SKIATHOS - The 2nd St.Maarten!!!

*not my video*

An airport on a Greek Island named SKIATHOS. Runway: 1,6km long = shorter than St. Maarten and Gibraltar!!! Ends in water on both sides, you can spot the airplanes landing and taking off DIRECTLY behind the runway like at TNCM. Just awesome this airport. Airplanes up to the 757 can land there. You can only approach this airport visually, no ILS. Another problem is - there is no fuel available on this island! So the airplanes are quite heavy while landing because they need fuel for the return flight...

Anyone knows an addon for this airport? :D

Oh yeah, amazing Skiathos! Indeed the 2nd St.Maarten or the "European St.Maarten" as some like to call it!

Very challenging airport and an amazing spotting destination.

I recently came across a freeware scenery for skiathos on Avsim.com, I will PM it to you.

Great video anyways!

Oh yeah, amazing Skiathos! Indeed the 2nd St.Maarten or the "European St.Maarten" as some like to call it!

Very challenging airport and an amazing spotting destination.

I recently came across a freeware scenery for skiathos on Avsim.com, I will PM it to you.

Great video anyways!

could i please have the scenery to? would be highly appreciated :)

cheers.

How do you add in the cool ATC noises? Very well done spotting! You must have a nice camera ;)

As said above it's not my video, I suggest you write a PM on Youtube to the Uploader ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Man, now that I think again its like you foresaw the development of Skiathos X with this video!

Why don't you upload that same video on the Skiathos X thread?

Man, now that I think again its like you foresaw the development of Skiathos X with this video!

Why don't you upload that same video on the Skiathos X thread?

done :)

Archived