Robin DR400-140 many many pictures!

Thanks alot for the wonderfull rendition of the Robin DR400-140b - a very nice plane ! One thing i notice during my first flights is that all variants has the "left tendency" - the description says "2 different flight characteristics" - may i ask what the diffenrence is and how can i change ?

I asked about aircraft manuals on another thread which has been locked. In the description in your store you mention that it comes with "extensive manuals". What you don't mention is the larger more in depth manual is in German. Will it be translated to us non German speaking folks? All I have is a 35 page pdf with very general information on the aircraft. I do like the aircraft but am very disappointed with the manuals, or lack of...

• Aerosoft

I asked about aircraft manuals on another thread which has been locked. In the description in your store you mention that it comes with "extensive manuals". What you don't mention is the larger more in depth manual is in German. Will it be translated to us non German speaking folks? All I have is a 35 page pdf with very general information on the aircraft. I do like the aircraft but am very disappointed with the manuals, or lack of...

The German manual (the one from the real aircraft) is fully translated and part of the main manual. Let me check if there is an issue with how it is installed.

• Aerosoft

The German manual (the one from the real aircraft) is fully translated and part of the main manual. Let me check if there is an issue with how it is installed.

I just checked and you will find two manuals in the Start menu (or in FSxMainFolder\Aerosoft\Robin DR400).

There is the 'real' German manuals for the D-EVEM, and the English manual that contains all the information in that German manual plus all the information on how to use the aircraft in FSX/P3D.

So I am not sure why you are very disappointed with the manuals, they are as complete as you would have for the actual aircraft. What kind of additional information would you like to have?

Joachim, thanks for your quick response - i did not expected that the "left-tendency" is implemented in all models - my interpretation of the description and the preview-forum was that there will be a "realistic" and a "simple" modell-variation, specially because the Product-Description said "2 different flight characteristics".

I know you and the whole team involved in the development, spend alot of time in the robin - but may i ask if it will possible to provide us customers without rudder-pedals with a "easier to fly"-model wiithout the "left-tendency".

With kindest regards

Dirk

I know you and the whole team involved in the development, spend alot of time in the robin - but may i ask if it will possible to provide us customers without rudder-pedals with a "easier to fly"-model wiithout the "left-tendency".

Of course,

I did not expect this to be liked by most people anyway. I will load up some files with very much reduced cork screw effect as soon as there is a Robin forum available. (And I got the time)

Next week for sure! Maybe earlier.

Have a nice weekend :-)

first 6 pages intro and FSX set up, next 3 aircraft specifications, followed by 10 pages of checklists and procedures, completed by 16 pages on avionics = 35 pages total. This is extensive to you? I also have the Katana and would classify the docs on that one extensive, definitely wouldn't classify the Robin as such...

While 35 pages doesn´t sound like alot, I still find that all the informations necessary to fly this aircraft and operate the avionics is present, including performance charts etc.

For a small relative simple aircraft like the Robin I would regard the supplied manuals as extensive.

I´m not sure what is missing in that material considering that there are no complex systems or MCDU to explain.

As far as I remember, the only additional stuff for the Katana are the descriptions for all the maintenance stuff, but no performance charts included.

Finn

@ mikenor

Do you want to fly the aircraft, or only read manuals?

The manual is not very long, but what do you expect on such an easy aircraft?

There are many manuals available in the www. Please google one you like. They are all pretty equal, and no one actually fits to the plane it was delivered with.

Bests, Joachim

the Piper Cub is a much simpler aircraft yet A2A's version comes with a 128 page manual so not buying your argument. I would not have posted here if the word "extensive" was not included in the description of the product. I did not know much on the Robin and anticipated familiarising myself with the manual. I obviously ruffled some feathers, now regret bringing it up. You won't hear anymore from me on this, thank you for your responses.

• Aerosoft

first 6 pages intro and FSX set up, next 3 aircraft specifications, followed by 10 pages of checklists and procedures, completed by 16 pages on avionics = 35 pages total. This is extensive to you? I also have the Katana and would classify the docs on that one extensive, definitely wouldn't classify the Robin as such...

As I asked, what more information would you like to have? I have flown DR400 a while here in France and I flew the real ones with that documentation.

If you look at the German manual you see exactly the same information and as said that is a 'real' manual. That's what pilots use.

• Aerosoft

the Piper Cub is a much simpler aircraft yet A2A's version comes with a 128 page manual so not buying your argument. I would not have posted here if the word "extensive" was not included in the description of the product. I did not know much on the Robin and anticipated familiarising myself with the manual. I obviously ruffled some feathers, now regret bringing it up. You won't hear anymore from me on this, thank you for your responses.

Okay, I'll remove the word 'extensive'. But again if you tell us what more information you want we can dig that up for you.

@ mikenor

A2A's Manual of the Piper Cub:

17 pages Stories and history of the Piper Cub

2 pages Quick Start Guide

4 pages Installation

5 Pages explanation of the 2D panels

6 pages general description of the aircraft

50 pages very detailed operation guide

26 pages description of gauges etc

then credits

All the stuff there is very basic stuff, e.g. explained how an Altimeter works.

I do not say, that the Cub's manual is bad, but most stuff is for people never seen an aircraft before.

Stuff, what is explained on countless other manuals and websites regarding basic aircraft operation.

It is relatively simple, I would say:

The Piper Cub costs 40$ with Accusim (does not make sense without), that are about 30€ (5€ more then the DR400!)

But the Cub has less and simplier instruments then the DR400.

So I would say, the DR400 should cost then about 40€ or 45€

Are you willing to pay this?

:rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Juste a quick question, as I could not find the anwser on the product page:

What version of the DR400 is modelled ? There were lots of variants ranging from 120 to 180HP engine, with several tank configurations.

If this info is already published somewhere, I could not find it.

Best regards.

Charles

I really was going to let this one rest but had to respond to guenseli to clarify - I was referring to the non accusim Piper Cub ($24.99)which has 128 pages, add the Accusim to it and you get an additional 48 pages (I have both versions). If it didn't make sense to purchase without Accusim why would they offer it? I see I've hit a nerve here and am dropping this - accepting what it is. I do really like the airplane and don't regret purchasing her - just expected more in depth info on an aircraft I was not familiar with.

Hello Mike,

There's no need to drop the thread. Just focus on details of your original request. Remember that we're just past release, and now is time that is easy for us and opportune for customers to make update improvements. As Mathijs said, if you can give us a hint as the type of information you'd like to see added in, we'll do what we can to fill in the gaps.

Kindest Regards,

John

Hi John - My objective here is not to promote other vendors, but have always looked forward to reading A2A manuals on new releases. Very in-depth on systems as well as strategies/approaches to flying them. I really didn't mean for this thread to go this far, was just enquiring on the manual as I was thinking I may have been missing something. I've turned the page (literally) :) on this one - really do like the aircraft and will do some research on my own. Thanks, Mike

What version of the DR400 is modelled ? There were lots of variants ranging from 120 to 180HP engine, with several tank configurations.

We must add this, I allready asked for it.

It is the Avions Pierre Robin DR400-140B "Major"

Cheers, Joachim

• Deputy Sheriffs

Okay, I'll remove the word 'extensive'. But again if you tell us what more information you want we can dig that up for you.

Maybe "complete" instead of "extensive"? Or "Copy of original documentation in German and English"?

Just a thought. As pointed out, there isn't much for such a simple and older aircraft. The 1968 Cessna 150 I learned to fly in (still have the Owner's Manual) didn't have more than what was described for the Robin.

Archived