Prop simulation - something is just wrong

bliksimpie

Has anyone noticed that the prop simulation is "choppy". sorry english not my mother tongue. There is no fluidity (is there suc word) It is not fluid. at full idle and at full throttle not a problem. When crusing and pulling back the throttle a bit the prop animation go all bad. anyhing beteen rpm 1500 and 2000 I would say. This does not happen at any other add on plane and have never seen this.

I will make video to explain what I mean.

Please do. But please don't fly below 2000RPS in cruise flight, it is not good for the plane. fly between 2000 and 2700 RPM.

BTW the visual prop model was far better in FS9. FSX does not handle this very well. depending on your framrate, you can run into troubles. (It gets worse on helicopters, because the Roter is much bigger)

Bests, Joachim

Look in HD to properly see

http://youtu.be/KSeggdFWeQY

You can watch video. you will clearly hear when I change the throttle. inbetween audable throttle changes, it mean throttle for that segment of video is not touched. You will see how the prop animation visiually changes, keep changing, sometimes forward, sometimes backward, sometimes jumping forward/backward. Sometimes it just went crazy. Even when you make the change in throttle it is not fluid. I change throttle very slowly and prop animation should follow throttle.

I do not really fly at under 2000, I only started to notice this after first flight when I slowly brought back throttle to decelerate for the landing and RPM did go below 2000 during landing phase.

Hmm, thats FSX... :-( Maybe it is more noticeable on our prop due to the texture.!?

However you can minimize it: Try locking your framerate down. (Stable it) That will reduce the effect.

The RPM changes are normal, because it is no constant speed prop, so external influences make it faster and slower even if you don't touch your throttle.

Bests, Joachim

no sir sorry I cannot believe it is fsx, not one of my other add-ones does this. If it is FSX then this anomoly must happen to other props also even little bit.

I must have over 100 addons of which 90% are props (dont fly tubes), and it cover all developers, from aerosoft katana, to carenado, to A2A, Realair etc etc.

No other prop in my hanger have this bad kind of animation no matter the kind of prop installed.

My frames is already locked at 30.

Then reduce them to 25 and try again. The fast animation is FSX pure standard, and I can't see anything wron in the video except for the "jumps" in the animation wich is most certainly caused by unstable FPS.

then why does it not happen with other planes.. something is wrong here with animation. I never had to reduce Frame rate for any plane to have proper animation.

second, how do you know the frames jump?. my simulation is actually very fluid and frames change between 29.5 and 30 (at whitch it is limited)

I have I7 3770k, overclocked at 4.5 with 16gig ram, system installed on 256g SSD, and have super fluid system (especially as I only fly props in back country without scenery hungry airports even in close proximity). Even props that is much more frame rate heavy, is absolute fluid on my machine for the conditions I fly in. Oh and my overclock is super stable, I ran on water and stress tests (intel burn test, prime95 test etc) have been done where it run 2days, without and error.

So sorry it just do not add up, that FSX will work different here with this plane. if it is happening to all planes, yes you can say it is fsx. fsx work great with all but this plane, now it is FSX that is problem. Sorry I tend to differ. I have absolute super animation in DA20. So I really dont know. at this stage I am not impress with this prop animation at all. it is just BAD.

OK, listen, we have two options now: either you do what I say, and answer in a more pollite and kind way, or otherwise I can't help you and I will simply stop answering you.

I am not at all impressed by your system. I see framerate jumps in the video, and even from 29.9 to 30 is enough jump to cause, what I think, you're complaining about. If other planes do not suffer from this, it does not mean, that it could not be the Robin, which does. We're searching for a solution here. Telling me, that other planes do not have the same issue doesn't help a little bit!

Archived