Mega Airport Rome: What is that?

beatair

After a lot of anguished waiting I immediately bought mega Rome just released for fs9 that is the simulator I use.

Ok 24.99 euro on simmarket, not a little, but I was really hoping it was worth doing.

The downloaded version is updated (Can I really say updated?) to V101.

Well ... I'm really very disappointed!

Major errors, inaccuracies and quality of work very shallow and poor.

I'll post some screenshots, but they are only a few details of the many inaccuracies and ugliness of this scenery.

And is just daylight!

I really hope very huge upgrades in the next future .

The product not only not worth the price, but is at the level of an average freeware.

25 euro for this stuff is pure madness!

Very disappointed with Aerosoft, really!

I hope you'll repair as soon as possible!

Good work!

my configuration

GEFORCE GTX650 OC 2GB PCX

INTEL COREI5-3470 3.2GHz 6MB sk1155

I think it's quite

post-78537-0-33973000-1362094178_thumb.j

post-78537-0-80769800-1362094205_thumb.j

post-78537-0-45641200-1362094214_thumb.j

post-78537-0-06541300-1362094220_thumb.j

post-78537-0-78396000-1362094274_thumb.j

post-78537-0-13680500-1362094295_thumb.j

post-78537-0-83051500-1362094300_thumb.j

post-78537-0-21381000-1362094309_thumb.j

post-78537-0-33121500-1362094316_thumb.j

post-78537-0-50878100-1362094325_thumb.j

post-78537-0-85839100-1362094332_thumb.j

post-78537-0-80930600-1362094339_thumb.j

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also noticed those same issues, including poor FPS, and that's with no AI's loaded whatsoever. In this particular scenery (Rome), my FPS is running at 4, and the refresh rate is extremely poor! :confused_s:

Incredible...

It's also incredible that the AI parkings can't be changed!!!! I don't have the scenery (I use FSX), but I have seen pics with Alitalia airplanes parked in the cargo area (the building south of runway 34R)! I don't ask that the developer be bothered in assigning every single parking, but at least leave the users the possibility of doing that themselves!

The fixed fingers are also horrible, I really, really hope that the developer will make this scenery (and the FSX one that should follow) compatible with AES, so that those ugly static fingers can be replaced by the working AES ones.

I have also seen that a tremendously ugly aircraft is parked at the satellite, and that Alitalia has no longer since 2002! A B747! Ok, that is a bgl file that can be removed, I was told (hoping that it does not include other static airport objects).

Last, but not least, very important indeed, I see that they did not correct a mistake that I highlighted months ago, when the first screenshots were posted: the fingers coming out of the windows. I was told off by Mathijs about that, he said that I could not write "mistake", since the scenery was still in a beta phase...

post-19486-0-72816800-1362126281_thumb.j

to add something,

i have a i7 @4ghz 8gb ram 1600mhz ssd drive gtx 670.....enough to run p3d smooth as silk in EVERY scenery (yes also AS manhattan x).

of course my FS9 runs more than smooth in EVERY addonn airport i have, and i've many believe me most from aerosoft: with rome i get the worst performace of all...even if i have fps when on final no way not to have stutters....something i really was not used to with FS9. no other sceneries give this problem, to name a few: manhattan, lowi, eham to name only aerosoft products.

there's another unbelievable FACT: wrong ILS freq (old of at least 5 years or more as reported in another 3d) for rwys 34R and 25!!!!!!!!!

i think this is not fair from a scenery developer and a serious software house like aerosoft is!

wrong freq happened also when bari X was released but corrected in few days!

i strongly hope aerosoft can do something quick to solve this issues!

best regards from an old aerosoft customer

fil

I stopped buying Aerosoft airports after the nonsense with performance at Amsterdam. I now always wait to hear feedback, but sadly, it seems there are more negative things being said about their sceneries than ever before. Very sad... BTW: If Orbx can produce simply stunning airports, with such beautiful textures and animation, then surely Aerosoft should be able to actually match them.

