Flaps are set too soon during Approach

Domino

A321

During the approach the Copilot extand the Flaps too soon (speeds above VFE) which causes overspeed warnings.

I believe I know what causes this problem.

The problem is caused by an other system bug.

The speeds are not calculated/set correctly from "FMGC" your program-routine.

At higher weights the green dot speed is heigher than the VFE Flaps 1 speed.

The green dot speed is used from the copilot as reference speed for flap operation.

Example:

TOW = 69.2

Flaps: 1+F

Calculated speeds: V1 =152, VR = 154, V2 = 155, F= 148 ?! (lower than V2), S= 188, Green Dot= 228

Real speeds: V1 =137, VR = 143, V2 = 145, F= 154, S= 201, Green Dot= 218

By the way, the calculated Flex Temp. is much too high, and the Trim setting is much too low.

I am waiting for your comments.

Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Michael,

first question: I hope you are using release 1.04 and also installed hotfix 011? Because iwith hotfix 011 we solved some problems using a wrong ZFW which caused problems with too high APPR speeds.

Please report back and then I will move your comments to the right Forum section.... to have the right people a look into it.

Hanse

Hi Michael,

first question: I hope you are using release 1.04 and also installed hotfix 011? Because iwith hotfix 011 we solved some problems using a wrong ZFW which caused problems with too high APPR speeds.

Please report back and then I will move your comments to the right Forum section.... to have the right people a look into it.

Hanse

Hi Hanse

Thanks for your feedback.

I use V1.04.

Hotfix 011? where I can get it? I have not seen it on the support page from Aerosoft.

I must install all hotfixes or only the latest one?

If i must install all of them, is it needed to install them in the correct order?

Best regards.

Michael

Hi,

You can find Hotfix 11 here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64525-hot-fix-011-fbwapfmgscopilot-general-maintenance/

Hotfixes are intended to be inserted on top of the current version (1.04 for the moment).

They are optional but recomanded if you have a specific problem.

You must overwrite the files.

Bye

Hi,

You can find Hotfix 11 here: http://forum.aerosof...al-maintenance/

Hotfixes are intended to be inserted on top of the current version (1.04 for the moment).

They are optional but recomanded if you have a specific problem.

You must overwrite the files.

Bye

Thanks Mikii, but my problem is not solved with the HotFix.

Please see picture below.

post-78279-0-37207200-1361477807_thumb.j

Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Michael,

OK I see. But I would like to reproduce your figures on the APPR page. So please send me your detailed data or a screenshot of your A321 INIT A and B page........

Hanse

In your case the flaps are retracted too soon, aren't they?

Because according to your v speeds (which seem coherent) the flaps are retracted at 148 kts wich is > to v2..

I tried it today with about the same config and the copilot nearly stalled the a320 by retracting the flaps too soon...

In your case the flaps are retracted too soon, aren't they?

Because according to your v speeds (which seem coherent) the flaps are retracted at 148 kts wich is > to v2..

I tried it today with about the same config and the copilot nearly stalled the a320 by retracting the flaps too soon...

Hi Mikii

During a Flaps 1 Takeoff the F is not shown on the PFD at least on the real plane.

I have not yet checked it in the sim.

However I speak from Flap extension.

The picture should only show that the speeds are not calculated correctly (the example picture is from the A320).

I will take pictures from the A321 also, coming soon.

Michael

Hi Mikii

During a Flaps 1 Takeoff the F is not shown on the PFD at least on the real plane.

I have not yet checked it in the sim.

However I speak from Flap extension.

The picture should only show that the speeds are not calculated correctly (the example picture is from the A320).

I will take pictures from the A321 also, coming soon.

Michael

2 nd Example A320

ZFW 58.2t

FOB 12.6t

Calculated speeds: V1 =153, VR = 154, V2 = 155, F= 149 ?! (lower than V2), S= 190, Green Dot= 231 < Note: 1kt above VFE config 1

Real speeds: V1 =139, VR = 145, V2 = 147, F= 156, S= 204, Green Dot= 222

post-78279-0-15016900-1361567010_thumb.j

VLS and VAP are correct.

2 nd Example A320

ZFW 58.2t

FOB 12.6t

Calculated speeds: V1 =153, VR = 154, V2 = 155, F= 149 ?! (lower than V2), S= 190, Green Dot= 231 < Note: 1kt above VFE config 1

Real speeds: V1 =139, VR = 145, V2 = 147, F= 156, S= 204, Green Dot= 222

post-78279-0-15016900-1361567010_thumb.j

VLS and VAP are correct.

Example A321

ZFW 70.0t

FOB 12.7t

post-78279-0-84616800-1361568373_thumb.j

If virtual copilot selects config 1 at green dot speed you get a problem !!!!!!!!!!

post-78279-0-64123300-1361568389.jpg

Note:The difference between VLS and V2 is too big, in nearly all cases VLS is normally approx. equal V2,but in no case lower than V1 (V2min = VS1g** x 1.13, VLS = VS1g* x 1.23)

*landing config **takeoff config

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Domina,

even that your behaviour in this forum is not acceptable I am trying to help you respectively to find the problem. I just tried to reproduce your results (using A321 and a ZFW of 70.0 t as well as FOB of 12.7 t. Please find the results below:

As I have an idea of the root cause so I ask you again to send me a complete set of scrrenshots i. e. INIT A and B page as well as the PERF pages for TO and APPR.

