stall and flaps sounds

pierreaf

hello

thanks for that beautiful aircraft

just 2 questions : i do not hear a stall warning sound like a countinous beep ? and no sound for the flaps ?

is it my installation or what i am doing wrong?

thanks for help

nice flights with the Dr 400 !

Pierre

i am using fsx

i ve test it again to day and i ve heard the beep, its not so loud ! or i become old :)

but as you said the flaps are certainly hardly audible too.

thanks for the quick reply and help.

.nice flights !

Exactly as the real one, If you use ANR headsets you will not hear the stall warning horn. At all. And the flaps in this model are manual. in real life you feel them not hear them, and as no-one has a force feedback flap handle you get a soft background click.

You can also adjust the balance of the sounds in FSX with the standard sliders.

I hear the stall warning when in the flare for landing. Its not loud but definately there. It also would be useful to have a flap lever sound just to let you know its changed position. As you say you can certainly feel it but not hear it.

I hear the stall warning when in the flare for landing. Its not loud but definately there. It also would be useful to have a flap lever sound just to let you know its changed position. As you say you can certainly feel it but not hear it.

1: There is a bloody great light in front of your face. Not really need for much more.

2: It's a manual handle so if you pull it, it will come... If you're not sure you've pulled it, refer item 1:

3: As has already been discussed, first stage flap may (or may not) be used to t/o.

For landing it's always stage two, or full flap.

VFE is 170km/h for either stage, so your landing procedure will be to deploy full flap, which is visually verifiable by looking out the window, which is what you should be doing in the circuit/pattern anyway...

This is a GA aircraft, There is absolutely no need for the sound to be enhanced to make it less real, only for customers to make it more real by adopting proper realistic methodologies. If you have rudder pedals, then the twistgrip function should have been used to create a `glance look` function anyway, which makes replicating RW activity `as real as it gets` without TrackIR or equivalent.

Really there is no need to be so rude. As for the light its a tiny green thing on the bottom of the instrument panel. Not where I see them on a REAL Robin in front of my face. Also during my PPL we were taught to check the flaps by looking at them to make sure they were down. For others who have been used to sim aircraft having a click when the flaps are lowered is something they expect. This after all is a sim aircraft. Even the excellent A2A simulation aircraft have a flap sound. I thought these forums were for help and discussion. I'm out of here and never to return now. Thanks, being blunt but honest can sometimes offend!

Well Steve, this is how Simon handles every discusion.

You must know him to know, that it is not meant rude (mostly). To be honest, I like, what he says, because sometime he says, what Aerosoft developers or officials think, but never would say.

Regarding the flap sound: The sounds are recorded from the real aircraft. I will definitely not make them louder and less realistic, because you think, it should be. Sorry, next person says, please reduce the sound, because you can't hear it in reality. I tried to reproduce the plane as real as it gets, and this includes an almost non audible flap sound.

Regarding the flap light: Look at the photos, I load up in another thread. The panel is an exact reproduction of the real thing. You fly a different Robin, we know, and your light is on the upper part of the panel. Well, ours is not. Do you expect me to change this?

BTW, it is not forbidden to look out in FSX as well. You can easily check your flaps position by looking at the wings. I do that ALWAYS in real life. I never trust such a "bloody great" light.

Back to the sounds: You could load down a program like "Audiacity" to change the sounds. It is quite easy to use and freeware.

Best regards, Joachim

Really there is no need to be so rude. As for the light its a tiny green thing on the bottom of the instrument panel. Not where I see them on a REAL Robin in front of my face. Also during my PPL we were taught to check the flaps by looking at them to make sure they were down. For others who have been used to sim aircraft having a click when the flaps are lowered is something they expect. This after all is a sim aircraft. Even the excellent A2A simulation aircraft have a flap sound. I thought these forums were for help and discussion. I'm out of here and never to return now. Thanks, being blunt but honest can sometimes offend!

There was much quality advice in the reply. How rude that you don't thank me? As Joachim says, just because your experience doesn't reflect ours, doesn't make you right.

Archived