Robin DR400-140 many many pictures!

I really was going to let this one rest but had to respond to guenseli to clarify - I was referring to the non accusim Piper Cub ($24.99)which has 128 pages, add the Accusim to it and you get an additional 48 pages (I have both versions). If it didn't make sense to purchase without Accusim why would they offer it? I see I've hit a nerve here and am dropping this - accepting what it is. I do really like the airplane and don't regret purchasing her - just expected more in depth info on an aircraft I was not familiar with.

Not quite sure I see your point here: You buy a sophisticated addon then don't add the element that makes it sophisticated, then complain about the lack of sophistication in a simple model that does not require extensive manual coverage.

I hope you can see the dichotomy...

I don't know if this was already suggested somewhere else, but for others like myself who have a fairly unadjustable joystick with a really strong spring and no foot pedals, one quickie fix for the left corkscrew effect is to move the pilot (weight) towards the copilot side of the plane. You can then fine tune in flight by adding or subtracting to the pilot's weight in the payload screen.

In effect, you're changing the COG.

It's not a perfect fix obviously, the plane flies at a slight tilt and will be slightly off in the turns, but at least you're not fighting the joystick spring the entire time, and this can maybe serve until a more proper fix is released.

In the aircraft.cfg, under the station_load.0 (the pilot), the default is 200, -0.50, 0.0, 1.0 . The third value "0.0" is for left/right placement of load station weights, and indicates the pilot's weight is actually on the plane's centerline.

Plus values for the "0.0" move the pilot's weight towards the copilot's position.

For the F-GBAI, at 80% throttle, with my system, with my FSX install, etc, etc, I found that changing the "0.0" to "1.24", and the pilot's weight from "200" down to "195", allowed me to fly the F-GBAI reasonably straight with only occasional corrections. Since other versions of the plane may have slightly different left corkscrew values, you might have to change these figures to suit them.

It should go without saying, but as always when messing around with the aircraft cfg, back up your original before starting.

Note this only applies in flight; on ground, different FSX parameters apply, so the left corkscrew effect will still be in full force for landings and take offs.

I don't know if this is of any use to anyone, but it made for me what was a nearly unflyable plane a delight to fly, and maybe my new favourite VFR touring plane.

Thanks - Rob

Hi Rob,

You wrote: It's not a perfect fix obviously, the plane flies at a slight tilt and will be slightly off in the turns, but at least you're not fighting the joystick spring the entire time, and this can maybe serve until a more proper fix is released.

All prop planes pull to the left as result of torque, so as it quite rightly pulls against your joystick I can't imagine it being fixed. Try trimming to the right.

M. Jordan

I'm not intending to complain or anything, but this is something I see over and over again with aircraft releases from all developers.

I see lots and lots of really lovely screenshots from all kinds of angles, from both the interior and exterior, yet the one view I'll have of any plane for the vast majority of the time I use it is missing............siting in the left seat with my head in the correct place, looking forward with the correct zoom setting, not a zoomed out cockpit panorama.

That's it, grumpy mode 'off' :byesad_s:

I'm not intending to complain or anything, but this is something I see over and over again with aircraft releases from all developers.

I see lots and lots of really lovely screenshots from all kinds of angles, from both the interior and exterior, yet the one view I'll have of any plane for the vast majority of the time I use it is missing............siting in the left seat with my head in the correct place, looking forward with the correct zoom setting, not a zoomed out cockpit panorama.

That's it, grumpy mode 'off' :byesad_s:

Couldn't agree more. I don't understand it either. But the last time I asked (a very well-known developer) for a view forward from the 'pilot's position' they uploaded for me an interior screenshot of the windscreen - just the windscreen, no instruments to be seen! I became wary of them after that and have not bought from them since! I'm not saying the developer of the Robin is anything like that obviously.

I bought this plane at the weekend and I like it a lot. OK the vc and exterior doesn't bear very close scrutiny and I'll like it a lot better when it flies a bit straighter, but it's fun to fly.

Actually that wasn't a snub. Nor is it buggeration factor.

The simple fact is that the initial viewpoint depends on whether the developer has set it up for the wideviewaspect=true

Or not.

And if you have, or not.

We must add this, I allready asked for it.

It is the Avions Pierre Robin DR400-140B "Major"

Cheers, Joachim

I have a question about this products model. I am writing a review and want to make sure I get everything right. According to the Robin Aircraft website the DR-400-140B is the "Dauphin" and the "Major" is actually the DR-400-160. I just want to make sure that I note the proper aircraft in my review.

Thanks for the clarification,

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have a question about this products model. I am writing a review and want to make sure I get everything right. According to the Robin Aircraft website the DR-400-140B is the "Dauphin" and the "Major" is actually the DR-400-160. I just want to make sure that I note the proper aircraft in my review.

Hi Mike,

According to the English Wikipedia entry the DR400-140B is the Major 80:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Robin_DR400

D-EVEM mentioned here as Major:

http://www.planepict...rng=2&stype=reg

According to the French WIkipedia the type designation has been changed in 1990 from Major to Dauphin:

http://fr.wikipedia....ki/Robin_DR-400

Au début des années 1990, le DR400 Major 80 devient le DR400-140B Dauphin 4

On this site it appears the D-EVEM (formerly PH-SRW) had it's first flight in 1979:

http://airblog.nl/fa...obin DR.300/400

Type: Robin DR400/140B Major

c/n: 1398

First flight:

History: (197903)PH-SRW,(199907)D-EVEM

Archived