No height callouts/Retard

Hi

Enjoy this airbus, and all flights I do are going ok, but I dont get any call outs of heights on approach or the retard call out, all the rest is working checklist mostly work. I have to click on Copilot on a couple of time to clear it when it hangs. Some times they read the Pressure as just the first three digits and not all four thats both PF an NPF, in this mornings flight there was just silence for pressures, no verbal read out at all. I am on Windows 7 64bit

I have tried a re install and get the same results

But still enjoying this AIrbus

Well done on a good product thats getting better all the time, the New Fuel/ load config program is much better

Derek

Hi Derek,

Just to make sure, did you select the ENH sound options on in your Right MCDU/Sounds/ page? It is the LSK 4 option on that page.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Derek,

if there are no calls (even that you set the ENH GWPS to ON) then the only reason I can imagine is that the sound files are missing or not availbale in the right directory. So please check if the follwoing files are available in the FSX Main Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC\ASC_AIRBUSX_005, 010, 020, 030, 040, 050, 060, 070, 100, 200, 300 400, 500, 1000, 2500.wav ........

Hanse

Hi Hanse

Yes the files are all there in the right place exactly as you said and they all play correctly too , if I double click on them, I hear the callouts and retard message, which in flight I have never heard

would you like me to check anything else?

Derek

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Derek,

check your FSX - SETTINGS - SOUND = are all 4 "Volume Level" sliders app. at 50 %?

Hanse

Hi Hanse

Yes, just rechecked all 4 sliders are at 50%. I did try a uninstall and re install last week but same results, my system is windows 7 64 bit, user accounts are off and every program as run as admin set. i hear all the checklist, but I do get another weird effect sometimes when they are check pressures they only call out three digits and repeat three digit check ie 1013 read out as 101 and 101 check., other times it is all read correct 1013. I hav also had where they have set alltitude set and no readback by either of them and then the checklist continues. Hope these extra bits of information help you

Derek

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Derek,

I talked to some other guys in our team about your problem. We believe that this is not a problem of the program but a problem connected to your system - as until now you are the only one who reported this problem. Maybe your sound card has not anough channels to play all the various sounds at once or it is a problem of the driver - maybe you try to update it .......Otherwise we have no idea how we could help you with this problem.....

Hanse

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card & Headphone Ampifier, OEM

Read 15 reviews

ico_3XSApproved.pngico_NextDay416.pngThis is my sound card and driver is upto date, could it be a memory issue do I need more RAM, something, dont understand why I hear most of the soundsm I hear the coughing the annoucements and most of the checklist with some gaps of silience

Derek

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also have no clue what the problem could be, never experienced something like this.

But another idea:

I'm sure your motherboard got a onboard soundcard. Enable this one, change the according settings in Windows and FSX and see if something changes.

Oh and could you post a screenshot of your soundsettings in FSX

And btw: IMHO an additional sound card doesn't give you any benefit.

Hi

We have fixed the problem, went into FSX sound settings to take a shot for the forum post and all sliders are set to 50% but then notice the two device setting box set to default snd device, changed both to the sound card fitted, which were in the list and thats it all working.

Had the computer 12 months and never had any need to change the default settings as it allworked, till your great AIRBUS.

Happy Now

Thanks for guiding me to the answer

Derek

Hi

Thought I had fixed it, as I seem to hear more on checklist. ie engine start up and stablised, etc., but on landing on a flight this morning, still no callouts on landing, will try the motherboard sound card and report findings

Derek

Archived