Hello,

we forward this to the Developer.

I guess he will fix picture 01 and 08 but at last some of these are just about bad textures that i think wont be changed in a upcoming fs2004 Version.

Btw picture 12 is a bit strange, not only the airport is grey ... also the surrounding (standard fs2004) how much ram do you have?

Greets

Fabian

hi fabian,

no mention of the very bad overall performance?

and what about the ils freq???

that is very basic and part of the planning stage of a project....to develop it using updated charts!

....i won't comment about all this topic removed one hour ago...then magically reappeared after i posted a topic asking infos about this behaviour.

regards

fil

Hi,

well on performance we dont see issues here atm (in fs2004 performance problems? Over 60FPS here.).

On the ILS Freq. for 34R and 25., (25 changed on dec. 2012 and the 34R on 10. Jan. this year, the dev didnt take notice of it)

We ll also forward this.

(And try to get a hotfix for that asap)

Greets

Fabian

Hello,

we forward this to the Developer.

I guess he will fix picture 01 and 08 but at last some of these are just about bad textures that i think wont be changed in a upcoming fs2004 Version.

Btw picture 12 is a bit strange, not only the airport is grey ... also the surrounding (standard fs2004) how much ram do you have?

Greets

Fabian

8gb RAM on a xp sp3, so I know I can use about only 3gb but it's absolutely enough for the need!

The surrounding you've said is that of the lirf scenery: if u see the rest it's ok with the colours!

It's a known sort of eatingmemory with old bgl assemblment: it was years that I can't see that.

thanks for the reply fabian ! ;-)

Can't believe this answer!

I can not believe this answer!

you are definitely losing your credibility!

But fabian ... anyway...

if you sell a product so low, you should first check and then sell it at a very low price.

FlyTampa are by far the best sell for less!

I wonder why this scenary has not developed directly by Aerosoft!

thanks again fabian!

from what i know those ILS freq changed well before dec 2012 but this is not the point if your going to fix them it is ok.

about performances i'm not only talking about fps...fps is not the only perf meter: since i own a double seat training cockpit i look just at smoothness: consider i don't use any addon plane and have on my 3 screens only the forward outside view. consider also all your other airports i own run silk smooth....this stutter happens only while on final, any rwy, in rome fiumicino.

others reported in other topics about textures not having the alpha channel....and they manually changed them....i'm not looking to do it by myself on a payware airport...hope the developer can address and fix also this!

all the best

fil

others reported in other topics about textures not having the alpha channel....and they manually changed them....i'm not looking to do it by myself on a payware airport...hope the developer can address and fix also this!

all the best

fil

absolutely UP!

it's a shame that customers have to do the work of developers!!!!

the show reminds me of the drama with mega apt EHAM. Still waiting for the last updates there. The developer might become a busy man with all these updates...Is it going well with Aerosoft ? It seems to me that you are in serious trouble when you start a new project with the people that even didn't finish correctly a former one.

Tompie

I may have to take back the first words of the initial response to the release...

Mathijs, could you please issue a more technical explanation of a repetition of a previous Cornel-affaire? (Maybe via PM?)

In my opinion, it is time to come clean with your customers. I admire the open attitude of Aerosoft when it comes to certain things (the excellent handling of DEX comes to mind), but please adres this.

I have to admit, it actually looks pretty good for an FS9 scenery. I can see that Cornel made great strides, when we compare LIFR to EHAM. I am truly horrified by the fact that this will once again be a port-over to FSX. You absolutely can not do this in 2013. I fear for files compiled by FS9 compilers for the FSX version, 512x512 low res texture sheets, outdated design techniques for the ground poly, missing ambient occlusion and shadow baking.

It shows once again that the old generation of developers can not keep up with the technical innovation that other teams in the business accomplish (FSdreamteam, A-Flight, FSDG, 29Palms, FlightBeam). I am afraid that the proverb is true: you can't learn old dogs new tricks.

