Updated fuel planner

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: is it normal that if you change load, that doesn't affect fuel quantity to be loaded? I mean: if the aircraft is lighter it will burn less fuel and viceversa

Example is the best way to explain. I had to explain this to my self once :D

Route EPGD-EGLL 705 nm (trip fuel predicted: 5260 kgs, fuel to load 9842 = ~10000 kgs)

Difference between MZFW+Fuel and TOW=75t climb performance is just 10%. Lets assume 10% difference for whole flight which is a great exaggeration!

So the difference would be 10% * 5260 = 526 kgs of fuel. Just 526 kgs!

So as you see difference between full aircraft (payload of 150 passengers + 12000 kgs of cargo - yes this exceeds MZFW :D) and empty aircraft is equal to your taxi fuel, and please tell me, how often do you taxi for 20 minutes? Also please remember you have many more reserves on board ;)

Example is the best way to explain. I had to explain this to my self once :D

Route EPGD-EGLL 705 nm (trip fuel predicted: 5260 kgs, fuel to load 9842 = ~10000 kgs)

Difference between MZFW+Fuel and TOW=75t climb performance is just 10%. Lets assume 10% difference for whole flight which is a great exaggeration!

So the difference would be 10% * 5260 = 526 kgs of fuel. Just 526 kgs!

So as you see difference between full aircraft (payload of 150 passengers + 12000 kgs of cargo - yes this exceeds MZFW :D) and empty aircraft is equal to your taxi fuel, and please tell me, how often do you taxi for 20 minutes? Also please remember you have many more reserves on board ;)

Ok. Thanks.

Very nice, the new fuel planner, better than the first one for sure. Thank you very much. But I still have the problem that it transfers the GW into the ZFW field of the Fuel Prediction screen. V-speeds are then calculated too high. I have always to correct the ZFW manually. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks for help resp. information

Edit: Sorry, I found out now, that the ZFW is not transfered from the fuel planner at all. Perhaps it's derived internally from the GW, which is transfered with no problem (see ECAM screen). Probably this is a problem in the A320 SW itself. Would it be possible to transfer also the ZFW by the fuel planner? This could probably solve the problem.

Coyp the aircraft.xml from the Hotfix in this Folder and it should work

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended\aircraft.xml

Hello!

Didnt get aircraft.xml in my hotfix.

Archived