NAV and Strobe lights in DX10 mode

tango4

Hi,

I just bought the DR400 this morning and am very pleased with it !

I just happen to encounter the famous issue with DX10 mode: I can't see nav and strobe lights in external view.

I know this bug is known on DX10, but many payware addons I use don't have this problem.

For info, I use replacements effects that I got in AVSIM Paul Johnson's guide to FSX (very interesting by the way).

I wanted to know if you were aware of that issue on your plane.

Best regards.

Charles

DX 10 is not supported and never was, neither by MS nor by us.

If it works in DX10 PREVIEW then fine - if not and it bothers You-> well revert to the supported DX9

Finn

I was just asking, that's all !

And it is not clearly specified on the product page that it is not supported (many developers do this)

I've recently made the switch to Dx10 and the gain in performance is really huge thanks to the latest improvements, and it seems many people are making the switch. So I'll stick with DX10 even with those little glitches.

Apart from this very small issue, you've done a great job with this plane !

Best regards.

Charles

They are leftovers from development. The lights are inside the 3d model. The cfg lights could have bad effects.

But ok, if they work for you, I'll be glad as well :-)

(Cool that we forgot to delete them :D)

Thanks for this information !

Well, with or without those lights, the important part of my post is that I do not regret my 25¤, totally worth it :)

It's been a long time since I flew a real DR400 but it is quite close to what i remember !

The problem with FSX DX10 preview mode is that it is totally unsupported from MS (Or rather was :)). There is no description of any kind in the SDK.

I don´tthink that any developer supports it as such, but if all functions work in DX10 mode during beta testing, then it´s easy to add as an additional feature.

I really don´t think that any developer puts much effort into making it DX10 compatible.

Finn

Hi again Finn,

I totally understand your point of view and am totally aware of the fact that DX10 is not supported officially my MS.

The fact is that thanks to the work of some users, most DX10 problems have been overcome. I recently decided to gie it another try "just to see" and was astonished by the improvements in visuls and performance (I had tried DX10 a few years ago, but went back to DX9 for the reasons you mentioned).

Just as examples, I have no problem at all running A2A aircraft in DX10. An aircraft which has some issues on my computer would be the VRS Superbug. But it is clearly specified on the product page that DX10 is not supported.

From what i can see in diverse forums, more and more users are making the switch to Dx10 thanks to those recent improvements, and that it could be a commercial advantage to have a DX10 compatible product.

But please keep in mind that I have no development skills, and that I am not giving you any lessons at all. This is only a customer's point of view. And given the general quality of your DR400, I can see that you all know your job pretty well !

Best regards to all.

Charles

Archived