AXE Company Route Editor

Capt. PERO

• Developer

AXE Company Route Editor v2.2 released!

The AXE Company Route Editor is a convenient solution for Company Routes (*.flp)

of the Airbus X Extended by Aerosoft.

It can create new routes, saved and changed existing routes or delete them.

The program is freeware and has no commercial purpose.

It is NOT developed by Aerosoft and NOT an official tool of the Airbus X Extended.

For support requests please email capt_pero@web.de

> Download v2.2 <

updated 15th of february 2014.

Greetings,

Peter

Good evening, Captains! The Ol' Blackbird has landed for a moment......

Well, gotta tell ya.....the new company Route editor is the new best thing in the AXE. I really like it!!

Nice job, Peter Rosedahl..... Thanks for making my life with the AXE so much better!

Now I just get a route from routefinder (link included in coroute editor - thanks again, Peter), copy it into coroute editor, fill in the other stuff, and save the route. Nice! I can also paste the same route into my new other fav program (ProATC/X) and voila! Let's go fly! They match up perfectly. When I use these programs in FSX with VAC (Voice Activated commands), I can speak directly to ATC - it's a blast (I created all the necessary responses to speak to ProATC/X). Yeah, I know - I'm supposed to let the F.O. talk to ATC..... but I have too much fun doing it myself (well, sometimes I let the F.O. from ProATC/X handle the gear, flaps and autopilot - oh, but I do let him tune the radio for me....Grin.) Handling the comm to ATC keeps me sharp (terminology-wise); especially since I'm not a pilot in real life.

Anyway - the AXE just gets better and better!! Thanks!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

First let me say a HUGE THANK YOU to Mr. Peter for taking the time to do this....this is a wonderful tool...and a great add-on to an already great add-on.

But I have a question...as I think I have screwed something up...or am not doing something correctly, I am hoping some one can set me straight!! :) Here is my situation...I am hoping some one will be able to direct me to fix this....

- I am running the AXE 1.04 (haven't added the Hot Fix 11 yet...haven't needed to)

- I am running Win 7 64-Bit

- I have the CoRoute Editor 1.1

When I enter a new route....and save and then update the .txt file everything seems to be OK...

But when I enter the route into the flight computer it is reversed to what I put in....

For example, if I did in the co rte editor: FUZZY J451 BTW....it ends up being BTW J451 FUZZY in my flight computer

If this is just me, no biggie...I love the editor to keep track of all the routes in there....I can add screenshots when I get home if that will help. Thanks guys!!

J

Hi everyone - the Ol' Blackbird is back.......

Well, I guess I didn't check carefully enough - but dcboyinva is correct - my route is also messed up. If i may - here is the route as the new co-route add-on created it:

KBOS DIRECT MILIS V16 WOONS V3 HEFTY V16 FOSTY V3 JEWIT V16 ORW V475 BDR V487 PRENO V433 WRENN V475 DUNBO DIRECT KJFK

I saved it in the new company route editor. Seems ok. Also saved it in coroute.txt. If I open it in the editor - it is fine. It's also fine when I check the coroute.txt in the Aerosoft folder. (Everthing is in the correct order)

But when I now put in into the MCDU (in coroute), this is what the route ends up becoming:

KBOS JEWIT ORW ARENE CARLD MAD MUVGE BDR PRENO WRENN DUNBO FOSTY HEFTY WOONS MILIS KJFK

You'll notice that there are also several entries in the MCDU that are not in the route. (ARENE, CARLD, MAD, MUVGE). Also, the route doesn't just go backwards, it's "goofy" a couple of ways. Still, I am most impressed with what the writer of this program has done so far. Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone? Peter?

Thanks very much!!!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - 20 minutes later......

I created another (new) route from Manchester, NH to Kennedy in New York. This time when I loaded the coroute into the MCDU, the route started at the middle of the route and went to just before the destination (KJFK); then it continued from the middle of the route backwards to the beginning. Very strange!

Below is the solution to how to get a route inserted into the FMGS (MCDU?) from the new Company Route Editor.......I figured it out!

If you have been following my recent diatribe about this, I have been having routing errors in the FMGS, when I would import a co-route made with the new editor. The route was ending up jumbled (so to speak). Well, a little more experimenting (and input from Roy and Patrick - thanks, Guys!) and a little "elbow grease" on my part - and I came up with a solution - I tried this twice, and both times the route transferred into the FMGS perfectly!!! Here's how to do it:

After you paste in a route from Routefinder (link is in the co-route Editor), look in the bottom window of the Company Route Editor, where the route is spelled out. Now - staying in that window, erase the Departure Airport 4 letter ICAO name and the DIRECT right after it. Do the same at the Destination Airport (remove the Dest Airport name and the DIRECT immediately before it). Save the route into Co-route.txt as usual. Start FSX, load the AXE, and in the coroute LSK point in the FMGS (MCDU), insert the name of your route you just created. The route should be exactly the same as it was in the co-route Editor (or as it was in RouteFinder.)

