FDC : Descent checks

Renard

:( Hello!

Generally speaking, I am very pleased with FDC, and I recently added humorous flightdeck announcements for fun.

However, I have a problem with the "Descent checks" timing: I can hear the "Descent checks" starting at the wrong altitude.

The attached screenshot summarizes the situation :

- In "Options-Select Aircraft", "Descent checks" are set to start when passing 15 000 ft MSL downwards.

- During the flight, nothing happened when passing 15 000 ft MSL downwards, but when reaching 10 723 ft MSL downwards, the "Descent checks" finally started.

Has anybody a way to have the "Descent checks" starting at the right time ?

Best regards,

Philippe Renard

:lol: Hello SAF,

There was indeed a similar case discussed in the FDC support forum of the AVSIM website (where you can also find a group picture of the FDC authors !).

FDC is in fact more clever than the basic user like me would believe. It starts spontaneously a "Descent mode" and the Descent check-list can occur only after the "Descent mode" is started.

In conclusion, it is more complicated that expected, but it is perfectly OK to have the Descent checks at 10 723 MSL and not at 15 000 MSL as set in the Options.

(see below the corresponding extract out of the FDC Black Box).

Many thanks and Best regards,

Philippe Renard