Some weird problem I discovered in SimWings Paris CDG

TC-BUG

Yesterday,I did a short hop from Gatwick to CDG.I had my final approach on runway 27L,touched down,and vacated the runway.After exit,my aircraft's nose went deep down into ground and sank and it crashed.I disable crash and on the very same spot this time the aircraft jumps high into air then falls back.That's so disturbing.

I had similar crash problems on non-scenery airports and I thought something happened to my fs9.Well then tried deactivating the Simwings CDG and again landed on 27L and vacated via same exit and this time no sinking to ground or crashes.It kept taxiing normally.So when deactivating worked,I came into thinking that there's something wrong with the scenery.I tried with all kinds of aircraft;payware,default,general aviation and happened for all of them.Well here's the exit I am talking about,it is the 6th exit from the piano keys,exit next to the underground train.Well looked up for the taxiway sign but couldn't find which :

crash27bd.jpg

crash11vj.jpg

crash30ze.jpg

crash46qy.jpg

crash57vr.jpg

crash66uh.jpg

crash72cm.jpg

crash86dw.jpg

crash91ja.jpg

Can you please check out this taxiway on your scenery whether there's the same problem or if this is just caused by my fs.Thank you for helping...

Ok did that uninstall/reinstall thingy.Not working for me.

Anyway I guess I'll remind myself not to use 27L for landing,or not to use that exit :).Thank you for your help.

• Aerosoft
Ok did that uninstall/reinstall thingy.Not working for me.

Anyway I guess I'll remind myself not to use 27L for landing,or not to use that exit :).Thank you for your help.

Ho ho, not so fast, I really like to see this solved. I'll have the simwings folks have a look at this.

Btw, now it is more clear to me, why the cabin crew always insist to stay in your seat with the seatbelts fastened until the aircraft comes to a complete stop!

Hello Bugra,

I checked over at the Sim-Wings forum and there were 2 similar cases to this at the point you mention.

Please can you make sure that the AFCAD for the scenery is the priority 3rd party afcad and that no others may be being used.

You can check the afcads as instructed in this post here to check if you have more than one 3rd party afcad.

• 1 month later...

hello again.Sorry it took a little more than I expected.I downloaded the afcad program and took lfpg afcad for search.The spot I fell in had a problem.Unlike the other taxiways,the taxiway there was not linked.As seen here :

afcad18tv.jpg

Then I connected these taxiways,hoping this was the problem for everything :

afcad24st.jpg

afcad37wz.jpg

Well unfortunately,the end was the same :cry: :cry:

afcadandcrash5mv.jpg

So I am starting to think that this has nothing to do with the afcad file.I even downloaded another afcad from avsim and tried that and it wouldn't work.Even if the taxiways weren't linked,it was supposed to see that part as the land and it should continue to taxi like it is a grass runway or something isn't it ? But instead the aircraft seems to fall inside the earth.

Hello Bugra,

Did'nt see that broken taxiway on my AFCAD I'm attaching it so you can download it and try it. If it downloads as a download.php file just rename it to LFPG_AFCAD.zip and it will unzip fine.

Hello Bugra,

Can you try backing up your fs9.cfg to another location then delete the original and let FS9 write a new one on startup, then check again, if that fails dis-able all 3rd party scenery in the scenery library except LFPG. Also check to see if you might have any meshes that cause this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the Simwings CDG and checked it out on my sysyem: I have this problem too. I am able to trace it to the fact that there is a small mesh "hole" at the location of this taxiway right where the plane crashes. You can't "see" the hole because the taxiway texture is covering it but you can tell that it is there because the plane's shadow drops away into the hole when you slew over it.

It's likely caused by the nearby tunnel where the cars are driving on the highway- maybe a piece of the mesh which extends too far.

It's possible the disconnected taxiway in the AFCAD (I see it on my AFCAD- v3.00 included with SimWings, not altered by me) is to prevent aircraft from taxiing here (and crashing) as it is a dead-end to the eyes of ATC.

I think a small flatten is required here to fix it.

Ruahrc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,On my flight simulator (FS2004) I have the same problem but not with add-on programs, I think it was due to add-on aircraft,

Thought Id let u know,

All the best with your problem,

Michael