That's it!!! Problem solved! No more mixed up route in the FMGS! Again, thanks to Peter Rosedahl for this great program......

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

I seem to have a problem with CoRoute Editor.

I make the route in Editor, save it then as to corte.txt.

When I start AXE and try to input the route the route is there but only shows the Departure and Arrival airports, not the waypoints or airways.

I must be doing something wrong but just can't see it.

Hi TonyC.......the Ol' Blackbird is here to (hopefully) help you......

Please see my post 2 above yours (by Bblackkbirdd) - that's me. That method works for me - I previously had same prob as you.

The above method works perfectly for me. (You may have to alter it a bit if you want a SID or STAR). Experiment! Maybe replace the word DIRECT with the SID name - see what happens.

Good luck!!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

Thanks for the help Ray or is it Blackbird? :hi2_s:

As you can see from the pic below my bottom box never had any Dep or Arr airports or any Directs!

As you see I created 3 new plans, the one highlighted is EGLL to LEMD with full waypoints and no ARRival or Departure airports either end in the bottom box but it still comes out in AXE with just the Arr and Dep with no waypoints in between.

I must be doing something wrong?

CoRouteEd_zps5ec6364d.jpg

Hi, Tony - Yup, you are using the FULLROUTE=1 switch. You must change that to FULLROUTE=0. This will also make the route like real life (No SID or STAR assigned yet). That is done by Clearance or Ground, I believe, depending on winds on any given day - this affects runway use (and SID, I think). I use OpusFSX for my weather - ProATC works well with it. Opus is (IMHO) the best weather program out there right now. You must use your own graphics for clouds (FEX or HDEV2 are both good. Some folks like AS2012 graphics, or even REX.) For my money (as in they are FREE) - HDEV2 look as good as any others. Search the Net.

Anyway, in your Company Route editor, just click on Options. Then click FMGS.ini.......now choose FULLROUTE=0 - as in Zero. Say Ok. That's it.

Make a NEW route with FULLROUTE=0. You should be good to go with the Bus.

Good luck!

Best,

Ray L. (Blackbird)

• 2 months later...
  • Developer

New version for AXE 1.10 will be released soon...

The new version is currently being tested and can probably be made ​​available this weekend.

Greetings,

pero

New version for AXE 1.10 will be released soon...

The new version is currently being tested and can probably be made available this weekend.

Greetings,

pero

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm using AXE Company Route Editor v2.0 to save flight plans with waypoints without airways e.g. Direct to (DCT). Is this possible? If so, when loading the Company Route flight plan in MCDU the DCT waypoint is missing, even though the DCT waypoint (e.g. DCT BAKER or DCT MID) is saved.

Thanks.

Here's an example of a flight plan saved with Company Route Editor v2.0 where the waypoint BAKER is missing from the F-PLN in MCDU when loading the Company Route:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=EGKK
ArptArr=EGLL
RwyDep=EGKK08R
RwyArr=EGLL27L
RwyArrFINAL=ILS27L
DctWpt1=BAKER
DctWpt1Nx=

• Developer

Hi,

I'm using AXE Company Route Editor v2.0 to save flight plans with waypoints without airways e.g. Direct to (DCT). Is this possible? If so, when loading the Company Route flight plan in MCDU the DCT waypoint is missing, even though the DCT waypoint (e.g. DCT BAKER or DCT MID) is saved.

Thanks.

Here's an example of a flight plan saved with Company Route Editor v2.0 where the waypoint BAKER is missing from the F-PLN in MCDU when loading the Company Route:

[CoRte]

ArptDep=EGKK

ArptArr=EGLL

RwyDep=EGKK08R

RwyArr=EGLL27L

RwyArrFINAL=ILS27L

DctWpt1=BAKER

DctWpt1Nx=

No, sorry. It is not possible. I just tested an idea which results to the DctWptX stuff.

Regards,

peter

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I am pretty sure it has been asked several times but right now I am in a highspeed train and was unable to find a suitable answer via the search function.

I just have a small problem I guess: I was able to create routes with the editor and save them as well. When I now try to load them in the FSX it always says "Route does not exist" - I am wondering now how is this possible as I can see my routes in the editor?

Beside this: Once I save a route with the editor shall I be avaiable in the folder Documents -> [....] -> Flightplans ?

Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am pretty sure it has been asked several times but right now I am in a highspeed train and was unable to find a suitable answer via the search function.

I just have a small problem I guess: I was able to create routes with the editor and save them as well. When I now try to load them in the FSX it always says "Route does not exist" - I am wondering now how is this possible as I can see my routes in the editor?

Beside this: Once I save a route with the editor shall I be avaiable in the folder Documents -> [....] -> Flightplans ?

Any help is appreciated!

Use version 2.0. I had the same problem when I was using 1.x. I got 2.0 and the problem is solved.

Archived