Starting

Ayster

I might be being thick here, but I can't seem to start the engine, I've got my battery on, mixture 100%, electronic fuel pump on, generator off, all electrical devices off (radios, GPS, xponder) fuel valve open, I press the starter, the prop spins once and the engine dies. The check list says to prime the engine twice, but I can't find the primer!!! Could anyone give me some tips?!

Cheers

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

You can also prime while pressing the starter if it was too less. So prime a few times before pressing the starter button, and if it does not awake, one or two times more while still pressing the starter button.

Vielleicht gibts noch andere Tipps, Joachim? Ich krieg den Motor einfach nicht an....- hab mit Gen on/off, mit 0x, 2x, 5x -und während des Startvorgangs geprimed, den "Tankwahlschalter" öfters mal auf Ein und Aus gestellt (um sicher zu sein, das der Fsx Fuelbug nicht dazwischen funkt)- es klappt einfach nicht. :-(

Mit ctrl. E gehts natürlich- aber ich schließe mich da an Günthers Aussage voll und ganz an~ "da könnt ich ja auch Carenado fliegen" :-))

Danke!

mfg

Klaus

Ja, das habe ich auch ab und zu, das liegt an der "Vorgängersituation"

Irgendwas ist da im FSX nicht richtig. Es hilft hier, einmal in der Checkliste "ready to fly" zu klicken, und hinterher auf "Cold and dark"

Dann sollte alles klappen :-)

,,Srry, haven´t seen its directed in the english forums!

Ok, i have now started it with ctrl.& E and shut it down 1 minute later, choose Cold&dark option on the checklist- then i have started it manualy without a problem- seems there´s a little Bug in here?. btw. i start the simulator everytime with the MS Trike to ensure there´s no interfere with other addons.

Thnx!

Never use non standard FSX flight situations.

If You have made Your own cold & dark default startup situation, then >You are skinf for troubles, not just with the Robin.

Finn

Never use non standard FSX flight situations.

If You have made Your own cold & dark default startup situation, then >You are skinf for troubles, not just with the Robin.

Finn

Hi!

Thanx Finn- think i missunderstood this Standart Situation thing a bit (for at least a few years.. ;-) ..)

I deleted all my .flt´s and started with the "new" Standart flight situation- now it works very well!

Thanks again, Finn

reg.

Klaus

You can customise Your default startup situation as long as You don´t touch any aircraft controls i.e shutting it down in cold & dark mode.

I have chaged my own default startup situation to put me in the default Cessna 172 on an airport close to where I live as well as adding 20mi visibility in the weather settings inorder to both let it look more real and gain a few FPS.

Finn

• 1 month later...

Ich kann das Flugzeug auch nicht starten!

Ich habe es versucht mit Cold and Dark ( das geht nicht) und mit Ready to Fly (das geht auch nicht, dort bekomme ich nur ein Motorgeräusche??)

Es geht nur mit ctrl. E!!

## I can not even start the plane!

I tried it with Cold and Dark (not work) and Ready to Fly (which does even not work there, I just get a motor noise?)

It just goes with ctrl. E!

Ich kann das Flugzeug auch nicht starten!

Ich habe es versucht mit Cold and Dark ( das geht nicht) und mit Ready to Fly (das geht auch nicht, dort bekomme ich nur ein Motorgeräusche??)

Es geht nur mit ctrl. E!!

## I can not even start the plane!

I tried it with Cold and Dark (not work) and Ready to Fly (which does even not work there, I just get a motor noise?)

It just goes with ctrl. E!

Do You use any custom default startup situation, especially such that are set up as cold & dark ?

Like most other addon developers I must highly warn You to do so, since most complex addons definitly will have problems with that.

Each time we get reports about not being able to start the Robin or Dimona it turns out that this is the exact problem.

Finn

Archived