I do have the utmost respect for Cornel, he brought the hobby many great things. I am not saying I can do better, far from it. I'm just saying that this is not worth the high-end branding it gets and I'm just stating my concerns...

I also find it very worrying that a veteran in the field, who was once at the absolute top of scenery development, could make such a mistake. He has done it many times before, why is LIRF different? Same is true for the awkward texture bug that has been found. Of course, mistakes happen, but such things should have been discovered during quality control.

Mathijs, could you please issue a statement on the (technical) matter? To make sure that this won't be like EHAM all over again. You can not afford such a case after DEX, I my honest opinion...

SunSkyJet has a WIP (KDTW). They're the ones who did Philly Intl (KPHL) for FSX & FS9...Observe the quality of the textures in comparison to this Rome scenery. And their sceneries are FreeWare!

post-72594-0-08572300-1362193091_thumb.j

post-72594-0-98290600-1362193095_thumb.j

post-72594-0-93479900-1362193099_thumb.j

post-72594-0-97821600-1362193102_thumb.j

post-72594-0-44209500-1362193107_thumb.j

absolutely UP!

it's a shame that customers have to do the work of developers!!!!

Can You tell me your specs? And please tell me, you own Mega Airport Fiumicino fs9. Do you know the word frame rate per second? So, please compare Fiumicino fs9 default (before you've installed the Mega Airport) with MA Fiumicino.

I know, that payware AddOns have an impact on our fps. But you DO have to compare the frames by using

a) the same aircraft as what you always fly and what you are using since one year (this is my recommendation)

b_) fs9 default airport before fs9 payware airport.

So, what is your a/c, and what are your fps on LIRF fs9 default. I would help you just in a moment, but I only fly fsx since a couple of time. And I wonder about something, like you do. MA LIRF fs9 is available, and MA LIRF fsx is not available? :(

Please help your fellow fs9 users with a little more details.

Edit: And please tell me, when have you bought Mega Airport Fiumicino fs9? It is not available since 21 days because the first day of sale was when? You have a calendar. It is available since 18 days.

I was not able to write a review of Mega Airport EDDL fsx after the first 18 days, but you are sure about MA Fiumicino fs9 and all of its runways?

So why don't you write a review, Aerosoft gives you the space to do that. As I've mentioned, I can not do that, I don't use fs9. Imho, in the 'Radio Chatter Room', you can tell us about your experience with MA LIRF fs9. But let me at least give you one advice. A good review needs the system specifications of the reviewer.

don't wanna talk for betair.

but i think my rig can be a good base for comparisons since, having a full 737 cockpit, i don't load the fs pc with heavy payware aircrafts, i fly always the same aircraft and on my monitors i have only the forward external view (no heavy panels). so my rig ( and it's a powerful one, i7@4ghz 8gb ddr3 1600mhz gpu gtx670 ssd drive) is loaded only with scenery.

i'm sorry to say but i have high and steady FPS (60locked) everywhere in the world under the same weather (as eham, as manhattan, as lowi, fsdt kjfk, flytampa vhhx, and before installing as lirf of course also in lago lirf) the problem is that with as lirf the frames drop a lot.

u're wrong stating performance are compare using only FPS....in my ecperience and many cockpit builders' ones fps are just numbers....the MOST important thing when flying is SMOOTHNESS...for example in fsx u can have low fps but smooth (good) or high fps but stutters (bad).

well i made a test flight approaching ALL the rwys in as lirf....when on final i had horrible stutters never experienced in fs9....the worst stutter were on final rwy 25 (even if hardly used in fiumicino...but i wanted to test).

so this is about performance and stutters.

do u want to talk about the 2 wrong ils frequencies????? believe me i live in rome and fly to lirf: those freq were changed well before dec 2012.....just check AIP or jeppesen charts of the past.

regards

fil

I stopped buying Aerosoft airports after the nonsense with performance at Amsterdam. I now always wait to hear feedback, but sadly, it seems there are more negative things being said about their sceneries than ever before. Very sad... BTW: If Orbx can produce simply stunning airports, with such beautiful textures and animation, then surely Aerosoft should be able to actually match them.

