News: Casablanca (+ contest)

• Aerosoft

Some shots of a project that is close to being released, Casablanca 2006. Created by Mat Dalton who showed the world how beautiful Monaco is. The scenery covers the airports, the whole city and a bit around the city. Now add some very hot weather and some heat induced turbulence and you get a scenery that will make any landing exiting. Located on the Atlantic coast of Marocco, Casablanca (Dar-el-Beida) is a peferct stop when you start exploring Africa or are enroute to Tenerif or Funchal.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

• Aerosoft
Never mind Bogey's hideaway!!! Let's have that Cat!!! :lol:

OTOH - looks well up to the aerosoft standard. Tempting, to say the least.

I wish I could say it was a Cat he left Casa in, but it actually was a ....

Free product for the person who gives the right answer (and provides us with the link to prove his suggestion).

I wish I could say it was a Cat he left Casa in, but it actually was a ....

Free product for the person who gives the right answer (and provides us with the link to prove his suggestion).

Bit of a trick question this one. Believe it or not it was a small cut-out plane and some midgets to portray the mechanics to give the illusion of perspective. Apparently the producers could not afford a 'real' plane due to the film's budget ($950,000).

http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/Drama/Drama/...hCasablanca.asp (Check under trivia.)

The plane that 'left' Casablance at the end was supposed to be a Lockheed Electra 12A, serial number 1204.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/casablan.htm

However, at the airport, Rick (Bogart) tells an officer to put Victor Lazlo's (Paul Henreid) luggage on the plane and orders Capitaine Renault (Claude Rains) to fill in the names of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Lazlo on the letters of transit. Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman) is surprised and protests to Rick, who tells her that "Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going....If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it....Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life....We'll always have Paris....I've got a job to do too. Where I'm going, you can't follow....Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that....Now, now, here's looking at you, kid."

Then Illa and Victor (leader of the Czech resistance) depart to Lisbon leaving Rick behind to contemplate 'what if'.

http://www.casalinx.com/images/photos/020_..._rick_plane.htm

Still, a GREAT film!

:D:D:D

P.S. If you want to recreate the scene for yourself, then you can check this out

http://www.paperairplanes.co.uk/planes.html

:lol::lol::lol:

• Aerosoft
IIRC, Bogart never boarded the plane. He gave the "pass" to Ingrid Bergman and her husband, the resistance leader.

RIGHT... It was a double layered trick question.... But we'll give an A+ for effort (and also a freebie) to Hartley (who does know his useless facts like I do) You both contact us on info@aerosoft-shop.com and Shaun will help you to the free product. Use the codeword 'free products because Mathijs said so'. (Don't tell others!)

(think I put too much between ()'s (seriously) start to look like C++ code)

Major Strasser flew into Casablanca in a Travelair (filmed at Van Nuys)

The outbound scene was filmed using half and quarter scale models of the Lockheed Electra...

But I'm too late, so congrats Hartley

:D

Thank you. I couldn't resist posting about this one. Old film, but still a timeless classic and well worth watching.

Major Strasser flew into Casablanca in a Travelair (filmed at Van Nuys)

Apparently this was the only scene in the film that wasn't shot in the film studio.

Apart from the use of 'midgets' (not exactly the most politically correct term to use, so apologies) to deal with the perspective of illusion issue associated with the scaled down models that ChrisB talks about (the same technique was also used in the film Alien, with director Ridley Scott's son and some of his friends in scaled down spacesuits), there were also problems with scenes involving Bogart and Bergman together because Bergman was actually a few inches taller than Bogart. Therefore, to create the illusion that it was vice versa, the films director Michael Curtiz had Bogart stand on boxes and sit on pillows in some shots, and also needed to wear platform shoes during several scenes.

I think that's enough of the trivia, sorry! :oops:

Back to the flying.

• Aerosoft
:D

Thank you. I couldn't resist posting about this one. Old film, but still a timeless classic and well worth watching.

Apparently this was the only scene in the film that wasn't shot in the film studio.

Apart from the use of 'midgets' (not exactly the most politically correct term to use, so apologies) to deal with the perspective of illusion issue associated with the scaled down models that ChrisB talks about (the same technique was also used in the film Alien, with director Ridley Scott's son and some of his friends in scaled down spacesuits), there were also problems with scenes involving Bogart and Bergman together because Bergman was actually a few inches taller than Bogart. Therefore, to create the illusion that it was vice versa, the films director Michael Curtiz had Bogart stand on boxes and sit on pillows in some shots, and also needed to wear platform shoes during several scenes.

I think that's enough of the trivia, sorry! :oops:

Back to the flying.

You will find that a lot of flightsimmers are trivia collectors. I know my mind is full is stuff I'll never need and at flightsim conferences table discussions often end in trivia spouting..

OMG!... looks sooo nice... Really, this is unbeleivable!..(Are you moroccan?? :lol: )

Anyways, this release will definitely improve the traffic in our MA-Division on IVAO...

Thanx a lot!!!

PS: Are you thinking maybe also about doing Agadir or Marrakech???

You will find that a lot of flightsimmers are trivia collectors. I know my mind is full is stuff I'll never need and at flightsim conferences table discussions often end in trivia spouting..

Glad I'm not the only one!

• Developer

A few more shots of night time. Nice product placement as well :) Speaking of trivia, can anyone tell me what cars were used in the film's airport finale?

Mat

really amazing !!! I live in casablanca and find this scenery very realistic !!!

I also injoy the fact that the "Atlas tower" where I work is included :D so I took a photo from there (14th floor) to demonstrate how realistic is this scenery (compare it with the screenshot ... railway station... port..)

Nice Job.

Some Respect Please :evil: !!!!

They re not your slaves koris... They will post updates whenever they will have updates! so be patient and thankfull enough that someone is actually working on a scenery that we are all eagerly waiting for!

• Developer

Actual scenery design should be finished within about 3 weeks, then there'll be beta testing and other packaging things. Obviously we want to iron out all the bugs as well, so the actual release will depend on those issues as well. In the meantime though, here's another pic for Raja and Wydad fans :)

Mat