After Takeoff checklist / TCAS

Marcelo Monteiro

after takeoff, while still start to achieve altitute, checklist calls for TCAS.. refering for the TCAS ABV/BLW knob

in this item, the automated checklist expect that the pilot select the neutral position of this knob, and if you are climbing with the ABV mode selected, the automated checklist doesn't accept and doesn't comes ahead.. I have to select the neutral position and, after checklist passed through it, I select ABV mode again, until cruise altitude;

well.. we are starting climbing.. usually below level 100 when this after takeoff checklist comes on.. at this flight phase the aircraft cannot expect a neutral mode of this knob, as this knob should stay on ABV position until reaching cruise flight level, shoudn't it?

I think the automated checklist have to be repaired on this point, to accept the above selection of this knob on after takeoff checklist

thanks a lot!

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Marcelo,

thanks for your advice.

You are right that in the real world TCAS TILT from takeoff to cruise level is set to "Above" but this is not necessary. Using the TILT modus the scan range is not panning but will be increased from 2.700 to 9.900 feet.

The checklist and copilot functionality now will be changed that TILT in the "AFTER TO CL" will stay on ABV but the checklist now also accepts ALL. In the CRUISE CL if necessary the copilot then sets the TILT to ALL (if not previously done by the user).

Hanse

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Should be solved with release 1.10. Therefore I will close this topic.....

Archived