Robin DR400 sensitivity

Steve451

post-63439-0-99640000-1360353139_thumb.ppost-63439-0-39962900-1360353166_thumb.p

Hi, I have just purchased the new DR400. I for some reason find it to be way to sensitve compared to the real thing that I fly. I have tried adjusting the control settings to reduce the sensitivity but it seems to be just to sensitve to the rudder and joystick. On take off it seems to want to lurch from side to side and takes a yank on the stick to get it off the ground. Not like the real thing. I understand the tendancy to go to the left but it seems overdone.

It may be me but I would appreciate some comments on it.

Also why does the cockpit not look like the right shape for the Robin. The Lionheart Robin does have the correct shape in my opinion.

I have been waiting a long time for this. It may be something I am doing and I would like to be able to fly this as I fly the real Robin DR400.

Is the other Robin of the same age as the one modeled by Aerosoft? I only ask as your bottom picture looks more like a latter model Robin cockpit as it is similar to the HR200 that I used to instruct on.

Hi, I think that the Lionheart Robin depicts a more modern cockpit... there are lots of DR400 variations out there and the Aerosoft version seems an old one. Joachim can confirm this for sure.

About your problem, try to change sensitivity and dead zone settings in your controls configuration, or edit them with FSUIPC (if you have it).

Thanks for the replies Guys.

The Robin I fly is from the 1970's Not really a modern one. Its just the cockpit shape that looks wrong. I have tried to adjust the sensivity but it still is too sensitive. I can fly downwind on a still day and take my hand off the stick without it straying much to the left. I did read somewhere that there was going to be an option to overide this. I will try again to see if I can getter it closer to the real thing. It was also a problem for me with the Lionheart Robin. But it is not a problem I get with other aircraft.

Thanks again.

Steve

The Aerosoft DR400 is the exact D-EVEM real world aircraft. It flies just like it's real world counterpart (D-EVEM) does. I've actually flown the EVEM myself already and I can confirm that it is really quite similar if not almost the same.

From my experience with club aircraft I can say that almost none flies like the other. Even two aircrafts of the same type build right next to each other can fly differently after 20 years. That's just how it is with such aircraft.

Yes the picture does look like the Aerosoft one. I agree.

Obviously they do differ a great deal.

I will try to get my Aerosoft one closer to the one I fly. It surely can be done.

Thanks for your replies and help.

Steve

There are at least 4 cockpit / panel variants I am aware of. (though there are more, the shapes of these 4 differ significantly)

One of them is the is the variant, the reference plane (D-EVEM) has. There is no way for you to change it, because it is made in 3d and you cannot change the model.

Regarding sensitivity: I made a lot of test flights including video documentation and writing down every relevant data. On MY end (with the joystick/pedals and the settings I use) it is a very exact representation of the original plane.

If you think, the left tendency is overdone, let me tell you, it is not! The D-EVEM handles exactly like this. However, try the HB-KBR. It suffers less from this issue.

Bests, Joachim

Thanks for the reply Joachim.

I am trying hard to get my joystick settings right. I am using the Thrustmaster T16000m with CH Rudder pedals. I have until now used the Justflight Tomahawk which was the closest I could get to the DR400. It felt almost right.

I have made some improvements on the sensitivity and it is better now. I am using F-GBAI as the cockpit is more like the Robin I fly. I will give the others a go as well.

It just seems a bit to sensitive on the settings I use which I have turned down. Any advice on the joystick settings would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Well, anything you think is more realistic will be in the end. There are so many joysticks out there, you can't really develop for all. On your end, if might feel to sensitive. So you must set it down a bit. I can't tell more there. On my end, it feeld very nice :-)

Bests, Joachim

Archived