Updated fuel planner

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work, I can now use the advanced mode with the new horizontal format.

Now Fuel planner is amazing.

I only have a problem, before the fuel planner update when I set the ZFW in the fuel planner and in the aircraft with load fuel and payload button, in the MCDU I have the correct ZFW setted.

Using the new fuelplanner I've a mismatch between planner and MCDU value.

Where I'm wrong?

Good day, Robson

It is possible to add alternative airport?

Thank

There was a topic where users could post their ideas for updated fuel-planner. Now it's too late, sorry ;) I might add it sometime in the future but I am now focused on next projects.

Hi

In advanced planning, one can easily adjust CoG. By sliding the bar to the left, you reach a point where it becomes green. Does this mean these are the preffered values or something?.

Jead

Firstly the new fuel planner is great, however I generally run all addons like Activesky, FSC9 and an Acars system on a separate computer connected via simconnect or widefs and used to do the same with the original fuel planner. It doesn't seem that this is possible any more but would it be possible to include a configuration option that lets me point the new planner to the appropriate folders on my FSX computer - similar to AS2012 and FSC9?

Actually this should be easy...;)

1. Just create a folder Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAribusExtended and place aircraft.xml and Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.exe in there. Just create a shortcut to it on desktop or where ever you want it.

2. Copy file airports.txt from FSX main\NavdataPro\NavData to a new folder Documents\NavdataPro\NavData. It is important because airports.txt must be two directories up and in NavdataPro\NavData folder...

With these steps fuel planner should work on other PC over LAN. No way to test it now though. Please report back if it worked ;)

Thanks Robert,

unfortunately it didn't work, it hung and this error was in my event log.

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: CLR20r3

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: aerosoft.airbusx.fuelplanner.exe

P2: 1.0.0.0

P3: 51227c8b

P4: Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner

P5: 1.0.0.0

P6: 51227c8b

P7: 6

P8: 24a

P9: System.NullReferenceException

P10:

Thanks Robert,

unfortunately it didn't work, it hung and this error was in my event log.

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: CLR20r3

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: aerosoft.airbusx.fuelplanner.exe

P2: 1.0.0.0

P3: 51227c8b

P4: Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner

P5: 1.0.0.0

P6: 51227c8b

P7: 6

P8: 24a

P9: System.NullReferenceException

P10:

I will investigate this. However it worked for me ;-)

Okay, I will manually enter CoG.

BUT LWs simply wrong when loaded in MCDU

ZFW is about 55 Block 12...TOW says 67.. BUT LW says 64.. Always only about 2-3 tons difference between TOW and LW when loaded in the MCDU

Just wanted to add my sincere thanks for the new fuel planner. I'm one of those poor souls with a maximum vertical resolution of 768, so the old planner's advanced mode was impossible for me to use. The new horizontal format is a god-send. Thank you so much! :)

Neil

By the way, switching btw KGS and LBS in the Fuel Planner, will set the proper weight setting within the aircraft? I usually fly A320/321 in Europe where KGS are used but when I want to fly US Airways which use LBS, the MCDU show me "BAD FORMAT" when I try to insert the numbers. Some help

Thanks

PS: new Fuel Planner is ready for download or still in development?

I think MCDU doesn't support LBS. Fuel planner loads correctly but you need to reset to KGS to get the values for MCDU init page.

@balus, please verify integrity of your .NET Framework installation with this tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

The error you got is very unusual and I could not recreate it on any PC I got my hands on. For me it works like a charm. If your NET Framework is OK then I could try sending you zip with proper directories which you would only have to extract to documents folder.

@balus, please verify integrity of your .NET Framework installation with this tool: http://blogs.msdn.co...13/8999004.aspx

The error you got is very unusual and I could not recreate it on any PC I got my hands on. For me it works like a charm. If your NET Framework is OK then I could try sending you zip with proper directories which you would only have to extract to documents folder.

Thanks Robert .NET checks out OK, I must have screwed something up - let me double check the paths etc.

Great work Aerosoft! One question left: What does "fill both airports for auto-calculated wind component" mean?

my best guess, when you fill both departure and destination airports, AXE will calculate a rough course and apply known wind situation to it, calulating wind component (headwind, crosswind, tailwind).

Archived