Does it fly like the Katana 20-100 4X ?

jfri

I have a slight impression that the Robin DR400 flies like the Katana 4X (which I have). For example the described left turning tendency sounds just like the Katana which I find awkward to handfly. Or am I mistaken ? Is the Robin a very different product compared to Katana ? Would like to know before I spend more money on DR400.

For the Katana put a passenger with the same weight as the pilot then the left turning tendency disappear !

If you do not want to put passenger, there is the possibility to trim the plane (only on the ground) !

For the Robin I don't know. I have not it for the moment...

Regards,

Richard Portier

The release version has different FM's for the various versions. The D-EVEM has the strongest left turning tendence.

For those who don´t like it easier flight models can be downloaded from the update page.

The two products are made by different developers.

Finn

No it flies like a DR400.

D-EVEM like a badly-rigged DR400, but a DR400 nonetheless.

As I have many hours in both types in the real world there is no comparison.

In the sim world, one is a sophisticated full-systems simulator, the other a simple runabout with a lovely set of `quirks` - and quite a bit faster.

That is the comparison.

Archived