Opua Marina...

petermcleland

Opua Marina...

I was asked by March over at Mutley's to do a photo pass over the Opua Marina when I got up to the Bay of Islands...Well now I am in the BOI and was also embarrassed to realise that the beach where I am parked is on the wrong island. I soon realised after I looked around that the island was too small to be Urupukapuka...So today I have relocated, but on the way I did do a couple of photo passes over Opua Marina, as requested:-

p3d463.jpg

Here is the marina at Opua.

p3d464.jpg

There also seem to be many anchorages but the water looks a bit rough at the moment and I think they may be a bit uncomfortable.

p3d465.jpg

There seem to be two marinas with the biggest one mainly for private yachts and the smaller one for more commercial craft.

p3d466.jpg

There seem to be many fishing boats down below in the smaller marina.

p3d467.jpg

Well, I couldn't resist a low pass in the opposite direction.

p3d468.jpg

Here are the fishing boats and...

p3d469.jpg

...there are the yachts. Some of them with...

p3d470.jpg

...rather tall masts!

p3d471.jpg

Pulling up to get a bit more clearance and...

p3d472.jpg

...climbing away and turning for Urupukapuka.

p3d473.jpg

The island where I beached before is at the top of this picture. The real Urupukapuka is in the centre of the picture...

p3d474.jpg

With the red cross on the main beach where...

p3d475.jpg

...I am now positioned.

Thanks for looking :)

Hi Peter,

I was once told that the guy who flies with the water rudders down has to pay the next beer! :glare_s:

LOL!...Yes I can imagine that is true...I sometimes do forget to bring them up! Really, it should be done before take-off and they should not go down again till the end of the landing run :)

Archived