Hanse

post-30406-0-87056600-1361622386_thumb.j

post-30406-0-07409500-1361622399_thumb.j

Hi Domina,

even that your behaviour in this forum is not acceptable I am trying to help you respectively to find the problem. I just tried to reproduce your results (using A321 and a ZFW of 70.0 t as well as FOB of 12.7 t. Please find the results below:

As I have an idea of the root cause so I ask you again to send me a complete set of scrrenshots i. e. INIT A and B page as well as the PERF pages for TO and APPR.

Hanse

Hi Hanse

Please see picture below

post-78279-0-15038400-1361652402_thumb.j

(A321)

Best regards

Domina

Remark: even that your behaviour in this forum is not acceptable I am trying to help you respectively to find the problem....

Even if I do not always agree with you, respect that shows greatness.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Domina,

I just tried again using 1.04 plus hotfix 011 and the data you sent to reproduce your problem. But unfortunately I cannot confirm it..... Please see the picture below.

Hanse

post-30406-0-75886400-1361700411_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just like to add one more thing: Did you check the ZFW with the Fuelplanner or FSX? Because we had the same issue with 1.04 (ZFW was not right) and therefore hotfix 011 was released......

Hanse

I just like to add one more thing: Did you check the ZFW with the Fuelplanner or FSX? Because we had the same issue with 1.04 (ZFW was not right) and therefore hotfix 011 was released......

Hanse

Hi Hanse

The fuel on board FOB story is solved, was my fault, have calculated with liters value.

So the fuel is loaded correctly in the FSX and the value is shown correctly on the E/WD, and I have also set now all values correctly on the INIT page(s).

However the speed problem remains, see below:

post-78279-0-27053600-1361724734_thumb.j

post-78279-0-83252100-1361724757_thumb.j

post-78279-0-48840600-1361724777.jpg

Actually the A321 is for me not usable due to this problem, I wait for a solution!!!

One question, installing the HotFix means simply unzip the HotFix file to the FSX directory, I am right? Nothing else to do?

post-78279-0-69265100-1361725160_thumb.j

I am waiting for your replay.

Michael (alias Domina)

Michael, your speeds are to high, I'm sure the hotfix isn't correct installed.

unzip the Hotfix to a temporary Folder, and copy all Folders into the FSX Folder

There is only one file in the folder as you can see.

This file I have copied into the FSX directory.

post-78279-0-58937700-1361726295_thumb.j

Michael

THe Hotfix is in .zip Format, looks like the .zip is corrupt, download it again and unzip it with winzip or winrar

The picture shows the file which was inside the zip file, as you can see I have already copied it to the FSX folder.

The picture shows the file which was inside the zip file, as you can see I have already copied it to the FSX folder.

What Patrick is saying is that the file should show as a .zip, but it looks in your picture like it is corrupted. Also, when you download the .zip, you have to only Extract it to your main FSX folder. The longer way around that is opening the .zip and going through each folder and selecting each file to copy and paste them manually to their respective places.

What Patrick is saying is that the file should show as a .zip, but it looks in your picture like it is corrupted. Also, when you download the .zip, you have to only Extract it to your main FSX folder. The longer way around that is opening the .zip and going through each folder and selecting each file to copy and paste them manually to their respective places.

What Patrick is saying is that the file should show as a .zip, but it looks in your picture like it is corrupted. Also, when you download the .zip, you have to only Extract it to your main FSX folder

I know what is a zip file, I have downloaded the file unziped it, and this file was inside.

I believe that the problem is caused by the internet explorer.

I have downloaded it know with the Mozilla, and now the files are shown correctly inside the zip.

I will install them and let you know if it works than.

Thanks

Michael

What Patrick is saying is that the file should show as a .zip, but it looks in your picture like it is corrupted. Also, when you download the .zip, you have to only Extract it to your main FSX folder

I know what is a zip file, I have downloaded the file unziped it, and this file was inside.

I believe that the problem is caused by the internet explorer.

I have downloaded it know with the Mozilla, and now the files are shown correctly inside the zip.

I will install them and let you know if it works than.

Thanks

Michael

It works now :-)

Two notes to the HotFix

1.) A correct download of the zip file via the Internet explorer is at least on my PC not possible.

The zip file will be downloaded but the file inside is corupted!!

2.) The recommended procedure; Unziping the files directly two the FSX directory and overwriting of the existing files do not work correctly.

Also if the PC asks if the existing files should be overwritten, and also if you confirm this the existing files will not be replaced!

I think you (the manufacturer) should (must) NOTE the customers about these problems!!!

Maybe I am not the only one which have these problems.

Michael

Remark: The best would be to place a Note inside the HotFix section of this Forum!

Also we've had 2,256 people download the hotfix and less than 15-20 have reported issues, and even less have reported an issue with unzipping it to their main FSX folder, and you might be the first with an Internet Explorer problem, but it's IE, can't be too shocked :lol: .

Archived