Mega Airport Rome: What is that?

beatair

Guys,

the only reason for poor performance is... textures format. A lot of them are DTX1/DXT3 with NO ALPHA. I can email you my texture set wich is completly reformatted and you can feel the difference.

Or I can upload tx set to the download section if it will be ok for Aerosoft.

Also you CAN edit AFCAD with no problems. As me.

The main problem is not the performance: I know that resolves as you did! ;-)

But Aerosoft or someonelse have to do it in a service pack: not you, or me, or us!

The problem is the terrible quality of the textures, the ugliness of the buildings.

The runways and taxiways, except for many errors, are sufficient.

But there are dozens of things done wrong everything!

at least, yes, the afcad is editable.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think beatair has pretty well summed up the situation. I don't expect to buy any commercial software and then edit it to make it usable.

Now don't get me wrong I have not yet expirienced all the issues raised thus far but the nature and degree of problem does call for some action from the publisher.

With all due respect to Mathijs, for who I do have a lot of respect, it does beg the question, 'what was it that Aerosoft found that delayed release initially?'.

I do not believe that the developer or Aerosoft would conciously release a flawed product so we have to ask what has happened here?

As in all customer/supplier the worst situation is silence from the supplier whilst customers vent off unabated. We need a statement from Aerosoft, as in the DEX situation, to inform us what Aerosoft is doing, if anything, to answer our issues.

Kelvin

(off soap box)

I know Cornel won't read this, because he refuses to communicate with the community via the Aerosoft forums, but let me all show you something:

This is the FREE Rome scenery from ISD, it was released back in 2005. LIRF 2005 was even converted for use in FSX. Let these pictures speak for themselves:

LIRF1.jpg

LIRF2.jpg

This is 2013 and you just can't slap some generic textures from cgtextures.com on some buildings and sell it for €25. Cornel has to change his techniques drastically (I have to be truthful here: Cornel's ground poly's look pretty awesome). I know this because I have turned EHAM inside out, reverse engineering it and I have the knowledge to make these claims. Selling this in 2013 isn't just. Don't get me started on the apparent FSX version, I think it will be just as bad as the EHAM port-over.

Mathijs, I hope to hear from you as soon as time permits.

Oliver, it seems that you are in good contact with Cornel as he used be with SimWings. Could you discuss the matter with him?

Note: Are these your screenshots?

If not, please give credits to their author.

I have this problems:

1) Poor very poor graphics.

2) Signs on the taxiways.

3) Bouncing aircraft on rwy 16L.

4) No safe docks at the gates.

5) Its like I had two sceneries working ( twice PAPI lights, the same with taxi lines,...)

6) From I installed Mega Airport Rome, nothing works correctly in my fs9.

7) I spend 25 e

I have this problems:

1) Poor very poor graphics.

2) Signs on the taxiways.

3) Bouncing aircraft on rwy 16L.

4) No safe docks at the gates.

5) Its like I had two sceneries working ( twice PAPI lights, the same with taxi lines,...)

6) From I installed Mega Airport Rome, nothing works correctly in my fs9.

7) I spend 25 e

Hi,

Have you installed Orio al Serio 2013 freeware scenery?

I had the same problems for above scenery installed in fs9. In this scenery, the author has enclose some bgl files from ISD lirf scenery.

Remove and solve all

cheers

Roberto

thanks roberto: nice call!!!!

really could not imagine people could use old lirf .bgls in the lime area!!!! i have indeed that scenery installed and i'm going to remove it tomorrow when back at home...i'll report about this: maybe some performance issue could be related to it and not to the developer!

thanks again

filippo

To those of you who had the ISD LIRF previously installed and then removed it to use with the new LIRF by FSDF.

Remember that after removing the main folders from your Addon Scenery (ISDproject - LIRF2005 and ISDproject - landclass_rome), there is probably still one important file left which may cause conflicts.

It is called AP951170.bgl and it replaced the default file for LIRF, located in the Scenery\Eurw\Scenery folder.

As I do not own the new LIRF, I cannot tell you if replacing it with the original one (also available in the ISD LIRF addon zip) will solve some problems. But I would definitely try.

