Question about new coroute creator - routes coming out "Goofy"

Bblackkbirdd

Sorry for double posting this....just wanted to make sure it gets seen......prob with the new (and very cool) co-route editor by Peter......

Hi everyone - the Ol' Blackbird is back.......

Well, I guess I didn't check carefully enough - but dcboyinva is correct - my route is also messed up. If I may - here is the route as the new co-route add-on created it:

KBOS DIRECT MILIS V16 WOONS V3 HEFTY V16 FOSTY V3 JEWIT V16 ORW V475 BDR V487 PRENO V433 WRENN V475 DUNBO DIRECT KJFK

I saved it in the new company route editor. Seems ok. Also saved it in coroute.txt. If I open it in the editor - it is fine. It's also fine when I check the coroute.txt in the Aerosoft folder. (Everthing is in the correct order)

But when I now put in into the MCDU (in coroute), this is what the route ends up becoming:

KBOS JEWIT ORW ARENE CARLD MAD MUVGE BDR PRENO WRENN DUNBO FOSTY HEFTY WOONS MILIS KJFK

You'll notice that there are also several entries in the MCDU that are not in the route. (ARENE, CARLD, MAD, MUVGE). Also, the route doesn't just go backwards, it's "goofy" a couple of ways. Still, I am most impressed with what the writer of this program has done so far. Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone? Peter?

Thanks very much!!!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - 20 minutes later......

I created another (new) route from Manchester, NH to Kennedy in New York. This time when I loaded the coroute into the MCDU, the route started at the middle of the route and went to just before the destination (KJFK); then it continued from the middle of the route backwards to the beginning. Very strange!

Blackbird

I had a look at route finder and saw it create the route

KBOS DCT MILIS V16 WOONS V3 HEFTY V16 FOSTY V3 JEWIT V16 ORW V475 BDR V487 PRENO V433 WRENN V475 DUNBO DCT KJFK

Now when for example I import this into pro-atc/x (to test the route) as it is above, the route is very strange. For example after MILIS the route somehow thinks that you are going

KBOS DCTMILIS DUNBO and then all the way back to WOONS V3 HEFTY V16 FOSTY ... ....... in effect you are going from waypoint 1 to waypoint 10 and then back to waypoint 3, 4 and so on.

However, when I remove the DCT after KBOS and before KJFK so I get

KBOS MILIS V16 WOONS V3 HEFTY V16 FOSTY V3 JEWIT V16 ORW V475 BDR V487 PRENO V433 WRENN V475 DUNBO KJFK

the route in proatc looks a whole lot better and not at all goofy looking.

I am suspecting that this is the same with the co-route creator but am not able to test that at the moment

Take out the 2 DCT entries when adding to the co-route creator and you may see this fixes the problem..... possibly because there is no airway from KBOS to MILIS and between DUNBO and KJFK

Roy

Hi, Roy....thanks for your reply. I also tried inserting this flight plan into ProAtc/X. It came out perfect. That's actually why I originally hadn't noticed the mess up. I was flying using only the guidance of ProAtc... having it give me constant heading guidance, and using heading hold and not letting the plane fly pseudo LNAV... I would input each new heading as directed by ProAtc. So I hadn't noticed the error in the FMC...err...MCDU. Again, Proatc gave me a perfect route to fly... no transposition or irregularities whatsoever.

Now, I did try taking out the DCT's. I then could not get the new editor to save the flight plan. So..... that's where I am now. Will try some other ideas when I get up in a few hours. It's 1:30am here. Thanks for your help! :bow_down2_s:

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

Hi again, Roy - (and anyone else interested); I am going to try to continue this discussion here in the General Forum (if that's OK, Moderator(s) - if you want/need to move this to Navigation, that's fine.)

OK - before my Grandson gets here, I have just downloaded another route from routefinder and copied it into the new co-route editor. I saved it into coroute.txt, then loaded the AXE, imported it into the MCDU (FMGS?), and it is still messed up. There is some sort of translation prob when loading from the coroute.txt file into the MCDU. (I say this because the route is PERFECT in the coroute.txt file.) Something is getting messed up on the way from coroute.txt to injecting it into the coroute LSK on the MCDU (FMGS).

Roy, if I delete the Directs in the route - it will not save in coroute.txt (at least for me.)

BTW - as per the suggestion from Peter, I have FULL ROUTE=0 in the FMGS.ini file.

OK - that's it for now. If you (or anyone else) think of anything, I'd love to know.

Thanks very much!

All best,

Ray L (The Ol' Blackbird)

Hi Patrick.... in the Airbus or in the coroute.txt file?

Best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

P.S. - in either case, it's good news, 'cause at least from my point of view (again, I'm not a rw Pilot), I would think you would always have a DIRECT to your first waypoint (whether you are flying a SID or not), or am I wrong?

Good evening, from Southern NH, USA!! The Ol' Blackbird is here to say - I figured it out!!!!! The new (did I mention it's very cool?) Co-route Editor......

If you have been following my recent diatribe about this, I have been having routing errors in the FMGS, when I would import a co-route made with the new editor. The route was ending up jumbled (so to speak). Well, a little more experimenting (and input from Roy and Patrick - thanks, Guys!) and a little "elbow grease" on my part - and I came up with a solution - I tried this twice, and both times the route transferred into the FMGS perfectly!!!

Here you go - after you paste in a route from Routefinder (link is in the co-route Editor), look in the bottom window, where the route is spelled out. Now - staying in that window, erase the Departure Airport name and the DIRECT right after it. Do the same at the Destination Airport (remove the Dest Airport name and the DIRECT immediately before it). Save the route into Co-route.txt as usual. Start FSX, load the AXE, and in the coroute LSK point in the FMGS (MCDU), insert the name of your route you just created. The route should be exactly the same as it was in the co-route Editor (or as it was in RouteFinder.)

That's it!!! Problem solved! Again, thanks to Peter Rosedahl for this great program......

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. (March 12, 2013) - if you are using the Co-Route Editor by Peter Rosedahl, make sure you have FULL ROUTE=0 in the AXE FMGS.ini....... NOT FULLROUTE=1.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived