Radio problem

jfri

I sometimes experience this problem with the radio. After tuning a frequency and opening the ATC menue nothing happens when making a selection. No voice no response. If I load another aircraft things works as intended. This problem is not always there and I don't see during which circumstances it surface. I tried to reset the plane but that didn't help.

I would double check that the radio frequency is correct in the stack. It needs to be spot on for you to use the default FSX ATC, since automatic radio tuning doesn't happen. Just to confirm there's an issue, attach a screenshot of your radio stack and your open ATC window just to verify the freqs match.

I would double check that the radio frequency is correct in the stack. It needs to be spot on for you to use the default FSX ATC, since automatic radio tuning doesn't happen. Just to confirm there's an issue, attach a screenshot of your radio stack and your open ATC window just to verify the freqs match.

The radio frequency is correct. Have also noted that the NAV radios don't work as intended when this problem surface.

post-1195-0-53089000-1362352681_thumb.jp

Hi jifri,

Can you specify your problem a bit more detailed? What do you mean with sometimes? Sometimes right from the start or sometimes during a fligt after a certain amount of time? Does it happen only with the general "Traffic" frequency (maybe there is no airfield in reach of your radio on the frequency?) or with other frequencies, too?

If I understand you correctly, you manually select the frequency on the radio and then switch to the ATC window, right? Did you cross-check the ATC window fore nearest airfields and the corresponding frequency listed there? (Just to make sure that the old FSX uses that same frequency?)

Are you operating the Katana radio in simple or realistic mode? Which version of the Katana 4X are you using?

I only lost my radio once due to a failure in the electrics compartment but that could be fixed with normal maintenance...

Hi jifri,

Can you specify your problem a bit more detailed? What do you mean with sometimes? Sometimes right from the start or sometimes during a fligt after a certain amount of time? Does it happen only with the general "Traffic" frequency (maybe there is no airfield in reach of your radio on the frequency?) or with other frequencies, too?

If I understand you correctly, you manually select the frequency on the radio and then switch to the ATC window, right? Did you cross-check the ATC window fore nearest airfields and the corresponding frequency listed there? (Just to make sure that the old FSX uses that same frequency?)

Are you operating the Katana radio in simple or realistic mode? Which version of the Katana 4X are you using?

I only lost my radio once due to a failure in the electrics compartment but that could be fixed with normal maintenance...

With sometimes I mean the radio won't work at the start of the flight when I try use the radios for the first time in that fly session and not after flying a while. I was at the airport S45 during above screenshot. Before tuning the frequence the ATC menue gave an option to tune 122.7 MHz for S45 traffic and after manually doing that the ATC menue lists my options for that frequence like usually. So obviously the frequence is correctly tuned for the airport I'm situated at.

I use realistic mode for radios. My Katana 4X version is 1.03a. Inspection did not reveal any faulty radios.

There is an update available for the Katana 4X to version 1.04. Perhaps that update fixes your problem, too.

I hardly ever used the realistic mode of the Katana 4X radio as I prefer to use my Saitek Radio Panel, thus I don't have much experience with the Katana radio in realistic setting.

If the problem continues after applying the V1.04 patch, this should be addressed to the developer.

There is an update available for the Katana 4X to version 1.04. Perhaps that update fixes your problem, too.

I hardly ever used the realistic mode of the Katana 4X radio as I prefer to use my Saitek Radio Panel, thus I don't have much experience with the Katana radio in realistic setting.

If the problem continues after applying the V1.04 patch, this should be addressed to the developer.

Is V1.04 already released. Where can I download it ? I don't find any place to do it.

Sure, version 1.04 was release some months ago... - I downloaded the update in September 2012.

You can find it the usual way which works for all Aerosoft products:

Download-Version:

You can find all updates via your Account history. Just log into your account and look for your Katana purchase. In the details the most current version is listed for download. Just uninstall the old version (all settings and history will be kept!) and install the new version - et voilà, you're done. Please note that the registration key is required for the installation of the update, too!

Boxed-Version:

Register your boxed version first with the valid CD-Key - provided you didn't register yet - and then check for updates. Download the required update(s) and proceed as described above.

Sure, version 1.04 was release some months ago... - I downloaded the update in September 2012.

You can find it the usual way which works for all Aerosoft products:

Download-Version:

You can find all updates via your Account history. Just log into your account and look for your Katana purchase. In the details the most current version is listed for download. Just uninstall the old version (all settings and history will be kept!) and install the new version - et voilà, you're done. Please note that the registration key is required for the installation of the update, too!

Boxed-Version:

Register your boxed version first with the valid CD-Key - provided you didn't register yet - and then check for updates. Download the required update(s) and proceed as described above.

When I loaded my saved Katana flight after upgrading to 1.4 the radio problem was still there. I did create a whole new flight with the Katana and then the radio problem was gone, which has happened before. It seem to still be there comes and goes and I don't see why are what are causing it.

Archived