For those of you who had the ISD LIRF previously installed and then removed it to use with the new LIRF by FSDF.

Remember that after removing the main folders from your Addon Scenery (ISDproject - LIRF2005 and ISDproject - landclass_rome), there is probably still one important file left which may cause conflicts.

It is called AP951170.bgl and it replaced the default file for LIRF, located in the Scenery\Eurw\Scenery folder.

As I do not own the new LIRF, I cannot tell you if replacing it with the original one (also available in the ISD LIRF addon zip) will solve some problems. But I would definitely try.

... and don't forget to back-up the old one ;)

To those of you who had the ISD LIRF previously installed and then removed it to use with the new LIRF by FSDF.

Having said that ... the pictures I posted are with. bgl FS2004 native (not the replacement of ISD) and I've never installed the landclass_rome still ISD ...

What should change?

Nothing!

An eventual "step" on some rwy ...?

Even LIRN napulevola changes in the bgl eurw, and I think many others sceneries too.

At this point the best thing would be to try everything flat, on fs9 clean: already did!

same problems...

The 'original one' is the 'old one'.

just to help... u can find it in some cd of fs2004: it's surely the native one. ;-)

maybe - i'm not sure - in FS9\disc3\ MSGAME8.cab: but try with a local search.

I was user of LIRF 2005 ISD. I deleted it (why?, why?, why?). I put the original AP951170.bgl . But nothing works correctly.

In the LIRF aerosoft secenery, are there some buldozers working???

I think some files still running from ISD.

How can I delete?

Thank you.

In the LIRF aerosoft secenery, are there some buldozers working?

I don't know (I don't have the new LIRF scenery), but I don't think so.

However they were (yellow AFAIR) nicely working in the ISD addon.

To remove the scenery completely depends on how you installed it. The standard installation was:

1. Addon Scenery\ISDproject - landclass_rome (with a sole Scenery folder containing 16 bgl files)

2. Addon Scenery\ISDproject - LIRF2005 (with both Scenery and Texture folders)

3. Scenery\Eurw\Scenery\AP951170.bgl

These two folders (1&2) should be removed and deactivated in the Scenery Library.

The AP951170.bgl (3) should also be removed, however the original one must be restored.

EDIT: I have removed my ISD just like I described above. I have just had a flight around and saw no buldozers, double taxi signs, or any other remnants of ISD. Just the default LIRF.

.........So if you have anything left, you need to check how and where you installed the scenery. Just redownload the pack, see the file names inside and search through your sim to make sure.

update.

today i conpletely removed the freeware LIME 2013 which indeed had some bgls from isd lirf inside its scenery folder.

but....no luck....still very BAD performance...LOT of stutters on short final which makes flying in a full cockpit like mine a nightmare.

still double taxi signs....where do they come from?????? no other lirf in my fs9.

very sad still not to hear anyone from aerosoft explaining this.

i still hope

regards

filippo

It is now five days since the beginning of this post, and there was no reply from any member Aerosoft.

Sadly believe that Aerosoft is definitely losing its credibility...

no words...

• Deputy Sheriffs

mari8it, your posts aren't deleted (edit: at the time I wrote this), they were hidden by one or more of the deputy sheriffs. The purpose of these forums is to share problems and solutions, not toss insults around. When your posts contribute to helping to solve problems, you'll find they won't be hidden.

We moderate this topic - please look at your language and for problems contact support@aerosoft.com

Greets

Fabian

Good morning Fabian.

Simply a question: Somebody is looking for a solution?? Because here you are a lot of good customers and after 2 weeks nobody from aerosoft announce a solution, like payback, a patch, gift, compensation,...

While waiting for the update, can anyone report how the AI traffic works? Do AI airplanes takeoff from runway 25 and land on runways 16 or 34, as it is in real life? Thanks.

Hi Fabian,

Unless I'm mistaken you recent comment that the developer is working on an update is the first time this has been mentioned. I note that earlier it was stated that you had passed issues to the developer. So I can only hope that this indicates a major upgrade is in the pipeline.

Many thanks Fabian for letting us know this.

regards

Kelvin

Archived