Official FS2Crew RAAS Topic

FS2Crew Developer

Dear Airbus Drivers,

As you know, the Airbus X Extended ships with a version of FS2Crew's RAAS add-on, which models Honeywell's Runway Awareness and Advisory System.

This product was developed by FS2Crew, not Aerosoft, so FS2Crew -that's me- is responsible for supporting it.

Please note the following remarks about RAAS:

1. The on-line RAAS manual takes priority over the PDF manual as the on-line manual is updated frequently.

To view the on-line RAAS Manual, please go here:

www.support.fs2crew.com

Select "OTHER PRODUCTS".

2. The version of RAAS that comes with the Airbus X Extended is "locked" to the Airbus X. If you load another aircraft, RAAS will no longer be visible in the FSX/P3D "ADDONS" menu.

If you want a full version of RAAS that works with all aircraft, you will need to purchase an unlocked version from the FS2Crew website.

3. If you already own the full, unlocked Version of RAAS that you purchased from the FS2Crew Website, you can safely install the version of RAAS that ships with the Airbus X Extended.

It won't make any difference. You will still have the full, unlocked version of RAAS.

4. For Support, I generally don't spend much time on the Aerosoft forums, so if you have RAAS questions, please direct them to the RAAS Support forum at Avsim.

http://forum.avsim.n...essional-forum/

Bear in mind though that RAAS has been available for sale for a couple months and has already been updated a couple times. It's a very stable product.

Based on what I've read so far on this forum, the only issue a couple of you have was that the RAAS installer did not add the RAAS entries to the XML.DLL file.

Why that happened in those couple cases I'm not sure. I suspect something was blocking the installer. Note that you can manually add the RAAS entries to your XML.DLL. This is described in the manual.

5. There will be updates for RAAS in the future. We're always working on improving it. When the next version of RAAS is available, we will provide you with a new installer.

Here's a video of RAAS in action in a real Airbus to give you a sense of part of what the unit does...

The voice saying "Approaching Runway 26 Right" is part of RAAS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XCG78GUpIf8

I hope you enjoy your new Airbus X along with RAAS!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I install Aerosoft Airbus Extended I also install RAAS, and got message install succesfull, but when Ioad FSX got a new message Flight Simulator Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-0n) File name: RAAS , so it is unpossible to use RAAS program.

I have try to reinstall but I still got the same message.

• Aerosoft

When I install Aerosoft Airbus Extended I also install RAAS, and got message install succesfull, but when Ioad FSX got a new message Flight Simulator Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-0n) File name: RAAS , so it is unpossible to use RAAS program.

I have try to reinstall but I still got the same message.

We have not seen that one... Could you make us a screenshot?

Uninstalling the Airbus to reinstall ver 1.02, It uninstalled the unlocked version of RAAS. Forcing reinstall. Just wanted to let you know!!

I believe Aerosoft is aware of this issue.

I think they just need to update their installer/uninstaller to correct the issue.

If it happens, just re-install the unlocked version of RAAS. Takes 30 seconds.

Cheers,

After installation of latest version of the AirbusX (to version 1.02c) I get this error - cannot launch FSX! It indicates a problem with RAAS.

I believe this happened with latest 1.02c patch only - the 1.02b was OK!

Any clues?

Thanks

Edmundo

post-15332-0-00866300-1356875623_thumb.j

Today I uninstalled v1.0 of the Airbus, and re installed with the V1.02 installer. The RAAS release that came the first release was uninstalled in the process, but not installed in the new release. How can I fix this?

*edit*

Just after posting this I got an idea and it solved my problem, I found the installer in my temp files. It had obviously just failed to start. :)

Concerning my message above - reinstallation didn´t clear the problem.

Please note that RAASPro was working perfectly before version 1.02 of AirbusX!

Thanks

After installation of latest version of the AirbusX (to version 1.02c) I get this error - cannot launch FSX! It indicates a problem with RAAS.

I believe this happened with latest 1.02c patch only - the 1.02b was OK!

Any clues?

Thanks

Edmundo

I was able to solve this issue. Re-installation of AirbusX and a computer restart cleared this problem.

Edmundo

Concerning my message above - reinstallation didn´t clear the problem.

Please note that RAASPro was working perfectly before version 1.02 of AirbusX!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

RAAS + AXE 1.04

I do not see any RAAS menu entry at all under FSX AddOns. The entry for RAAS in the dll.xml is there. The RAAS dll seems to start, since I got the "Trusted Verification".

It does not make a difference whether I start FSX directly with an Airbus, change my current plane to an Airbus whatsoever. I do not hear any RAAS callouts. What do I need to do?

I have a problem on RAAS

I have download the MakeRunway and I can see the RAAS Professional in the ADDON menu in the fsx

I cannot listen the sound. Also, when I open FSX, there is a pop-out message from RAAS professional "The SCHEMA.INI file is MISSING!"

How can I fix the problem and use the RAAS?

Thank you

• Aerosoft

I have a problem on RAAS

I have download the MakeRunway and I can see the RAAS Professional in the ADDON menu in the fsx

I cannot listen the sound. Also, when I open FSX, there is a pop-out message from RAAS professional "The SCHEMA.INI file is MISSING!"

How can I fix the problem and use the RAAS?

Thank you

Just to be sure you did run the MakeRunway program? And did it create the schema.ini file? It should be found in the main FSX folder.

Archived