EDDF new runway does not show

eytan

I installed the Mega Frankfurt airport in FS9 and FSX successfully.

Then I went to the updates and installed them too.

The new airport shows up fine in both versions.

However the new runway 07L is not shown.

From top down view there is only a big rectangular green tile the length of the runway and that's it.

The mega airport is on top of the scenery libray so no addon would hide the new runway (like GE Pro or UT Europe that I have)

Another phenomenon which may point to the problem is this.

Now everytime I start FS9 I get a popup about EDDF not found in the scenery library' even though it's there!

What to do?

Eytan Ornstein

I also installed the Mega Frankfurt Airport and I encountered the same problem.

There is a confusion beetween runway 07L and runway 07C. In fact FSX has the correct runways with the good data for ILS.

But the documentation of Mega Frankfurt Airport does not mention the runway 07L on the charts, and on the list of runway, and name the 07C runway as 07L. This is Highly confusing. But the runway on the simulation is correctly named as 07C.

I you land on runway 07L, you will have a road with vehicules crossing the runway.

I think that the runway 07L appearing on simulation is the one of FSX.

I also ask : What to do ?

Henri Tiédrez

• Deputy Sheriffs

Henri,

please be aware of the fact, that at the time when Mega Airport Frankfurt was released, there was no 3rd runway and therefore it can not be included in the documentation and charts valid at that time.

The available update that gives you the new runway is just a hotfix until there will be an overhauled version of EDDF.

Henri,

please be aware of the fact, that at the time when Mega Airport Frankfurt was released, there was no 3rd runway and therefore it can not be included in the documentation and charts valid at that time.

The available update that gives you the new runway is just a hotfix until there will be an overhauled version of EDDF.

Otto,

I have noted your answer.

Do I understand that the new 3rd runway (07L) is just added on the software, but without the correct field around ?

When traffic propse to land on runway 07L, do I understand to land on 07C in fact ?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Henri

You didn't address me, but ...

- 07L/25R appears as a third runway in the airport scenery. There are taxiways, too, but this construction isn't completely integrated (issues remaining with roads in the vicinity, for example). Certain design features are missing. (Rather a hotfix than a complete update)

- runway numbering has been updated, so the runways show the current numbers - 07R, 07C, 07L, for example

- AFCAD is up to date, too: all six T/Os and landings (direction-wise) can be performed, requested from ATC etc.

- if an aircraft comes with its own nav database, this database has to be updated, too, independently from the airport update. That would be an A/C issue, not an A/P issue.

Otto, Ollie, and Shaun: Does anyone know about how much longer it is going to take for a revised Mega Airport EDDF? We have been waiting a looooonnnng time now. After the "fix", I personally went in and "fixed" several things, such as stopping the Autobahn traffic just ahead of the north overpass taxiway, placing what looks like an underpass on either side of the north overpass taxiway, and restarting the Autobahn traffic just past the "underpass". I was not able to stop the traffic from running over the southern overpass taxiway sufficiently close to overpass to make it appear the same as the north overpass, as FSX forgot that some airports have overpass taxiways and made no allowance for stopping traffic. ADE allows an exclusion box to stop traffic, which I used for the north overpass, but it does not work well on the southern overpass. I also added the missing fire station by RWY 18 and fixed the location of the noise wall and added the missing train tracks between the new runway and the Autobahn. If the programmers want some assistance with the update, let me know <grin> John

After the "fix", I personally went in and "fixed" several things, such as stopping the Autobahn traffic just ahead of the north overpass taxiway, placing what looks like an underpass on either side of the north overpass taxiway, and restarting the Autobahn traffic just past the "underpass". I was not able to stop the traffic from running over the southern overpass taxiway sufficiently close to overpass to make it appear the same as the north overpass, as FSX forgot that some airports have overpass taxiways and made no allowance for stopping traffic. [...]

Well. You were not able to stop the traffic at exactly which twy?

I have never tried to change a software that I have bought. Because I know the difference between EDDF freeware v7 and payware.

Do you know the disadvantages of the EDDF freeware v7?

Archived