Not all of the scenery they sell are crap but I too think that this Rome scenery is overpriced and of poor quality.

25€ is the price for a Flytampa airport, and this doesn't even come clise to their quality.

Too bad, my wait for a good Fiumicino scenery is stil ongoing, hopefully Fsdreamteam will do it.

David

Too bad, my wait for a good Fiumicino scenery is stil ongoing, hopefully Fsdreamteam will do it.

I don't think they are going to, at least it was not in their plans until few months ago. I also had a kind of argument with Umberto, because I told him that it was a shame that nr. 1 Italian scenery developer did not develop ANY italian scenery, while Aerosoft, that is German, covered all Germany with their quality sceneries.

I am sorry for Aerosoft, that has always provided wonderful sceneries; in my opinion they did a big mistake in relying on Dreamfactory Studio for such "difficult" sceneries as LIRF and EHAM.

i'd like to state again: i'm an happy aerosoft customer and i like aerosoft products, otherwise i wouldn't have bought so many of them!

i fly with wonderful performances on ALL of them....BUT lirf.

i just hope they can bring lirf to the level of the others.

regards

fil

Guys,

the only reason for poor performance is... textures format. A lot of them are DTX1/DXT3 with NO ALPHA. I can email you my texture set wich is completly reformatted and you can feel the difference.

Or I can upload tx set to the download section if it will be ok for Aerosoft.

Also you CAN edit AFCAD with no problems. As me.

So, dear Ruhrpilot07 ...

I do not know who you are, but your answer, or rather, your questions are very misleading.

I'll answer then step by step ...

Can You tell me your specs? And please tell me, you own Mega Airport Fiumicino fs9. Do you know the word frame rate per second? So, please compare Fiumicino fs9 default (before you've installed the Mega Airport) with MA Fiumicino.

my configuration is at the end of the first post: you have not seen?

I know perfectly the word fps: over ten years of flight.

I know, that payware AddOns have an impact on our fps. But you DO have to compare the frames by using

a) the same aircraft as what you always fly and what you are using since one year (this is my recommendation)

b_) fs9 default airport before fs9 payware airport.

to test the fps of a scenary I always use the plane with less impact: in this case the cessna default, and without visualization of the cockpit (triple W on cockpit view, not VC!) just to have the impact on fps practically zero.

The difference between the default LIRF and the MA I I don't care: until a few days ago I was flying on the beautiful and free(!!!) from ISD even if continuously modified by myself with custom additions, updates on afcad and much more for my personal use.

However, the difference of impact on fps by this one (which is infinitely more than the default!) is an abyss!

Edit: And please tell me, when have you bought Mega Airport Fiumicino fs9? It is not available since 21 days because the first day of sale was when? You have a calendar. It is available since 18 days.

I bought LIRF MA on Thursday 28 February, 2013 on Simmarket, but the details are sensitive information (already secured for safety to my lawyer like for everything I bought online!)

are at the complete disposal of Aerosoft, not for you.

I was not able to write a review of Mega Airport EDDL fsx after the first 18 days, but you are sure about MA Fiumicino fs9 and all of its runways?

If you take 18 days to review it's your problem not mine!

So why don't you write a review, Aerosoft gives you the space to do that. As I've mentioned, I can not do that, I don't use fs9. Imho, in the 'Radio Chatter Room', you can tell us about your experience with MA LIRF fs9.

If this is a formal request for the review I can: but it's absolutely not good for Aerosoft!

But let me at least give you one advice. A good review needs the system specifications of the reviewer.

As already written up, my specs were and still at the end of the first post!

Greets

Archived