Seahawk beacon lights look strange

alek87

Good day to everyone!

I've just bought the Seahawk and during the initial 'walkaround' noticed a strange thing - the beacons (both in day and night modes) are flashing too slowly for a rotating beacon and for a gas-discharge lamp. They flash like red warning lights on top of high buildings in FS scenery.

I looked through the [lights] section in aircraft.cfg, but could not find any strings associated to beacon lights.

Please kindly advise whether it is done for realism - whether real Seahawks have so strange beacons. And whether I can somehow make them flash faster (maybe by assigning default MSFS beacon effects to Seahawk lights).

P.S. I have P IV 3 GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600 256 MB VRAM; overall fps is satisfactory, so it should not be the issue.

Thank you very much beforehand.

Best regards,

Alexey

• Aerosoft
Good day to everyone!

I've just bought the Seahawk and during the initial 'walkaround' noticed a strange thing - the beacons (both in day and night modes) are flashing too slowly for a rotating beacon and for a gas-discharge lamp. They flash like red warning lights on top of high buildings in FS scenery.

I looked through the [lights] section in aircraft.cfg, but could not find any strings associated to beacon lights.

Please kindly advise whether it is done for realism - whether real Seahawks have so strange beacons. And whether I can somehow make them flash faster (maybe by assigning default MSFS beacon effects to Seahawk lights).

P.S. I have P IV 3 GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600 256 MB VRAM; overall fps is satisfactory, so it should not be the issue.

Thank you very much beforehand.

Best regards,

Alexey

We used the default light fx, same as on most aircraft as far as I know, but I will have a look at it this week.

Dear Mathjiskok, thank you for reply.

Please advise what string(s) in aircraft.cfg is(are) responsible for beacons. I could not find them in [lights] section.

By the way, I've noticed that frequency of flashes is different when the helicopter is in the air and when it is standing on the ground.

Best regards,

Alexey

• Aerosoft
Dear Mathjiskok, thank you for reply.

Please advise what string(s) in aircraft.cfg is(are) responsible for beacons. I could not find them in [lights] section.

By the way, I've noticed that frequency of flashes is different when the helicopter is in the air and when it is standing on the ground.

Best regards,

Alexey

You are right. They are incorporated in the model, and not loaded from the aircraft.cfg. I'll try to find out if they can be manipulated in any way, but that will take a while as it is not easy to reach the developer.

Meanwhile I just wanted to ask the community - did anyone else mention that beacons (both white and red) are flashing very irregularily in the air and very slowly on the ground? Or it is my local problem?

Best regards,

Alexey

I am sorry for importunity - this is really a minor issue, but the model is so good, that it is almost the only one thing that prevents it from being perfect.

That's why I was just wondering whether it is my local bug hence I should change smth. in my system/software, or should I be patient and wait for a fix from developers.

Best regards,

Alexey

• 2 months later...

I just got the Seahawk yesterday. Noticed that the strobes weren't strobes, looked bad compared to the rest of the product.

Anyhow, you can edit the aircraft.cfg like this to make the strobes flash like other airplanes:

light.0 = 3, 6.60, -4.58, -0.65, fx_navred ,

light.1 = 3, 6.60, 4.58, -0.65, fx_navgre ,

light.2 = 4, -2.00, 0.00, 2.40, fx_SHlight ,

light.3 = 4, 0.50, 0.00, 2.40, fx_SHlight ,

light.4 = 5, 11.7, 1.4, -0.75, fx_landing ,

light.5 = 5, 11.7, -1.4, -0.75, fx_landing ,

light.6 = 4, 9.60, 0.0, 2.65, fx_SHlight ,

light.7 = 1, -31.55, 0.0, 10.1, fx_beacon ,

light.8 = 1, -15.0, 0.0, -1, fx_beacon ,

light.9 = 2, -31.55, 0.0, 10.1, fx_strobe ,

light.10 = 2, -15.0, 0.0, -1, fx_strobe ,

The only problem is the default cheezy blinking white/red dots still blink over the newly added beacon/strobes.

Is there a texture file for the default blinking colors? Perhaps repainting them white or erasing the alpha will make them disappear.

Thanks,

Pat