have 3 problems:

1- Okay the ND open good but i cannot modified its size to be suitable with the size of my bezels (squares) in my cockpit plate... I dont know how to re-size this as i have the same issue

2- And when i change the size the ND stay in its size and the window size only increase and decrease and the ND still at its size. I beleive its becaue of the programming languiage its written in

3- Also when i change the size of the undocked ND window many times the fsx stops and have a problem ? This is also due to the programming language and the gauge file... its written in another code to the PFD and ECAMs... i dont think you will have much joy unless you know the language.... i undock all the others and have to use the ND in the VC juts so things dont freeze up on me...

How you get this ND display size ?

I bet he's playing with the monitor resolution.

That's the only way I know to increase the size of ND display. If you move that window to a monitor with a resolution of 640x480, the panel will be larger.

I tried multiple times to add a 2D window to the brand new version 1.15, released today.

The gauge in the window is supposed to be the S/D (lower ECAM), but for some reason all I get is a black space. Worked like a charm up to, and including v1.10.

Any help is appreciated!

Oli, stupid question but are you sure the aircraft is powered up and ECAM turned on?

Did it as soon as I downloaded v1.15 and it worked great for two flights.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Oli, stupid question but are you sure the aircraft is powered up and ECAM turned on?

Did it as soon as I downloaded v1.15 and it worked great for two flights.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

No, Adrijan, it's me who's so fu... freakin' stupid: You're perfectly right! Works after dimming the display up.

LOL

Another consideration after upgrading Airbus X version. It may occur that the format of panel.cfg file changes on each new version. In such a case, if you try to overwrite the original file just installed with the tuned copy of a previous version it might fail. You have to open the original file shipped with the new version and apply the changes described above.

LOL

Another consideration after upgrading Airbus X version. It may occur that the format of panel.cfg file changes on each new version. In such a case, if you try to overwrite the original file just installed with the tuned copy of a previous version it might fail. You have to open the original file shipped with the new version and apply the changes described above.

Yep, the number of windows has changed, for example. I didn't copy the old panel.cfg into the new installation, but edited the new cfg manually, so my first thought was I was doing something wrongly. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Why devs didn't add rhis feature in the 1.15 release? I hope they add 2D popup in next version. it's very difficult to fly with this gauges, especially when planning route and manage MCDU.

What's your opinion? I think it's a must have feature.

Why devs didn't add rhis feature in the 1.15 release? I hope they add 2D popup in next version. it's very difficult to fly with this gauges, especially when planning route and manage MCDU.

What's your opinion? I think it's a must have feature.

Yes mr recardo we say that to many times to the developers.

• 1 month later...

Hello. i made all modifications in panel.cfg and looks great. Just with one problem: ND apear bkack . Other gauges are ok. I put // besides 39 in virtual cickpit line. Anybody help me?

tanks

Hello. i made all modifications in panel.cfg and looks great. Just with one problem: ND apear bkack . Other gauges are ok. I put // besides 39 in virtual cickpit line. Anybody help me?

tanks

I only experimented that black ND when the gauge has several instances. That's the reason to comment out (prefixing // in that line) the ND gauge in the 3D panel in order to have only one ND gauge: the one in the 2D panel.

Please make sure that you are commenting out the correct line. Perhaps you are attempting to declare two different ND displays, one for captain side and another one for the first officer side. If so, don't do that. Remember: more than one ND gauge will prevent it to work.

I regret not to be more helpful.

Best,

-- Alvaro

• 1 month later...

Archived